Home
I know opinions are like arse holes. Ten minutes on this site will tell ya that. So here's one for ya.

I sent in a 30+ year old binocular for repair. I had scratched the crap out of a lense. They offered to replace them. So, just last week I received a bx-4 pro guide HD in 10x42. I've been right impressed with them. I don't have any of the big 3 to compare to. I do have a tract toric 8x42.

I think the leupys are brighter to my eyes and maybe sharper. I was up at 1:30 last night and saw some deer in the moonlight backlit by snow about 150 -200 yards across a field. I grabbed both pairs to compare. I could have seen antlers with either pair at 150, but not 200. But I could see a little more detail with the bx-4. Maybe cause of magnification, but I'd think the 8x tracts would have a larger exit pupil. Maybe my eyes aren't good enough to appreciate a larger exit pupil.

All in all the bx-4 is very nice. It seems to have more pop to my eyes. Maybe it's less tunneling or something. It seems field of view is better, though not supposed to be. When I learned they were not able to fix those I sent in, I figured I'd just sell these......well, I'm keeping them. Just one guys opinion fwiw.
I was just the opposite,but on a different grade of glass. I sent in some 10x42 GoldRings to get the sticky focus wheel fixed. They wouldn't repair them, and sent the BX-5 santiams 3 months later as a replacement. They don't quite stack up to the Gold Rings or the Tract torics or the cabelas meoptas. So I sold them here unused......
© 24hourcampfire