Home
I've never owned anything more expensive than the Meopta Meopros 8x42 that I currently have. I'm in need of another pair of good binoculars.
I have looked at several in the $450 price range including GPO passion, Kowa BDii wide angle, and Vortex Viper. I need some advice on what I need...
Are the Tract binoculars worth the cost?
You can find used upper end Minox in that range that are excellent.
As a long standing supporting vendor on this forum it would be our pleasure to discuss options and special opportunities with you. Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, if you have a few minutes
BHP photo still has the meopro 8x42 for 450$
Originally Posted by JackVliet
BHP photo still has the meopro 8x42 for 450$

Thanks
If you can live with 10x42's Cabelas has Vipers HD 10x42's on sale right now for $299.97.
Originally Posted by centershot
If you can live with 10x42's Cabelas has Vipers HD 10x42's on sale right now for $299.97.

Picked up those Vipers at the Pyramid, thanks.
The Burris 8x42 Signature HD are available at Cameraland for $399.
Yeah, but that's regular, everyday price. powdr
It's stupid easy

Call Doug at Camera Land
The Vipers for $299 is a steal. I used them today while hunting a field.
Go meopta 8-32’s and thank me later. 👍
Maven C.1 (sale price $262.50) vs Vortex Viper HD (sale price $299.97).

Size 10x42

What is the better choice for hunting out west in the Rockies?
Originally Posted by AdventureBound

Size 10x42

I don’t know anything about hunting out west but I just bought both of these at their sale prices. I’m returning the Vipers. The Maven C.1 had better overall image clarity and especially around the edges.
Originally Posted by birddog1

Size 10x42

I don’t know anything about hunting out west but I just bought both of these at their sale prices. I’m returning the Vipers. The Maven C.1 had better overall image clarity and especially around the edges.

Where ya buy the Mavin's C1
To answer your question about Tracts, the answer is an unequivocal yes. Get on their mailing list as they frequently offer demos at reduced price.
Didn't like my Viper 10x50s.

The diopter was far too easy to inadvertently move (no locking mechanism) because my natural hold put my thumb right up against it and the focus was way too fast - very easy to go past point of beat focus and have to go back and forth to find it.

On a 3 day hunt, mine was constantly collapsing one or the other eye cup, making a quick look impossible.

The glass was very nice, though.
Originally Posted by Remington280

Size 10x42

On sale through Monday.

https://mavenbuilt.com/collections/...-8x42-10x42-12x42?variant=32127693979726
Originally Posted by Judman
Go meopta 8-32’s and thank me later. 👍

Thank you. Santa ordered me a pair and I am tickled with them.
Thanks for the guidance.

I ordered the Maven C.1. I’ve had them a few days and I am impressed - albeit I don’t have much experience with binoculars, so my opinion isn’t very valuable.

Bought them off Amazon Prime so that I got free shipping.

Size 10x42

Amazon and Maven website both had them for 25% off. $262 I believe
There should be an automatic redirect to Doug's optics retail outlet. Anytime someone from this site has an optics question. Cuts down on the (that's easy go see Doug responce.)
Originally Posted by ErichTheRed
There should be an automatic redirect to Doug's optics retail outlet. Anytime someone from this site has an optics question. Cuts down on the (that's easy go see Doug responce.)

I agree lol

Always our pleasure to assist the members here and share special opportunities with you
I’m curious how the zeiss terra ED stack up against what’s being discussed in this thread?
Have been thoroughly impressed with the $299 Vipers from Cabelas's. I have a Swaro SLC 10x42 and in direct comparison the Vipers are very very good. They don't quite have the depth of field of the Swaros but the sharpness at the center (and most) of the view is extremely close. Have ran them in bright light where the Swaro has a little better control of flare and near dark where the difference requires a tripod to hold them still enough to see any difference. The Vipers are good enough that I am seriously considering selling my SLC's. Would have never guessed the Vipers to be that good.
I picked up the Vipers also, comparing them to my meopta meopros. I'm very satisfied and the sale price made it that much better.
Originally Posted by centershot
Have been thoroughly impressed with the $299 Vipers from Cabelas's. I have a Swaro SLC 10x42 and in direct comparison the Vipers are very very good. They don't quite have the depth of field of the Swaros but the sharpness at the center (and most) of the view is extremely close. Have ran them in bright light where the Swaro has a little better control of flare and near dark where the difference requires a tripod to hold them still enough to see any difference. The Vipers are good enough that I am seriously considering selling my SLC's. Would have never guessed the Vipers to be that good.

I picked up the Vipers also, comparing them to my meopta meopros. I'm very satisfied and the sale price made it that much better.

My son bought the Vipers from Cabela's for the sale price too. I must say, I'm very impressed. Not ready to trade my ELs for 'em, but what a value@$299.
© 24hourcampfire