Home
I will be putting a red dot on my wolf 50 cal muzzleloader, want reliability without spending 100s. 1 power is plenty, 1 MOA fine, but flexible. Variable brightness settings important. second hand fine.

recommendations?

thanks in advance

garCH
Romeo 5
You’ll have a tough time finding 1moa at that price point. No matter, 3 or 4 is fine. You need to decide if you want a tube-type or an open frame. Burris Fastfires are tough enough for mounting on pistol slides, and have a lot of mount options. You can get a FF2 for about $160; a 3 is about $200, both with pic mounts. I have a FF1, and three FF2s. Never a problem with any pf them. Have had some closed tubes too. For whatever reason, those have been more trouble, even a Vortex Sparc2, which was supposed to be really tough, failed on a .357 after about 10 rounds. Of course they replaced it quickly and for free.

FFs are made in th
Romeo 5 for me as well.
Bushnell TRS-25. Water proof with good sized objective lens for a mini red dot (25mm). Dot size is supposed to be 3 MOA but looks smaller, very low mounting and a very rugged sight. I believe the street price is around $100 or so. RJ
Vortex SPARC or other with night vision brightness levels and without dark tinting.
Thanks
all
Just picked up a sig romeo 5 from berelli, $100 shipped, I'm impressed
The Leupold RDS is more money but it's built tough and has a 1MOA dot. I have one on a 45 Colt Carbine that I shoot heavy Ruger-only loads in.
trying Bushnell TRS-25
© 24hourcampfire