Home
Posted By: plumbum Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-10x56 - 07/11/22
I have an older Vari-X II 3-9x50 on a Model 70, looking to replace it with modern glass.

Anybody have a Trijicon 2.5-10x56?

I have a 3-9 Accupoint on a different rifle and I like it a lot so far.

Thanks
I don’t have the one you mentioned but I have a few of the Credos now and will be buying more. Excellent glass and dials. Illumination is damned great as well.
I do not own one, but I have been interested in seeing/testing one....the Trijicon 2.5-10x56 has an eye relief range of 2.8-4.1 inches. The 2.8 on 10 power has always concerned me because of the way I position on the stock. Interested in what others have to say.
I have four Trijicons now, including the Credo HX 2-5-10x56. It’s a wonderful thing, but be certain you want to tote that much around before you pop for it. It’s 25oz and sits pretty high. The eye-relief has not been an issue on my Hawkeye .223.

I also have a Credo HX 1-6 on my Howa Mini Grendel. Looking through both is a pleasure. They come very nicely packed with covers and a lens pen. Quality goods for certain.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I have four Trijicons now, including the Credo HX 2-5-10x56. It’s a wonderful thing, but be certain you want to tote that much around before you pop for it. It’s 25oz and sits pretty high. The eye-relief has not been an issue on my Hawkeye .223.

I also have a Credo HX 1-6 on my Howa Mini Grendel. Looking through both is a pleasure. They come very nicely packed with covers and a lens pen. Quality goods for certain.

Agreed. They’re heavy. Way of life nowadays I think for something that is worth a crap.
Trijicon says the TR-22 is 20.7 oz. Not too bad, and it's going on a full-size, wood-stocked Model 70, not exactly a LW rig to begin with.
I have just mounted/zeroed a triji 2.5x10x56 credo hx on a tc icon .308......the rifle is 7.5 lbs w/o optics......

It now has virtually zero felt recoil.......will only have to tote it to the deer stand.
How does it look? Disproportionately huge? Or ok?

Could you post a pic? Thanks!
I cant do pix. The aesthetic of the setup doesn't strike me as being odd......a 56 objective is definitely as big as I will ever use.......would have preferred 50mm. Just hoping to gather as much waning light as possible.

I have 2 scopes now that are 56 mm and each mounted comfortably with medium ht rings......3/32" clearances at the tightest point.

I'm sure some will think the proportions toe the boundary, so far not me.
To each his own,but it’s a tool to accomplish an objective.If that is what’s required,weight and aesthetics shouldn’t be a factor…
Originally Posted by plumbum
How does it look? Disproportionately huge? Or ok?

Could you post a pic? Thanks!

Okay. You owe me a buck ‘cause it's hot….

Hawkeye AW .223 in factory walnut. 9lbs 3.2 oz. Warne rings. Credo HX 2.5-10x56

[Linked Image]
Thanks Pappy!

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]
Nice one!
That’s a Dandy Ruger Pappy.
Thanks. Think I’m gonna shoot it tomorrow. Been a while and I fell into some cheap quality ammo of late that I want to try.

Found that stock in the Classifieds for $150, then sold the Tupperware®️ for $75. Ernie’s trigger spring.

Looks like they’re making some AWs again in a limited range of cartridges. There’s a thread in Hunting Rifles. Pretty spendy though. I paid $600 for mine, from Reed’s IIRC.

https://ammoandarmsstore.com/shop-by-firearm-type/rifles/bolt-action/?_bc_fsnf=1&brand=134
Originally Posted by Bull64
To each his own,but it’s a tool to accomplish an objective.If that is what’s required,weight and aesthetics shouldn’t be a factor…

But they are. If we looked at guns like crescent wrenches, we could probably all get by with a $400 gun/scope combo from walmart.
Originally Posted by BillyE
Originally Posted by Bull64

But they are. If we looked at guns like crescent wrenches, we could probably all get by with a $400 gun/scope combo from walmart.

Well they certainly are for me. Obviously, others feel differently, which is fine. To each his own. And functional doesn’t have to mean heavy or oogly. Excellent examples of this are classic British stalking rifles and game guns (shotguns), among others. I have a good mix of wood and synthetic rifles, shotguns are all wood-stocked. To my taste, they’re all handsome.

And, a reasonable weight is also a part of “function” to me. That Hawkeye is getting close to my limit for a hunting rifle. More weight would accomplish nothing, but a bit less might…..
I have an older Vari-X II 3-9x50 on a Model 70, looking to replace it with modern glass.

If I were going to put something that size on it I'd go for better glass.

https://www.optics-trade.eu/us/schmidt-bender-klassik-2-5-10x56.html

https://www.optics-trade.eu/us/meopta-r1-3-12x56.html
Trust me, the glass in the Trijicon is plenty good enough for a sight.

I do like the reticles available in those Yurrupean scopes.

For general hunting, the Credo HX 4-16x50 actually seems better than the 2.5-10x56. The duplex is better as is the ER (slightly). Weight’s the same. More clicks on tap too.
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

If I were going to put something that size on it I'd go for better glass.

https://www.optics-trade.eu/us/schmidt-bender-klassik-2-5-10x56.html

https://www.optics-trade.eu/us/meopta-r1-3-12x56.html

Those are nice but the S&B is 2.5x the $, and the Meoplta doesn't have a lit reticle I like.
Dupe
Trust me, the glass in the Trijicon is plenty good enough for a sight.

I do like the reticles available in those Yurrupean scopes.

For general hunting, the Credo HX 4-16x50 actually seems better than the 2.5-10x56. The duplex is better as is the ER (slightly). Weight’s the same. More clicks on tap too.

4-16 is nice, but that range usually means adjustable objective, something I don't want to fool with.
Looks to be side focus, though strangely enough, I didn’t see it mentioned in the specs.

Above 10x, I like to be able to focus.
Well I have the AccuPower with an illuminated MOA reticle on a Ruger
American, 6.5CM, that I like a lot. This is the "work" rifle. It is the
2.5-10 x 56 model
Which reticle are you looking for?
If you are asking me, the green mil dot is their reticle I like the most.
Looks to be side focus, though strangely enough, I didn’t see it mentioned in the specs.

Yes, I does appear to be side focus, and I could not find anything on their website saying that either. I thought I must have been missing something.
Had the Hawkeye out this morning. Adjusted it to the Fiocchi Field Dynamics 50gr VMax I picked up last Fall for $30 a box of 50. Went to 200 and put 5 in 1.25”, then banged the plates at 200, 250, and 300 (as far as it goes). That thin center reticle is the schizzle for stuff like that, leaves something to be desired maybe in the bushes. Anyway, good ammo for cheap. Today it’s running $40 a box, still not awful, but I still have eight+ boxes.

That reticle is definitely not daylight bright in the open, but then again it's not overwhelming when it’s really needed either.

I have one with amber triangle I could be talked into selling
Originally Posted by beretzs
I don’t have the one you mentioned but I have a few of the Credos now and will be buying more. Excellent glass and dials. Illumination is damned great as well.
What reticle do you like on the Credos?
Yeah although that 3-9 accupoint is nice and light. I just got a Steiner H4xi 3-12x56 with illumination and I’m loving it so far, comes in at 25 oz.
Originally Posted by scottishkat

I have one with amber triangle I could be talked into selling

Thanks for the offer but I am only interested in green dot crosshairs.
© 24hourcampfire