Home
Posted By: Ringman Swarovski z81? - 05/04/21
Anyone have good or bad experience with a Swarovski z8i 3.5-28X50?
Posted By: andrews1958 Re: Swarovski z81? - 05/05/21
Great post. I have quite a few Z6i scopes. The glass is perfection. Curious to hear from Z8i owners to see what they think.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Swarovski z81? - 05/07/21
No one here likes Swarovski enough to buy one? All the reviews I found sound like advertisements.
Posted By: ChrisAU Re: Swarovski z81? - 05/07/21
I had a 2.3-18x56, in theory the wide FOV on the bottom end made it a great whitetail scope. However, I found something typical of all high ratio erector scopes, a pitiful eyebox on minimum power caused by a very small exit pupil compared to similar sized, but lower ratio, scopes.

For example, Swaro lists the 2.3-18x56 as having an exit pupil of 8.1mm at 2.3x, a Meopta R1 3-12x56 has an exit pupil of 15.2mm at 3x. A hunting scope that requires that much eye position discipline at 2.3x just isn't user friendly in the woods IMO.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Swarovski z81? - 05/07/21
Originally Posted by Ringman
No one here likes Swarovski enough to buy one? All the reviews I found sound like advertisements.

I like Swarovski's optics; own several and would buy another. Maybe even another Z8i. However, I'm still waiting for one of 23 deciduous trees in my yard to sprout dollar bills ($) rather than leaves. . . . . . .
laugh

Until then my budget is limited . . . .
Posted By: KenLee Re: Swarovski z81? - 05/17/21
I recon this is the reason these high endcscopes don't get brighter as you turn down the magnification like on older scopes?
Posted By: Ringman Re: Swarovski z81? - 05/17/21
I don't know. Mine are on their lowest setting when hunting and on around 20X at the range. I like the extra top magnification to verify I want to kill the critter in the scope before I squeeze the trigger tech.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Swarovski z81? - 05/18/21
Since no one has kicked in with info, I ordered one with the idea I can return it if it does not beat my Bushnell 6500. The guy was a Swarovski fan and convinced Swarovski is better than Schmidt and Bender. We will see.
Posted By: cervus Re: Swarovski z81? - 05/18/21
What model have you ordered??? Will be interested in what you think of it..

Are looking at purchasing a 1.7-13.3 z8 within next couple of months...
Posted By: Ringman Re: Swarovski z81? - 05/19/21
I ordered a 3.5-28x50. I think it has a brx reticle.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Swarovski z81? - 05/25/21
The z8i arrived yesterday. I was very excited to say the least. I laid out a large sandbag for the 8.5 Coyle and a small one for the new scope. The glass was a big disappointment! I really wanted it to smoke my Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50. I adjusted the reticle clear and sharp in the clouds and put it back on 3 1/2X. I hoped it would match the 4 1/2X of the 6500. It didn't. "That's okay. It will shine at higher magnification," I thought. It didn't. In fact it is no better than the four z5 5-25X52 or the z6 5-30X50.

For $3,285 one twould think Swarovski would try to matchW theS&BB. Ididn't need to go back and forth to compare it with my scope. It's in another league above mine.

Looks like I will order a March 2 1/2-25X52. I already tried one of our.com friend's and it was like the S&B. No need to go back and forth trying to discover which was best.
© 24hourcampfire