Home
Posted By: Dre New Tract scopes - 12/15/21
Tomorrow.
This is From their FB page
All new scope will be announced tomorrow with special pre-order savings...www.tractoptics.com #TRACTOptics #30mm #precisionshooting #precisionshooting #shootinglife #outdoors #pewpew #blackgun #ar-15 #huntinglife
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: New Tract scopes - 12/15/21
LPVO?
Posted By: Dre Re: New Tract scopes - 12/15/21
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
LPVO?

Idk
Guess we will find out tomorrow
Posted By: skeen Re: New Tract scopes - 12/15/21
This banner on their website?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: KoolBreeze Re: New Tract scopes - 12/15/21
Illumination maybe?
Originally Posted by skeen
This banner on their website?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You know what I just noticed? In their banner and product description they use "LPVO."

But, in their heading they have the acronym spelled, "LVPO."

Damn content & creative agencies. laugh laugh
Dang.....I just guessed with the #ar15. Good guess.
Posted By: Dre Re: New Tract scopes - 12/15/21
Really good guess!

I am hoping they do more Low power hunting scope vs their LR and ELR.
2-12, 30 mm tube for me
Originally Posted by Dre
Really good guess!

2-12, 30 mm tube for me

Would be nice.

A 2-12, 30mm, capped or locking windage, simple mil reticle (or moa), mil adjustments (or moa), zero stop/locking elevation turret. Make it rtz, track reliably, and halfway decent glass.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: New Tract scopes - 12/15/21
Originally Posted by Dre
Really good guess!

2-12, 30 mm tube for me

Would be nice.

A 2-12, 30mm, capped or locking windage, simple mil reticle (or moa), mil adjustments (or moa), zero stop/locking elevation turret. Make it rtz, track reliably, and halfway decent glass.

While we are at it … let’s have it weight 16 ounces or less.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: New Tract scopes - 12/15/21
Originally Posted by Dre
Really good guess!

2-12, 30 mm tube for me

Would be nice.

I was hoping that or something similar would be the new scope. I completely understand them wanting to offer something to the AR market though. Not sure that they want SFP scopes for that application but I’m not a typical user for that type scope. I do have something like that on the kids 22 for the field of view. Works well for that.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: New Tract scopes - 12/15/21
How about a simple T-Plex with the same sort of red dot in the middle for hunting? I like a reticle that’s visible in cover both when lit, and when not.

I have a Trijicon Huron HX 1-6 that’s pretty good, but like many the side bars are too far from center. They also make a 1-8, but it’s a 34mm and pretty heavy for hunting.
Posted By: 4th_point Re: New Tract scopes - 12/16/21
Originally Posted by Dre
Really good guess!

2-12, 30 mm tube for me

Would be nice.

They are supposed to have a 30mm, 2.5-15x44 with capped windage and exposed elevation turret with zero stop. MIL or MOA, and decent amount of travel.

I have come to really appreciate a 12x or 15x for some applications, and this could be a killer scope depending on the reticles offered. Probably won't be inexpensive or lightweight though.

Posted By: Kaleb Re: New Tract scopes - 12/16/21
I would really like for that to pan out. I’ve hoped for a slightly smaller version of their current 30mm FFP scopes.
Posted By: skeen Re: New Tract scopes - 12/16/21
Originally Posted by skeen

Huh. Wonder why they took the video down?
Posted By: Dre Re: New Tract scopes - 12/16/21
So much for new scopes.
I spoke to John asking if there are other options and made my wish.
I guess I’ll just keep on dreaming about a quality and reasonably priced 2-12
Posted By: bellydeep Re: New Tract scopes - 12/16/21
I didn’t know people were still buying these things.

How did the originals hold up?
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: New Tract scopes - 12/16/21
Sometimes, this company can be a little strange.
Posted By: cotis Re: New Tract scopes - 12/16/21
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by Dre
Really good guess!

2-12, 30 mm tube for me

Would be nice.

While we are at it … let’s have it weight 16 ounces or less.

This sounds more like a Burris Veracity. I had a Tract scope briefly, their largest 4.5-30x 34mm. It was impressive, but heavy as a tank.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: New Tract scopes - 12/16/21
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

Maybe, but they’re small, and can’t afford to cater to everyman’s notions. Wide product lines are spendy to maintain, and if you notice, even the big boys are dumping scopes that no longer sell well. Right now, they seem to be selling stuff that fits the current market and works well; a pretty good strategy. Possibly when supply lines return to normal (!), they can branch out a bit to other niches.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: New Tract scopes - 12/16/21
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Maybe, but they’re small, and can’t afford to cater to everyman’s notions. Wide product lines are spendy to maintain, and if you notice, even the big boys are dumping scopes that no longer sell well. Right now, they seem to be selling stuff that fits the current market and works well; a pretty good strategy. Possibly when supply lines return to normal (!), they can branch out a bit to other niches.

Nailed it, Pappy348
Posted By: Dre Re: New Tract scopes - 12/17/21
Originally Posted by jwp475

Nailed it, Pappy348

Pretty much what John said, He’s making scopes that market demands and long range and extra long range is the hype.
I’m pretty sick of it to be honest. I don’t need small Hubble weighing my rifle down
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: New Tract scopes - 12/22/21
I snagged a Tekoa HD off the black Friday sale. 4-16x44 with the t Plex. Love it so far. May be a little heavy for some folks. But all of us ain't wimps 😂. Doesn't throw balance of my rifle off. And glass is dang good for price. Id not hesitate to buy another
Posted By: Dre Re: New Tract scopes - 12/22/21
lol. Not all who want lighter/smaller scope are whimps.
For me, there is Simply no need for 16x me to carry the extra weight to shoot In my comfort zone.
I can ring 8” plate at 600 yards with my 3-9. But it’s little hard with the thick cross hairs….meant for hunting. Not looking at holes on paper.
With 12 power it much much easier. And the 12 powers is even fine on bigger gongs at 800.
If anything, you and today’s shooters are a bunch of size queens. 😂
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: New Tract scopes - 12/22/21
Originally Posted by Dre
For me, there is Simply no need for 16x me to carry the extra weight to shoot In my comfort zone.
I can ring 8” plate at 600 yards with my 3-9. But it’s little hard with the thick cross hairs….meant for hunting. Not looking at holes on paper.
With 12 power it much much easier. And the 12 powers is even fine on bigger gongs at 800.

I was more comfortable with the investment to snag the 4-16 vs a 1" tube Toric. Yeah I'd have been perfectly fine with a 12x top end. But for the coin I had to spare, the Tekoa was available. I just don't get all upset over a couple extra ounces. Never been a fan of "lightweight" rifles. While they are certainly capable, I don't get along well with them. Balanced weight has never been a problem for me.
Posted By: Dre Re: New Tract scopes - 12/22/21
To each his own brother.
I can go from open country to thick timber In seconds and I need wide field of view. That comes with low power.
Give me 2-12 and carry on
Posted By: ldmay375 Re: New Tract scopes - 12/22/21
How about a simple T-Plex with the same sort of red dot in the middle for hunting? I like a reticle that’s visible in cover both when lit, and when not.

I have a Trijicon Huron HX 1-6 that’s pretty good, but like many the side bars are too far from center. They also make a 1-8, but it’s a 34mm and pretty heavy for hunting.

I agree, with T-Plex and the illumination. And while I am wishing, they could have stopped at 6x.
But, I did pre-order one of these 1-8x24’s. I am planning on putting it on a 223 bolt rifle.

I do really like that T-Plex reticle in the 2-10x42 that I have.
Posted By: LongSpurHunter Re: New Tract scopes - 12/22/21
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
Originally Posted by Dre

I was more comfortable with the investment to snag the 4-16 vs a 1" tube Toric. Yeah I'd have been perfectly fine with a 12x top end. But for the coin I had to spare, the Tekoa was available. I just don't get all upset over a couple extra ounces. Never been a fan of "lightweight" rifles. While they are certainly capable, I don't get along well with them. Balanced weight has never been a problem for me.

Who doesn't want something like that for a Marln 336 or a Browning BL22. Everyone an their f'ing sister are making huge scopes, but you can't find a 4x anywhere.

People with miserable shooting skills typically suck with lightweight rifles.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: New Tract scopes - 12/22/21
Originally Posted by ldmay375

I agree, with T-Plex and the illumination. And while I am wishing, they could have stopped at 6x.
But, I did pre-order one of these 1-8x24’s. I am planning on putting it on a 223 bolt rifle.

I do really like that T-Plex reticle in the 2-10x42 that I have.

Actually, that’s a Credo HX 1-6, not a Huron. By the time Grandpa discovered the error, it was too late to edit. I’m planning to shift that scope to my Mini 14 to see if it can take the whomping that rifle dishes out.
Posted By: leomort Re: New Tract scopes - 12/22/21
I'm probably going to invest in one those high magnification Tract scope for rimfire precision shooting competition. Nice quality glass and I like the lockable turret and zero set feature on the scopes I'm looking at. Plus the eye box was very generous, no scope black out!
Posted By: ldmay375 Re: New Tract scopes - 12/22/21
I have a Credo HX, 1st focal plane, MOA with the segmented circle. They appear to be well made. I had intentions of trying it on a 375 or 416. I think it would still work well. If you don’t mind all the hash marks.
I decided to put it on my son’s shorter barrel 308 bolt rifle. I still have the scope, loose mounted on a 375 Ruger. The more I look through it, the more I like it. I personally prefer the small illuminated dot to the illuminated semi-circular and the + aiming point. Some of that preference is due to a substantial dose of astigmatism. Which I find the less illuminated area, the better for me.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: New Tract scopes - 12/22/21

I have several scopes that have illumination capability, even after legal shooting time I've never found a need for the illumination
Posted By: elkaddict Re: New Tract scopes - 12/23/21
I find the illumination only maters on FFP scopes in dark timber.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: New Tract scopes - 12/23/21
Originally Posted by elkaddict
I find the illumination only maters on FFP scopes in dark timber.

Never mattered on my S&B FFP scopes
© 24hourcampfire