Home
Posted By: ringworm Who makes a good gloss scope - 11/07/21
Just picked up a classic manlicher and I want to switch the matte that's on it for something that matches the blued finish.
Best bet is look for used scopes. I do not know if gloss scopes are made at this time.
FWIW, on Midway’s Optics drop-down, “Gloss” is not a choice under Finish. Same on the Leupold site. You might pose this question to Doug from Cameraland, but I think dale06 is probably correct. You can look on GB, Ebay, etc, but if making it all pretty is the goal, I suggest you check one of the sites that specializes in vintage models. You’ll pay a pretty penny for a pristine one, but if your rifle has a few blemishes, you could match it with a similarly worn scope.

I paid about $200 for a pretty nice M8 4X to go on an old custom FN last year and think I did pretty well. Not quite a perfect age match, but close enough.

Good luck.
Leica Viscus was the last glossy scopes I saw for sale new. They may be discontinued now.
I been looking myself , Your choice is to look for used ,nothing new that I have found
Posted By: Fotis Re: Who makes a good gloss scope - 11/10/21
Look for an older vx3 2 1/2 to 8 Leupold and call it good
You should look for an older one with a good condition
Originally Posted by Fotis
Look for an older vx3 2 1/2 to 8 Leupold and call it good

Exactly the goal
I have a Vari-X III 2.5-8 if that would be of interest?

No one
Posted By: LFC Re: Who makes a good gloss scope - 11/12/21
You ever notice the matte finished scopes seen to scratch easier than the gloss finished scopes....might just be me.
Originally Posted by LFC
You ever notice the matte finished scopes seen to scratch easier than the gloss finished scopes....might just be me.

I'm with you there.

I've also noticed that gloss finished wood usually fends off scratches and scrapes better than various matte finishes.
© 24hourcampfire