Home
Hello,

I am offered one in very good condition at a very good price but I never had one in my hands....

Thank you!

PH
Great eastern woods scope. I had one on an M7 S/S in 308.
My custom pre-64 M70 358 in wears one and it has been fine.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

They were/are very good scopes.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Wish I hadn't sold mine......
Got one on a 700 in .223, it has worked very well.
Great scope. Also has way less tunneling than the 2.5-8.
Thank you all !
My favorite scope for medium bores. Used iin Africa on my 375 H&H at ranges from 25 yards (buffalo) to kudu at 350. And of course, the DOPES at Leupold stopped making it.
A great little hunting scope, i use one on my 9.3x62mm, with 320gr Woodleighs at 2400 fps, 1 to 300 yard shooting is a breeze, couldn't imagine a more fitting scope.

I had the heavy duplex in mine which I found nearly perfect in the grey African bush. We typically think of fine reticles for precision, and yet with a very accurate Blaser R93 375, I shot several .3” 3-shot groups at a 100 yds with it and regularly under .75”.

Apparently, not a big seller. Too bad. It seemed to me to be about as well-rounded a hunting scope around and with a brighter sight-picture than the slightly smaller, but also handy, 1.5-5x.
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I had the heavy duplex in mine which I found nearly perfect in the grey African bush. We typically think of fine reticles for precision, and yet with a very accurate Blaser R93 375, I shot several .3” 3-shot groups at a 100 yds with it and regularly under .75”.

Apparently, not a big seller. Too bad. It seemed to me to be about as well-rounded a hunting scope around and with a brighter sight-picture than the slightly smaller, but also handy, 1.5-5x.

Me too, George. I like it.
I sure like mine. Heavy Duplex also.
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Wish I hadn't sold mine......

Same lament...
frown
Another +, I thought they were a great scope. I only ever had one. I had it mounted on a 30-06 that I gave to a young man here on the Fire.

I wish they still made them.

GOOD SCOPE
Love mine on my custom 9.3x62, Pre 64 custom. Even with only 6x I've shot some of the best groups of my life.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I have two. One on a 338 and another on a 375. The one on the 338 started scattering rounds after several hundred rounds. I sent it back and it was repaired and have had no problems since. The one on the 375 is going strong after several hundred rounds.
I have a late-build 1.75-6X still NIB. The last one rode on the a Marlin SS guide gun I foolishly sold. I'm waiting for Ruger to start building Marlin lever actions so I can get a rifle to go under this scope. For a while I was going to put it on a Win 70 .375 but I would up putting a 4.5-14X on it instead.

With that scope and my guide gun (and a Wild West Lever Guns trigger) I was consistently putting 3 shots at or under 3/4ths of an inch at 100 yards. Not bad .. not bad at all.

Tom
I’ve got one on a 30-30. It was defective from the factory so I sent it in. I inquired about changing the reticle from Heavy Duplex to German #4, Leupold changed it at no charge as recompense for my trouble. The 30-30 it’s mounted on has a Happy Trigger too. For a 30-30 the rifle is very accurate, at least IMO. I get groups ranging from a little under MOA to a little over with factory 150 grain Corelokts.
It’s definitely one of the scopes I wish Leupold had not discontinued, along with the VX-R line. I’ve got a VX-R 2-7x33 I really like.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I have one in perfect shape if interested. Make me an offer!
My favorite scope size!
I had one with the Leupold Post/Duplex reticle the former Custom Shop offered. It was a good hunting scope and I wish I had that reticle in my Nightforce SHV, but I never warmed up to it like the 2.5-8x36 Leupold.

I sold it to a guy in South East Alaska and he loves it for his deer hunts in that jungle they call a costal forest. A place that is full of big black and brown bears that hunt the same deer when the salmon run is over.
I have four and they are not for sale! Perfect for a wide variety of calibers and actions, IMO.
© 24hourcampfire