Home
I picked up a steel tube weaver excellent condition and really good glass. Duplex crosshair. Issue is the variable adjustment it will not go past 4x... it's just like it hits a stop. From 2-4 it's smooth as glass. Any ideas ?? Hate to scrap it over that worst case scenario may keep to put on an old school 22 or pass it on
I can personally recommend Ackerman's. They do a lot of work on the steel tube Weavers, along with other scopes.

https://targetshooteroptics.com/

Good shootin'. smile -Al
Posted By: Muffin Re: Steel tube weaver question - 07/19/21
I have sent several old Weavers to www.ironsightinc.com

they have one of mine now....
Originally Posted by Muffin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have a Redfield Widefield at Iron Sight now, but if you look at their page for Weaver scopes, they have a note that they can no longer refurbish/rebuild the Weaver V series(variable) scopes.

Weaver page with note.

I've had 3 Weavers done there. One was a variable but that was a few years back.
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael

I've had 3 Weavers done there. One was a variable but that was a few years back.

I had one done a few back also! Guess they don’t service theWeaver V series any longer.
Well I will make some calls and see what I can find out. If it performs and holds on 4x. I have an old 22 or two that might try it out on
Vice Grips.
© 24hourcampfire