Home
Posted By: mibowhunter Spotting scope questions - 03/16/22
Couple years ago I got the bug to get a spotting scope. I asked then about what to get and got some good info. Sadly I never followed through with my purchase.

Fast forward .....

Looking to buy a spotting scope once again. Used mostly here in Michigan on these flat farm fields for looking at woodchucks , deer and a coyote now and then. Will also be set up when shooting steel 300- 800 yards and paper targets @ 200. Set up on a tripod and/or window mount depending on the day.

That said,
What is the best spotter for the money ? Lets say $400 -$800
Also, Which is a better choice for my given info, straight or angled ?

I only have a little experience with Leupold and Swaro both straight eye piece
As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it is our pleasure to assist in discussing different options and opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have a few moments.
I would suggest you look at the:

Athlon Ares - either 15-45x65 or 20-60x85
or
Hawke Endurance ED series

Good morning Doug,

Planned on getting with you after a little homework.

Thanks
I got the Athlon Ares 15-45 from Doug a couple of years ago. I couldn't be happier with the transaction or the spotter.
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
I got the Athlon Ares 15-45 from Doug a couple of years ago. I couldn't be happier with the transaction or the spotter.

Ditto.

FC
Posted By: x2mosg Re: Spotting scope questions - 03/16/22

Same. Bought mine as a "last gen", and at a great deal from Doug. I have zero complaints so far.
I'll take a look, thanks guys.

Going to give one a try.
Just called Doug.

Thanks

Tim
Ordered Monday and got delivered today (Wed) ! Wow, that was fast !
© 24hourcampfire