Home
Posted By: 6MMWASP Zeiss Warranty repair heads up - 04/28/21
I recently sent in a Zeiss, Diavari V 3-12x56 because the illumination no longer worked.

After a few days at the Kentucky repair center they sent it to Germany for repair.

Repair quote was $390.

Thinking I'll not buy any more Zeiss products.
I don’t think anyone warrants electronic components.

Leupold makes that clear.

DF
pretty spendy, that was an expensive scope to start out with.
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
I recently sent in a Zeiss, Diavari V 3-12x56 because the illumination no longer worked.

After a few days at the Kentucky repair center they sent it to Germany for repair.

Repair quote was $390.

Thinking I'll not buy any more Zeiss products.

There is not a single alpha optics maker that warranties their electronics for more then several years if that. Not One.

Your Diavari still brings big bucks on the Used market.
They should not charge you for failed illumination in a Diavari. Zeiss service generally sucks—a point that has strongly influenced my purchasing. No more Zeiss.
I've had great service from Zeiss twice because it was my own fault; but they still did the repairs with no charge. In both cases, I did not expect it to be free of charges. I'd buy a Zeiss product again in a heartbeat.
I'm not saying that I expected anything, I was hoping that an alpha glass manufacturer would stand behind one of their high end optics.

The glass is still exceptional.

Any ideas on what it might bring without the illumination working.
Ouch.
Originally Posted by kingston
They should not charge you for failed illumination in a Diavari. Zeiss service generally sucks—a point that has strongly influenced my purchasing. No more Zeiss.

Product is not made anymore and has not been made in a long time.They have had three iterations since the Diavari lineup stopped. I have never had to use their warranty service either on scopes,binos . NO ALPHA optics manufacturer offers more then a 1-3 year warranty on electronics. Zeiss,Swarovski,Leica,Meopta you name it.
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
I'm not saying that I expected anything, I was hoping that an alpha glass manufacturer would stand behind one of their high end optics.

The glass is still exceptional.

Any ideas on what it might bring without the illumination working.

Nope, Working probably more then you paid for it.
Thanks for the heads up and I would just use it as is or sell it letting buyer know.
i know for a fact meopta warrants electronics for life and i'm pretty sure leica does too at least thats what they told me. for the euro market its 10 yrs but for north america its for life. that was a big deal when i decided to jump on board with illuminated scopes so a question i asked before purchase.
Big Ed
Zeiss gave me the run around on a repair as well. Wanted me to send it in and then they'd let me know what kind of discount they could offer on a replacement because that model was no longer made. This was under warranty. I won't buy another Zeiss.
My buddy was less than impressed with Zeiss CS as well. Took them 8 months to get his spotter back to him for a focus wheel mechanism repair.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
My buddy was less than impressed with Zeiss CS as well. Took them 8 months to get his spotter back to him for a focus wheel mechanism repair.

Complete utter BS....unreal....
Meopta repaired a scope for me. It was returned ahead of schedule . The repair was free.
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Complete utter BS....unreal....

I’ve got a Zeiss bin/rf with a couple black flecks inside the glass. I haven’t found the patience to deal with their CS bullshît.

Maybe when I’m older and need something to do, I’ll send them off.

🦫
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Meopta repaired a scope for me. It was returned ahead of schedule . The repair was free.

We are talking about Zeiss, dumbfûck !

🦫
I sent a Zeiss Conquest in for lens coating issue.They had to send the scope back to the German factory for this warranty work.It took about four months to get the scope back but I really can't complain,scope is like new,new lenses,new scope covers and new scope box free of charge.
Originally Posted by whitearrow
i know for a fact meopta warrants electronics for life and i'm pretty sure leica does too at least thats what they told me. for the euro market its 10 yrs but for north america its for life. that was a big deal when i decided to jump on board with illuminated scopes so a question i asked before purchase.
Big Ed
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I don’t think anyone warrants electronic components.

Leupold makes that clear.

DF
Only optics CS service I’ve dealt with....

Kahles. At the time they had a contact in Idaho i think.... then it was on / off swarvoski.

I dropped my binos. Told them i dropped them.

I paid shipping to Idaho.

They shipped to Austria. Fixed them. Amd return shipped them.

Total? Shipping to Idaho.

I've used Zeiss for repairs a few times without issue. If it has to go back to Germany, I send it in the off season. I have never expected them to fix anything unconditionally but they are one of the few left with a lifetime transferable warranty. As stated, most companies' warranties are far more strict on electronics
Just pay the friggin money and use the classic Zeiss glass until you die.....geeeeez
Zeiss claims to guarantee the electronics in their rangefinding Victory binoculars for 5 years--though with a little fanciness in the language. This is longer than just about any other company guarantees RF binoculars.
i had good luck with leica also when my electronics went wonky on a visus. it went back to germany for a few months but came back in good working order with no money outta pocket.
Big Ed
© 24hourcampfire