Home
Posted By: kandpand Most eye relief - 08/09/22
Which standard rifle scope has the most eye relief?
By standard, I mean not a scout scope or long eye relief scope.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Most eye relief - 08/09/22
What is a standard scope?
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Most eye relief - 08/09/22
A "scout" scope.
Posted By: kandpand Re: Most eye relief - 08/09/22
Originally Posted by Ringman
What is a standard scope?

I edited my post.

I am looking for a 1” scope with at least 4” or more of eye relief.
Posted By: DBrink Re: Most eye relief - 08/09/22
JMO, but some of the longest eye reliefs I have seen was in the original Burris minis and compacts. I have even seen instances where it is enough to be a little disconcerting. On newer scopes I think your best shot is on a fixed power.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Most eye relief - 08/09/22
The Leupold 2.5x has 4.9" of eye relief.
Posted By: Overkill45 Re: Most eye relief - 08/09/22
Bushnell offers at least 1 cheaper Banner with a 5" relief. The new Elite 4500 4X is listed as 4.3" The old Nikon inline ML scopes were also 5". There are quite a few newer scopes with right around 4".

30mm tube though on the new Elite.
https://www.bushnell.com/riflescope...40-riflescope-multi-x/BU-REL2104BS3.html
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Most eye relief - 08/09/22
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Nice to see you back!
Always appreciate your input.
Posted By: 3dtestify Re: Most eye relief - 08/09/22
^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Most eye relief - 08/09/22
It would have to be a Leupold or a Bushnell 4500 product.
Posted By: TX35W Re: Most eye relief - 08/09/22

The discontinued vx-3 1.75-6 seems to have the second most after the 2.5x fixed. You can usually find one on fleabay.
Posted By: CopperSolid Re: Most eye relief - 08/09/22
BUSHNELL BANNER 2 3-9X40 EXTENDED EYE RELIEF

https://www.bushnell.com/riflescope...e-extended-eye-relief/BU-RB6394BS11.html
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Most eye relief - 08/10/22
The discontinued Hawke Endurance LERs have 4.5”. Decent scopes, but Chinese, though I doubt you’d go to Hell for buying a used one or NOS.

I still have a 2-7 thats a spare. Has worked well on .22s, and has an illuminated floating reticle. $100 would be fair for a good one.

Keep in mind that everything is “connected”. A long ER may result in compromising another spec, like FOV.
Posted By: Huncho Re: Most eye relief - 08/10/22
I think 3.7 inches is pretty good for eye relief. Some may have recommendations on scopes with longer eye relief but seems like most scopes at max magnification tend to be in the 3.5 to 3.8 inch range. If 3.7 isn't enough I think you may have a hard time finding something with significantly more unless you buy something with way more magnification than you need and back it down. Assuming your shooting technique isn't the culprit, maybe consider putting a brake on the rifle too.
Posted By: Overkill45 Re: Most eye relief - 08/10/22
Pretty much all the cheaper Leupolds are claimed to be 3.7" on high to 4.2" on low. Been that way for ages. Most of the newer 3HD line are like 3.6-4.4"
Posted By: 25aught6 Re: Most eye relief - 08/12/22
I'm a big fan of ER but mounted in a standard setup I know my problem tends to be not enough LOP in the stock. Something to consider also. If the stock don't fit, You could get your eye bit:)

YMMV
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Most eye relief - 08/13/22
Burris made a muzzleloader scope that was 5"
Posted By: FSJeeper Re: Most eye relief - 08/13/22
I have a Leupold 2.5 and can attest to its long eye relief and, for my needs, much more than needed. I have a SWARO 1x6x24 EE model with 3.75" of eye relief, and that seems more than enough on a custom 3.75 Ruger rifle that has a bit of kick.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Most eye relief - 09/01/22

And, astonishingly enough, you can kill big game with one far beyond 100 yards....
Posted By: Puddle Re: Most eye relief - 09/01/22
The 2.5x FX has worked so well for me on the 9.3 I'm considering spending the $$ for detachable mounts so I can move it between the 9.3 and the #1 400 Jeffery...
Posted By: mathman Re: Most eye relief - 09/01/22
How expensive are the mounts you're considering? It may be a better overall value to buy another 2.5x.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Most eye relief - 09/01/22
Loopy FX-II 6x42 is 4.4"
6x36 is 4.3"
Posted By: Puddle Re: Most eye relief - 09/01/22
Originally Posted by mathman
How expensive are the mounts you're considering? It may be a better overall value to buy another 2.5x.

Good question.

Just ballparking it - detachable ring sets from Talley & Alaska Arms for Rugers will likely be $150 - $200. Another Gold Ring FXII 2.5x20mm delivered is likely a bit over $300.

Assuming, of course that Leupold doesn't quit making 'em ....
Posted By: KineticPerformance Re: Most eye relief - 09/02/22
Originally Posted by FSJeeper
I have a SWARO 1x6x24 EE model with 3.75" of eye relief, and that seems more than enough on a custom 3.75 Ruger rifle that has a bit of kick.

I've got the Swaro as well and I'm pretty sure it's 4.75" of eye relief. There is no better scope for big FOV and long eye relief. They are perfect for a DGR or burn it down carbine.
© 24hourcampfire