Home
Posted By: ldholton China glass - 10/01/22
That's really sturing s*** and give some people a heart attack. What's the best China glass scope out there.

Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: China glass - 10/01/22
PUI?
Posted By: Theoldpinecricker Re: China glass - 10/01/22
Zeiss
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: China glass - 10/01/22
Probably not many optics out there that don’t have a little rice in them, glass, springs, coating ingredients. Hawke is a British company that has its stuff built in the PRC. They have some decent stuff, but all I had were a little spongy in the clicks. The 8x56 was pretty nice actually. All were discontinued models bought on clearance, and only a 2-7 is left, sitting on the shelf for now. Burris, Trijicon, SWFA, and Tract are what I look at now, different rice with better clicks.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: China glass - 10/02/22
Ask Doug
Posted By: Overkill45 Re: China glass - 10/02/22
Originally Posted by ldholton
That's really sturing s*** and give some people a heart attack. What's the best China glass scope out there.

Chinese glass or Chinese assembled??...... because tons of companies use lenses made in China. Assembled i would say Athlon and Arken. The problem is, for about the same price as a Midas Tac you can have a SWFA SS. Even less when on sale. Hard to imagine spending $600 on a Midas Tac when you can have a SWFA SS 3-15x42 for the same price or less. They should have sales coming soon.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: China glass - 10/02/22
Athlon is pretty good Chinachit, besides possibly one version MIJ, iirc. LOL

Maybe GPO! If you are going to sleeze, may as well sleeze to the max?

Burris! Continuing the great American Fullfield tradition with the Made in China FF4 etc .... Diickheads. LOL

Primary Arms has good China...

Don't forget the electro-optics. Holosun, Sig, Bushnell, Vortex, Swampfox, TruGlo etc etc etc etc....

Freedom of choice....
Posted By: ldholton Re: China glass - 10/02/22
A lot of vortex fans would be highly disappointed if they if their homework....
Posted By: Darryle Re: China glass - 10/02/22
Why buy anything from that God forsaken chithole, especially when it comes to our sport.
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: China glass - 10/02/22
I try to avoid China for political and ethical reasons not because they can’t make quality products when that’s what is specked out. I have a few Chinese red dots. My sole Chinese Scope is an Athlon Midas that was on Closeout for a couldn’t beat price and has excellent glass for the money.
Posted By: Overkill45 Re: China glass - 10/02/22
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I try to avoid China for political and ethical reasons not because they can’t make quality products when that’s what is specked out. I have a few Chinese red dots. My sole Chinese Scope is an Athlon Midas that was on Closeout for a couldn’t beat price and has excellent glass for the money.

The Athlon Midas Tac 4-16x44 is a nice scope but not a $600+ nice scope. You can almost get a Trijicon Credo for that kinda money. When you could get a Midas Tac for $450 or less they were very competitively priced. Not much would touch them. The new Gen2 Arken will and for less than $300. Its just a pig of a scope.

https://www.arkenopticsusa.com/sh4-gen2-4-16x50mm-ffp-mil-vpr

Posted By: UncleAlps Re: China glass - 10/03/22
Arken = Chinese?
Posted By: ldholton Re: China glass - 10/03/22
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Arken = Chinese?
Yes
Posted By: Phil11 Re: China glass - 10/03/22
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I try to avoid China for political and ethical reasons ....

Agree
Posted By: Fotis Re: China glass - 10/03/22

For me Athlon has worked flawlessly.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: China glass - 10/03/22
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Zeiss

I was skimming this thread and saw this and actually laughed out loud.
Posted By: ldholton Re: China glass - 10/03/22
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Zeiss

I was skimming this thread and saw this and actually laughed out loud.
Notice that the other day too just shook my head not even going to try..
Posted By: UncleAlps Re: China glass - 10/04/22
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Arken = Chinese?
Yes

Fuggem
© 24hourcampfire