Home
Posted By: Dbender Opinion on maven riflescopes - 10/30/22
For those that have used one,how does a Maven Crs riflescope compare to a vari-x3? Particularly low light performance.
I don’t own one but would seriously consider one for my next scope, the only thing I don’t care for is the wire reticle.
This is from Maven's website. They may know how to build a scope, but they have no idea what the hell MIL-SPEC is.

We use premium Japanese components for S, B, and RS Series optics. The S Series and B Series are assembled in a military standard (MIL-SPEC) facility in San Diego, and are then shipped to our headquarters in Lander, Wyoming where we inspect and test for quality assurance. The RS Series is assembled in Japan, and the C Series are assembled in the Philippines. Once assembled, they are shipped to our headquarters where each batch is sample-tested for quality assurance.
You should stay away Paul. The maven rs2 has a shorter eye relief than your ss 1-4.
laugh
Sadly, sounds luke the rs one is the better choice hence thw steep price tag. Wish they were all assembled at the same place.
Posted By: micky Re: Opinion on maven riflescopes - 10/31/22
Who the hell does assembly in California and QC in Wyoming? Maybe assembly means dropping a scope in the box for shipping.
I purchased a CRS 1 (3x12) about 6 months ago and mounted it on a new 7mm08.I have been pretty loyal to Leupold and have several VX 3s.I will buy another Maven in a heartbeat.I have nothing negative to say about this particular scope and love the reticle.Very impressed and very good people.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Opinion on maven riflescopes - 11/03/22
Well for one thing they track very nicely I have a few of them I love them
Originally Posted by CRAGGAR
I purchased a CRS 1 (3x12) about 6 months ago and mounted it on a new 7mm08.I have been pretty loyal to Leupold and have several VX 3s.I will buy another Maven in a heartbeat.I have nothing negative to say about this particular scope and love the reticle.Very impressed and very good people.

The eye relief/eye box of the Mavens I've looked through, including the 3-12, was barely adequate and a long ways from any Leupold I've ever owned. As far as eye relief they are in about the same class as a Burris FFII. I wouldn't want to be shooting a 338WM with that short of eye relief.

I very much like their BDC reticle though.
© 24hourcampfire