Home
Posted By: JDK Tikka Rings - 08/09/22
Back at the beginning of May, I ordered Sportsmatch rings for my Tikka. They are backordered and I'm now reading that the company owner is retiring. I contacted Airguns of Arizona to see if there is any future date when these may come in and the very short one line response was "No arrival expectation date." While I'm not in a huge rush, I figure I better have plan B in place but I'm unsure what plan B is.

What I have read about Talley has been mixed. Burris seems to be good. I don't want a rail.

Any help with Plan B is appreciated.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Tikka Rings - 08/09/22
What about sako optilock?

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/gun-a...-bases/sako-ringmounts-30mm-blued-steel/

https://www.eurooptic.com/sako-optilock-ringmounts-blue-30mm-x-low-75-85-s1701904.aspx

I am currently using Warne rings that mount to the dovetail. I have heard that vertical rings are bad for scopes, but so far my lrhs2 and swfa 3-9x42 have lived..
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Tikka Rings - 08/09/22
Have you looked at DNZ ?

https://www.dnzproducts.com/product/game-reaper-2/
Posted By: JDK Re: Tikka Rings - 08/09/22
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

I did and think they are on the short list for Plan B. Thank you.
Posted By: JDK Re: Tikka Rings - 08/09/22
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Completely missed DNZ. Thank you.
Posted By: aboltfan Re: Tikka Rings - 08/09/22
I've used the rings that came with the T3 on seven rifles with complete success. The only change I make to them is that I replace the factory screw rings with new screws from the hardware store. I also use a screw from my scope rings screw kit to make a stop for the rear ring.

I've had no issues or scope slippage with them. These were ideas picked up from other members and they have worked.
Posted By: Starbuck Re: Tikka Rings - 08/09/22
https://www.tawnadoairguns.com/

Try these guys. Have used them for years. Never had a bad experience.

Just ordered a set from them not too long ago and they arrived quick, especially considering that they shipped from the UK.

The Sportsmatch rings are much better than the rings that Tikka used to include.
Posted By: Bogtrotter Re: Tikka Rings - 08/09/22
I use DNZ on mine, great rings!
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Tikka Rings - 08/10/22
Use Talley's on half a dozen Tikkas without issue.
Posted By: Dre Re: Tikka Rings - 08/10/22
Dnz or Talley’s on my tikkas..
I have had Talley’s crack but it was on my sauer 9.3, called them up and had new ones before I knew it.
Posted By: Oakster Re: Tikka Rings - 08/10/22
I run Talley on all of mine. No problems.
Posted By: Alex38 Re: Tikka Rings - 08/10/22
I have Warne rings on all 3 of my Tikkas. No problems at all. I’d use them again.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Tikka Rings - 08/10/22
I use Talley light weights or Warne rings on my 7 Tikka centerfire rifles. No issues with either.
Posted By: Mackay_Sagebrush Re: Tikka Rings - 08/10/22
Originally Posted by aboltfan
I've used the rings that came with the T3 on seven rifles with complete success. The only change I make to them is that I replace the factory screw rings with new screws from the hardware store. I also use a screw from my scope rings screw kit to make a stop for the rear ring.

I've had no issues or scope slippage with them. These were ideas picked up from other members and they have worked.

This.

I have used the factory rings a number of times, only replacing the ring screws with hardened steel screws instead of the soft aluminum Tikka factory screws. A small amount of medium loctite or clear fingernail polish hardener on the threads and torque them evenly using an inch pound torque wrench and you are not likely to ever have an issue.
Posted By: extremesolo Re: Tikka Rings - 08/10/22
I have used Warne rings on my Tikkas. They are a perfect fit to the factory dovetail and they are built solidly. The Talleys may be a little lighter if you are looking to shave as much weight as possible though.
Posted By: drover Re: Tikka Rings - 08/10/22
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by aboltfan

This.

I have used the factory rings a number of times, only replacing the ring screws with hardened steel screws instead of the soft aluminum Tikka factory screws. A small amount of medium loctite or clear fingernail polish hardener on the threads and torque them evenly using an inch pound torque wrench and you are not likely to ever have an issue.

Same experience here

drover
Posted By: JENKINS9 Re: Tikka Rings - 08/10/22
I used leupold std standard bases and rings on my t3x in 300 win.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Tikka Rings - 08/10/22
Originally Posted by JDK
Back at the beginning of May, I ordered Sportsmatch rings for my Tikka. They are backordered and I'm now reading that the company owner is retiring. I contacted Airguns of Arizona to see if there is any future date when these may come in and the very short one line response was "No arrival expectation date." While I'm not in a huge rush, I figure I better have plan B in place but I'm unsure what plan B is.

What I have read about Talley has been mixed. Burris seems to be good. I don't want a rail.

Any help with Plan B is appreciated.

Many good threads, with pictures, on the subject. Google fu may help? Side note: I run DD's and weavers on mine.. So many options out there that work, some clamp on and others screw on in the traditional manner.. Your choice and the sky is really the limit.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Tikka Rings - 08/28/22
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Use Talley's on half a dozen Tikkas without issue.
Originally Posted by Oakster
I run Talley on all of mine. No problems.

6 sets of Talleys for me, 4 for my brother, all milled. No issues but some of them are only a decade or so old.

P
Posted By: whitearrow Re: Tikka Rings - 08/29/22
i prefer burris signature zee rings on a 1 piece warne weaver base personally.
Big Ed
Posted By: Northman Re: Tikka Rings - 08/29/22
If it has a rail on it... you clamp your rings on it.

Dont screw another rail on and then clamp the rings..

Sportsmatch for utilitarian..
Tikka Ringmounts for prettier looking.. (though 3 times more expensive)
© 24hourcampfire