Home
Factory notified me that my 2.5x-25x March hunting scope left Japan today. Now I'm waiting on D'Arcy Echols for my stock. It will be a switch barrel rifle in 300RUM and 338RUM.
Posted By: Ringman Re: March scope shipped today - 05/27/21
Congrats. What reticle?

Lord willing I will soon have one on the way.
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Factory notified me that my 2.5x-25x March hunting scope left Japan today. Now I'm waiting on D'Arcy Echols for my stock. It will be a switch barrel rifle in 300RUM and 338RUM.

Excellent. Which one did you get, the 2.5-25X42 or the 2.5-25X52?
Originally Posted by FTR_Shooter
Originally Posted by butchlambert1

Excellent. Which one did you get, the 2.5-25X42 or the 2.5-25X52?

It will have the 42mm objective. Di Plex reticle.
Posted By: gunzo Re: March scope shipped today - 05/29/21
Jealous here, one great scope, or so it seems. Checks a lot of boxes IMO.

Please share your opinions after you've looked it over.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: March scope shipped today - 05/29/21
You're going to like that scope!
I've used a 45x March shooting BR and I really liked the positive vertical and horizontal adjustment. Not like a Leupold needing a few shots to move to where you dialed.
The March 2.5-25X42 is an awesome hunting scope. Built like a tank, solid as can be and yet still light and great IQ. You're going to love it.

What rings are you looking at for it?
I'll be using Alaska Arms rings and bases. Needed something that will handle recoil.
You are going to LOVE it.
My March is the best Scope and Best Glass I have and I wish that I could afford another one.
Scope is in customs in LA. It is not released to ship to Texas yet.
Tracking shows it to be here on Monday.
Posted By: Ringman Re: March scope shipped today - 06/11/21
Congrats.
We need an update
Did you get it today.
Tracking said it was dropped off at my other shop today. I will get it tomorrow. Until I get my RUM built I think I will put it on my 308 for a test drive.
I see that March has posted a link to a review of the March 2.5-25X42.

https://marchscopes.com/news/9359/

It's an interesting read.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: March scope shipped today - 06/16/21
I'd really like to try their FFP 3-24 with FML reticle:

https://www.eurooptic.com/March-F-T...lluminated-FFP-Riflescope-D24V42FIM.aspx
Yeah, that's an amazing FFP scope. It's essentially the same body and optics as the 2.5-25X, except it's FFP and has a zoom ration of 1:8 to the 1:10 for the 2.5-25X.

They are both about 12 inches long and 22 ounces.
Just opened the box. Clicks are very positive. It may be next month or so before I mount it. A very very busy month.
Congrat's on finally having it in your hands.
Waiting Sucks
Been There
Posted By: RPN Re: March scope shipped today - 06/17/21
I've got a 3-24 x 42 ffp with the FML, and it is superb. The reticle works on 3x as a tapered post style duplex, and past 8x the stadia are easily used.
The clicks match the reticle, and the whole lot is accurately calibrated - 1 mil is one mil.

I had the FML-1 previously, but sold it when I bought and used the FML.

But for the price, they would be all I would buy.
I had an March 3-24x42 and the same in a 50 and like a dummy sold them. I preferred the 50mm as the eye box gets a bit tight at 24x on the 42mm. Only other thing is that the parallax knob adjusts fast so it takes some getting used to making small adjustments.

Otherwise the glass is great, tracks true, returns to zero and had the easiest stop to set ever.
© 24hourcampfire