Home
Posted By: Paul4 B&H photo - 07/30/22
Anyone done business with them? How was your experience? They seem to have the best price on a scope I’m interested in which is a special order item and before I commit wanted to get some feedback. Unfortunately Camera Land doesn’t carry the manufacturer.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: B&H photo - 07/30/22
I bought cameras from them years ago. They were always goid to deal with.
Posted By: WMR Re: B&H photo - 07/30/22
I bought a spotting scope from them 2 years ago for a price no one else could match. No problems.
Posted By: Biebs Re: B&H photo - 07/30/22
They're Hasidics, if that matters to you.
Posted By: skeen Re: B&H photo - 07/30/22
I've bought from them before, no problems. Usually good prices and fast shipping, if I recall.
Posted By: EdKin Re: B&H photo - 07/31/22
I’ve bought from them no problems
Posted By: BobbyTomek Re: B&H photo - 07/31/22
I've used them a number of times, dating back to before the days of the internet. I've never had an issue and have always been pleased.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: B&H photo - 07/31/22
Originally Posted by Biebs
Only matters on the days when I want something fast and they are closed.

They are very well respected within the photography world. Top-notch and zero issues.
Posted By: Tsavo Re: B&H photo - 07/31/22
I purchased a Manfrotto carbon fiber tripod from them a few years ago. Smooth transaction with quick shipping and excellent communication. Wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them again.
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: B&H photo - 07/31/22
I've dealt with them a couple of times, no issues at all.

But now I'd check with Camera Land NY first.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: B&H photo - 07/31/22
Purchased a pair of meopta binoculars from them years ago........no problems.......
Posted By: Paul4 Re: B&H photo - 07/31/22
Thanks for all of the feedback. Sounds like they are good to go and I’m much more comfortable now. Appreciate y’all.

I’m ordering a minox zp5 and camera land doesn’t sell minox. I wish they would add minox and trijicon to their product list.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: B&H photo - 07/31/22
Have you checked europtics out? If I get a hankering for something cameraland doesnt offer, europtics is the next stop......
This seems to have happened a lot lately.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: B&H photo - 07/31/22
I haven't done a lot of business with them, but it's always been satisfactory. Just ordered another small tripod to make a set. Should arrive tomorrow.
Posted By: CopperSolid Re: B&H photo - 07/31/22
I' ve bought camera lenses, scopes and networking switches from them. Good prices and zero issues.
Posted By: MallardAddict Re: B&H photo - 07/31/22
The ZP5 that BHphoto has for sale is the TLHR reticle which is generally not well received due too much going on. It’s a big tactical 5-25x56 Ffp scope set up to dial and shoot long ranges yet the reticle was designed for 500 yds and in hunting and various other “features” that imho are not very well executed and cause more hassle then they are worth.

I much prefer the MR4 reticle in my ZP5 but I use it for hunting and steel, on a strictly hunting rifle I would opt the MR5 reticle.

If your curious about the TLRH reticle here is a decent comparison to a cheaper minox but the writer explains the reticle and it’s concessions well.

https://www.snipershide.com/precisi...-25x56-rifle-scope-and-the-thlr-reticle/
Posted By: Huntz Re: B&H photo - 07/31/22
Bought a bunch of Trail Cams from them.No problems and easy transactions.On the other hand you can`t go by the listed prices at Camera Land.They are always ready to deal!!
Posted By: Paul4 Re: B&H photo - 07/31/22
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
The ZP5 that BHphoto has for sale is the TLHR reticle which is generally not well received due too much going on. It’s a big tactical 5-25x56 Ffp scope set up to dial and shoot long ranges yet the reticle was designed for 500 yds and in hunting cobbled and various other “features” that imho are not very well executed and cause more hassle then they are worth.

I much prefer the MR4 reticle in my ZP5 but I use it for hunting and steel, on a strictly hunting rifle I would opt the MR5 reticle.

If your curious about the TLRH reticle here is a decent comparison to a cheaper minox but the writes explains the reticle and it’s concessions well.

I’m looking specifically for the thlr reticle. I’ve been researching it for a while and it seems pretty polar, either love it or hate it. I wish I could play with it a while before buying but that’s not possible so I’m just going to have to take a chance on it.

I do wish it was more in the 4-16 range and 50mm but I really want to try this reticle and it’s the only scope offered with it.
Posted By: FTR_Shooter Re: B&H photo - 08/01/22
I have been buying from BHphotovideo for decades. The only time I've had an issue is when I bought a mini-tripod and FedEx said they had delivered the item. I never saw the item, and no, I've never had somethign stolen from the front porch. And I have several cameras recording such things. I contacted BH and they sent me a form to fill out and shipped a replacement the next day. Great people to deal with.

In the days prior to the internet and even several years into it, they used to send me their catalog every year (about the size of a phone book for Houston, for those over 30 years old.) It was fun to peruse and see what's what. About 15 years ago, they would send out more focused catalogs, depending on what you were buying from them. Then the catalogs stopped coming. That's a good thing because each copy represented the equivalent of a copse of trees. That's a thicket for the Brits here, and a sticky one at that.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: B&H photo - 08/01/22

Maybe but they have the best smoked and cured ham and their prices for lobster and king crab are the cheapest around. 😁
Posted By: prose Re: B&H photo - 08/01/22
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Only matters on the days when I want something fast and they are closed.

They are very well respected within the photography world. Top-notch and zero issues.

AK Wolverine, that was a classy response to a really classless statement by Biebs.
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Re: B&H photo - 08/01/22
B&H has been a quality establishment for many many years. If we do not carry it, and Scott over at Liberty Optics doesn't carry it (Scott is your go to if you're looking for Vortex), then B&H should be your next stop for sure.
Posted By: Santiam Re: B&H photo - 08/01/22
I get offers from B&H all the time...Buy this and get free expediated shipping, until I go to checkout and they charge me a lot to ship to a PO Box.. Screw em.. I don't mind paying for shipping if they are upfront about it ,but to offer it and slip it in at the last-minute rubs me the wrong way..
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: B&H photo - 08/01/22
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
The ZP5 that BHphoto has for sale is the TLHR reticle which is generally not well received due too much going on. It’s a big tactical 5-25x56 Ffp scope set up to dial and shoot long ranges yet the reticle was designed for 500 yds and in hunting and various other “features” that imho are not very well executed and cause more hassle then they are worth.

If your curious about the TLRH reticle here is a decent comparison to a cheaper minox but the writer explains the reticle and it’s concessions well.

I have played with quite a bit of the Minox line, scopes, bins, spotters, etc... while they have really good glass and are very well made, the lens coatings have proven to be quite soft. If you like using a tee-shirt to clean lenses you might want to reconsider the practice.

B&H is good to deal with...
Posted By: bowmanh Re: B&H photo - 08/01/22
I've bought things from B&H a number of times and have had good service and zero problems.
Posted By: EIB0879 Re: B&H photo - 08/04/22
I bought some binos from them a few years back and they were GTG.
© 24hourcampfire