Home
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Looks like a two piece pic or weaver. I can't seem to find them.
Don't know what the mount set up is, but it sure is ugly!
Thanks for the help.
I’m honestly not sure. I’ve not seen them before, but I’d like to know as well.
There's only so many options for a fieldcraft... when you rule out Talley lightweights you gotta make some sacrifices in the looks department.
Are you talking about the actual base or what looks to be a piece between the base & ring?

Two piece base could be a chopped up one piece rail?
Just looking at the base.

I suppose it's possible it's a chopped rail.
Originally Posted by chris84
Are you talking about the actual base or what looks to be a piece between the base & ring?

Wondered that. Or another two piece with hole spacing that was modified?
I don’t recall two piece bases ever being offered (at least not that I was aware of.)
I think you and I may have even discussed making some over pm.
That is what I think it is
Agreed - looks like a chopped Talley rail.
IMO, Talley rail, chopped. I have yet to find a two-piece Weaver for the Fieldcraft. They made a mistake by cutting it to eliminate the third screw in the front.

Have a rail on mine now, with 1” and 30mm Talleys in reserve. The rail is a bit too high, so I may go back to the LWs.
I have 30mm Talley at the moment. Kinda lost faith in them. Had a poi shift after a long ride in the pickup and some bumpy roads.

Planning on a Talley rail and Ken Farrell rings. Should be almost as low.

From top of receiver to bottom of scope tube.
Talley 30mm low .40"
Rail and rings .504"(I think...if I did my math right)
I used Warne Mountain Tech rings. Planning on transitioning to them on my other rifles from the Burris, which are a PITA to remove and replace.[Linked Image]
I like how the mountain tech look, wish they were lower.
I'm pretty set on Ken Farrell or Apa lows.
From what I remembered, I tried both leupold and tally rails with leupold PRW low rings and with that configuration I found myself wanting lower, so I had to switch to Talley LW’s.

Dakota- report back with your findings with that rail and ring combo.
Will do. Ordered the talley rail. Just have to decide if I want to do the Farrell rings or find a used set of apa...out of stock everywhere. Dragging my feet on the Farrell...they're steel.
Talley 0 moa rail. Apa low rings. Not bad but not Talley lightweight low.. (pic off rokslide)
Here's my fieldcraft and Montana in talley lw lows
Warne ?
Originally Posted by dakotakidd
I have 30mm Talley at the moment. Kinda lost faith in them. Had a poi shift after a long ride in the pickup and some bumpy roads.

If you just bolt 'em on, you can very well have issues. Done correctly, the Talley's won't give any trouble.-Al
Al,

Do you have a tutorial on how to correctly mount talleys?

I recall seeing your method but couldn’t find the post. Thanks
Looking in with amazement from outside of the BFC world, it seems an utter clusterfuuck.

1) Why exactly is there not a simple two piece cross-slot base option? Like the Burris Xtreme? Warne? And WTF was it not supplied by Barret?

2) Why, for the love of rifles, didn't Leupold offer their non-Picatinny height cross-slot rail in 0 moa? FFS this is silly.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Looking in with amazement from outside of the BFC world, it seems an utter clusterfuuck.

1) Why exactly is there not a simple two piece cross-slot base option? Like the Burris Xtreme? Warne? And WTF was it not supplied by Barret?

2) Why, for the love of rifles, didn't Leupold offer their non-Picatinny height cross-slot rail in 0 moa? FFS this is silly.

Excellent questions, Boomie. Don’t have an excellent answer.

Thought about cutting the Talley rail like Stick, but that still leaves it higher than ideal. Replacing the VX-5 in LWs with the Toric on a rail added at least half a pound. In the end, I might go with a 3-9 Trijicon in LWs, which should get me very close to 6lbs again.
PM sent

The guy above made the best Fieldcraft rings ever! That AKwolverine guy absconded with a set of them....he's quick.... You can see chris84's work here:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../re-custom-fieldcraft-scope-mounts-rings

Talking chris84 into making a LOW 0-MOA, stainless, two piece pic base would be really nice. Low like Burris, with 3 holes for the front. Could be something efficient to make if one long piece was used to make multiple sets and cut into separate bases afterwards. A team effort might be needed to make it worth his while....hint.....
I remember seeing those for sale, before I had a fieldcraft.
I'd be a buyer if they or a low pic/weaver rail was ever made.

I think it is because there are so few Fieldcraft rifles it is not worth the time or money to develop and market bases. I have the Talley LW's on mine but not in love with them.I'm going to ask Talley if they have their SS bases of the correct height in a blank so I can drill for the Fieldcraft. I have the Talley SS rings and bases on a few of my other rifles and think they are the nuts.
A pair of Weaver #83 bases could be easily modified to fit the Fieldcraft rifles if you're not hung up on using three screws for the front base.

Good shootin'. -Al
I'm using Talley LWs because I don't like the other options

If Chris makes a run of pic or weaver bases I'm in
If he offered more rings as shown above (especially if the front ring caught all three base screws), or low pic 1- or 2-piece base, I’m in as well.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

The guy above made the best Fieldcraft rings ever! That AKwolverine guy absconded with a set of them....he's quick.... You can see chris84's work here:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../re-custom-fieldcraft-scope-mounts-rings

Talking chris84 into making a LOW 0-MOA, stainless, two piece pic base would be really nice. Low like Burris, with 3 holes for the front. Could be something efficient to make if one long piece was used to make multiple sets and cut into separate bases afterwards. A team effort might be needed to make it worth his while....hint.....

Cool.

Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
A pair of Weaver #83 bases could be easily modified to fit the Fieldcraft rifles if you're not hung up on using three screws for the front base.

Good shootin'. -Al

So, that Weaver number #83 has the correct contour? Am supposing so, just seeking verification.
I still plan to make at least 10 sets of the TLW style rings - I already bought the material, but then we got busy & I wasn't able to get them in. Won't happen until after hunting season though.

I'll think about doing the bases.
If you’re putting people on a list for the Talley style, I’d like to get on it
Same here...sign me up for 30mm Talley light weight style
A pair of Weaver #83 bases could be easily modified to fit the Fieldcraft rifles if you're not hung up on using three screws for the front base.Good shootin'. -Al

So, that Weaver number #83 has the correct contour? Am supposing so, just seeking verification.

It's within a few thou. of the Fieldcraft receiver diameter. They'll need a dab of bedding to make them a perfect fit...but that should be done on bases as routine. -Al
I’d definitely like to be on the list for a set of the TLW-style rings.

I still plan to make at least 10 sets of the TLW style rings - I already bought the material, but then we got busy & I wasn't able to get them in. Won't happen until after hunting season though.

I'll think about doing the bases.
Originally Posted by robertham1
If you’re putting people on a list for the Talley style, I’d like to get on it

Sign me up as well Chris; for both if you end up doing bases too.
A pair of Weaver #83 bases could be easily modified to fit the Fieldcraft rifles if you're not hung up on using three screws for the front base.Good shootin'. -Al

It's within a few thou. of the Fieldcraft receiver diameter. They'll need a dab of bedding to make them a perfect fit...but that should be done on bases as routine. -Al

Cool. Thanks.

A simple two - piece steel cross-slot set would be the solution here, just like everywhere else. Make them wide slots and rejoice.

Good luck to all ya'll.

Cool. Thanks.

A simple two - piece steel cross-slot set would be the solution here, just like everywhere else. Make them wide slots and rejoice.

Good luck to all ya'll.

That's the approach I take.
half the reason i tripped my fc was the scope mount options

either talley or chin weld basically
I can understand that.

For me, after trying a rail/ring combo and Talley mediums, I realized it’s Talley Lows or bust.

I’d prefer a ring/rail, but they’re just too tall for me.
Originally Posted by Switch
Don't know what the mount set up is, but it sure is ugly!

Wanna see ugly check out the Warne Mountain Tech rings.
What makes mountain techs ugly?

Just got one in the mail today. Damn close. Thanks Al!
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

No problem. smile Will be bedding them to a pards Fieldcraft after he's done with it this season.

No problem. smile Will be bedding them to a pards Fieldcraft after he's done with it this season.

What rings is he planning? The weaver style limits currently available options a bit.
I also need to source some replacement 8-40 mounting screws it appears. 😊

Ever get these put on your fieldcraft?

I'm still waiting on aluminum Ken Farrell rings.
Nope - still sitting on my bench!
I'm still waiting for aluminum Ken Farrell rings to be in stock..
© 24hourcampfire