Home
Does anyone know the name of the company or companies making optics in the Philippines?

You had a bunch of Nikon but they are no more. I’ve seen Burris and more recently swfa scopes made there.
They seem pretty solid...just curious who the maker is
Many of the Japanese companies also make optics in the Philippines. This is hard to determine..
So these are brand owned factories and not third party makers?
Originally Posted by MidBore338
Does anyone know the name of the company or companies making optics in the Philippines?

You had a bunch of Nikon but they are no more. I’ve seen Burris and more recently swfa scopes made there.

Don't leave out Vortex, the crap they don't have made in China they have made in the Philippines
So these are brand owned factories and not third party makers?

Most brands do not have their own factories, they use existing factories. Nikon used Kenko in the Philippines
Im far from an expert but Nikons Philippine made scopes seemed pretty good to me. Any other major makers over there you can think of Doug? I find this super interesting. The Japanese makers are pretty well known but the Philippines remains a mystery
This guy does a nice job keeping up with the specs and origin of manufacture for optics. Once you get to site, go to menu and look for optics database.

sageratsafaris.com

Burris did not just turn over production of Fullfield IIs to a Philippine company. Instead they provided the machinery and tooling, and trained the Philippine workers in how to use it.
© 24hourcampfire