Home
..earlier than I remember

https://www.swfa.com/blackfriday2022
The SWFA SS 6x42 is already on back order.
Originally Posted by jc189
The SWFA SS 6x42 is already on back order.
The mil-quad version? I think that's been on back order for a while.
The mil is on back order. The MOA 6x is in stock.
I just tried to buy a 6x MOA. They say its on back order as well.

(SWFA SS 6x42 Rifle Scope MOA/MOA - Black Friday Kit - LOW
$219.95
REMOVE
WE DON'T HAVE AS MANY QUANTITY AS YOU REQUESTED, BUT WE'LL BACK ORDER THE REMAINING 1.)

I only put 1 in my cart and it still says BACK ORDER.
Thanks for the heads up.
Has anyone ordered a 3-9×42 in the past year or so? I am curious of the lead time.
Originally Posted by DropTyne
Has anyone ordered a 3-9×42 in the past year or so? I am curious of the lead time.

I ordered one during the 4th of July sale. Received all the other stuff in the order but the 3-9 is still on backorder.
Bummer!

Thanks
Thanks for the heads up. I decided to give their 1-4 AR scope a try.
The 6 x 42 MOA is in stock. You have to call them to order. Something is wrong with their website.
3-15x42 for @450 is a great deal.....
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Let me know what you think about it when you get it. I really like the reticle and light control. It's a bit fussy to get behind with WAY less eye relief than advertised. Mine was 16.1 ounces rather than the 14.1 ounces. That's obviously not a huge deal, but it does make me wonder why they don't list the correct spec. Optical quality is fine.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Let me know what you think about it when you get it. I really like the reticle and light control. It's a bit fussy to get behind with WAY less eye relief than advertised. Mine was 16.1 ounces rather than the 14.1 ounces. That's obviously not a huge deal, but it does make me wonder why they don't list the correct spec. Optical quality is fine.

Will do Paul. I have been silently and slowly bleeding from the comfort of my recliner thanks to the various links posted here and I believe you are partly responsible. 😁

I’ve heard so many good things about SWFA but just didn’t have a need or desire for most of their stuff but another low powered AR optic is always useful.

I paid a few bucks extra for 2 day shipping so I would expect it Thursday.
They are VERY "tricky" to use. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
Nice buck. Love the mahogany colored headgear. 👍
‘Stick…..Are you using rangefinding binos exclusively? I’m thinking that the technology, quality and prices are starting to line up for RF/Bino combination to become a good compromise.

Without me looking back what is your preferred RF/bino?

Thanks
Sig Kilo6's BRF's 8x32's for THE win. They've been chewing up Geovids and spitting them out. Hint.................
Assuming item is in stock, how long, ballpark, does it take to get delivery in the lower 48? I want to order one of the 1x4 for an AR. Going to be away for a week soon and would like to time the order so it doesn't sit on the porch for a few days.
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Sig Kilo6's BRF's 8x32's for THE win. They've been chewing up Geovids and spitting them out. Hint.................

Thanks. I couldn’t remember what ones you liked. 👍
Is that 1-4 SWFA LPVO with the sale price to throw on a budget AR? I have a FrankenRifle in 7.62x39 tgst needs some glass.
I hear good thangs. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............
Stick what height rings on your AR,s and 1x4?
I'm always in Extry High Mode. That whether SWFA's proper or 'Horn Rings. The Illuminatti's adjustment is soooooooo fhuqking huge however,(60+ Mil's elevation)that inclination isn't a requisite and I seldom 'Horn same. Hint.

I rather like The Little Bitches on boltguns too. That being said,all of mine are pinned to 4x with cat tail's removed,so the SFP reticle jives their erector and they become a straight 4x for me. Hint.

Pard killed a Meat Buck the other afternoon,with my 45LC wearing same. Fhuqking parcel is WICKED and a riot to shoot. Hint.

They just work and well. Hint...............
Question for Stick. I get your comments on the scopes in the pic, although I happen to like the very low "x" factor variability option - our shots in Northern New England are either point blank or 2-300 yards, with not a whole lot in between so the variability is nice. Can you detail a bit about those lever guns?
Thanks
I don't feel like searching....which BC lenses cap kit goes with the 1-4?
Point blank is a function of rifle fit and proficiency. 300yds and beyond is a function of proficiency. Hint.

Your preferences are your's,but less is more and FiddleFhuqking never helps an equation,when dealing hasty results. A "FFP" 4x with a Skookum reticle,that happens to be lit,greases alotta skids,less concession(s). Them "odds" are tough to whoop. Hint.

On Marlin '94's I like RPP 1913 rails,to bolster ring spacing and they take a lick. The 45LC and 357Mag pictured,are one's I slicked up literally and internally. No big mechanical changes(RPP safety bypass and mag followers),just mainly Smoothtitude. Hint.

Tough to beat a BLR 7-08 with .670 BC 162's at nearly 2600fps from a 20",steered with a 6x MQ. It blows fhuqking minds at 1000yds and beyond,less even touching turret. It's SuperSonic in this morning's atmosphere to 1200yds. Hint.

There's been a pretty good run on 6x MQ's for "some" reason,however. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Ooooops...16 eye and 02A objectives for Illuminatti's...............
SWFA finally has USPS shipping options 1/3 the cost of the old UPS to Alaska thanks
Odd...I've never NOT had SWFA ship USPS Priority to me. I just peeked and can only go back (27) individual orders. Hint..............
Stick, any opinions/experience on this scope? I like plain plex reticles and might be a good close range woods scope.

https://www.swfa.com/swfa-2-5-10x32-ss-ultralight-riflescope-184068.html
SFP,schit reticles and Goat Fhuqk eye-relief...ain't my jam. It helped you a LOT,that they are out of stock. Hint.

Pass the Illuminatti's,pin,win and hold The Fluff. Hint.

Just sayin'.............
SFP,schit reticles and Goat Fhuqk eye-relief...ain't my jam. It helped you a LOT,that they are out of stock. Hint.

Just sayin'.............

I'm Ruger Ring ignorant. What rings are those? 1-4 on the way to go on a 77/357 and I need some 30mm rings that set as low as possible. Thanks!
The big "L" on the top cap,stands for Reupold. Hint..............(grin)
I see...said the blind man...

Just sayin'.............

Thanks. That eye relief is short, indeed.
I missed it but what are the hose washers for?
Zero stop
They work but it’s a shame they can’t just add a zero to the scope. The scopes actually work so they are leaps and bounds ahead of some.
I missed it but what are the hose washers for?
As Kaleb said...
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10642312/swfa-ss-zero-stops
If you fellas can score any of the HD 1-6x’s don’t wait. Grab them. Demo, new, on sale, etc. I was told about them a few years ago and if you can beat BS to the demos they’re darn good.
swfa question :

SWFA 20x42 vs 16x42 ?
Originally Posted by persiandog
swfa question :

SWFA 20x42 vs 16x42 ?

No one wants either except for some certain rimfire applications and even then it’s the 16. Long way of saying both probably suck for how you want to use them. The 3-15x42 is a good one and on sale too.
swfa question :

SWFA 20x42 vs 16x42 ?

For punching paper at 50yds with .22’s or 100yds with centerfires, it would be a 16x over a 20x every day of the week. I have a 20x on a 1407R, but I just haven’t taken it off yet.
swfa question :

SWFA 20x42 vs 16x42 ?

Between those two the answer is 10x

Paul,

It’s a great little scope, have one on an AR. And it’s not like you’ll be spending thousands. Just buy one. Or two. Pull the trigger.
Originally Posted by Akbob5

Paul,

It’s a great little scope, have one on an AR. And it’s not like you’ll be spending thousands. Just buy one. Or two. Pull the trigger.

I bought one and wish I hadn't. The eye relief is unacceptably short and it's awkward to get behind. The Bushnell 1-6X24 that I got on sale for $119 to replace it is much nicer out of the box. Good eye relief, easy to get behind and a little bit sharper. I prefer the reticle on the SWFA. Bushnell is honest about their weight and eye relief specs too.
To those that have the fixed 6x42, what do you consider is the maximum distance that you’re comfortable taking a shot at a whitetail? I wouldn’t mind trying the 6x42 on my Savage 260. The longest shot I’d have where I hunt would be
300 yards +/-.
I was just shooting 6” plates at 200 with mine the other day; deer at 300 shouldn’t be an issue.
When you backorder, do they charge at that time or when it ships?
The last one I back ordered was charged when it shipped.
Thx
swfa question :

SWFA 20x42 vs 16x42 ?
I have a 20x on my .260 . I use it for my main sitting rifle on the prairie . I have taken one hog, a bunch of antelope and deer with it. Where I use it the shots are from 200yds out to whatever you feel comfortable with. never had an issue with the scope. this sale has me interested in another one, mostly because mine is older and has mil reticle and moa adjustments.
Have a 20x MQ. Small box, critical eye relief. But so are many high-mag target scopes. Mine gets moved around, cuz it's used for load development. Friend has a 16x MQ on a 7mmRM, has no trouble killing deer with it. For hunting, or just killing, stuff think the 6x and 10x are better.

Paul,

I bought one and wish I hadn't. The eye relief is unacceptably short and it's awkward to get behind. The Bushnell 1-6X24 that I got on sale for $119 to replace it is much nicer out of the box. Good eye relief, easy to get behind and a little bit sharper. I prefer the reticle on the SWFA. Bushnell is honest about their weight and eye relief specs too.

I bought that Bushnell and mine was just terrible
It literally fell apart I don’t think that is typical it was just the one I got

Hank
It’s funny It seems like every other year I buy one of the straight powers I get it and think man this thing is so big and sell it off

The current price of 219 for the package is that same more or less than that have been in the past? Weren’t they 249 previously?

Hank
Hmmm...lemme see here. Illuminatti eye relief,is both forgiving and FAST. Hint.

The Soft Stop is due to the fact,the Fixed Fhuqkers have sooooooo much erector travel,that it fhuqks folks up. Especially for Rimfire Pursuits,where it's ALL about erector travel and a GOOD reticle. I'm not truly happy,unless I have 40 Mil's or better erector available,plus the 10 Mil's on the reticle. The Soft Stop,keeps folks from getting lost. Hint.

I hear good thangs,about 1-6x MQ HD Lit Bitches. Hint.

Fixed Fhuqker relative magnitude,is in descending magnification. Nothing sucks more ass than the 20X and only the 20X sucks more than the 16x. Hint.

Handicapped folks,wear helmets for GOOD reasons and scopes are "tricky" for them. Hint.

I shoot sub 1.5 MOA steel at 900yds daily,when home and never not without a 6x MQ in tow. X's hurt,more than they "help". Had lotsa folks ringing 1600yd steel,with a 6x MQ and they never "knew" they couldn't do it,until after it'd done been did. OEM Remmy 7mm RemMag LR squirtin' 180's. Hint.

The Bicycle Bushie is fhuqking HILARIOUS. Hint.

Just sayin'................
Originally Posted by Houser52
To those that have the fixed 6x42, what do you consider is the maximum distance that you’re comfortable taking a shot at a whitetail? I wouldn’t mind trying the 6x42 on my Savage 260. The longest shot I’d have where I hunt would be
300 yards +/-.

I have one on a Tikka 7mm08 and I worked over a 12x12” square and a 12x16” piece of ar500 pretty good from 800yds this summer. I wont be taking an 800yd shot on a deer but it’s not because the 6x wont handle it. I wouldn’t sweat 300yds at all.
Thanks for the replies. Looks like the SS 6x42 are out of stock at the moment.
Assuming you're talking about the MQ, except for a brief window in October they've been backordered for a long time. Two years?
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Assuming you're talking about the MQ, except for a brief window in October they've been backordered for a long time. Two years?

I was looking at the MOA Q. I think they were in stock just yesterday and maybe this morning but I didn’t order.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

I was looking at the MOA Q. I think they were in stock just yesterday and maybe this morning but I didn’t order.

The Mil-Quad reticle is way better than the MOA reticle. MOA version is too fine in the center and busier than the Mil-Quad.
Thanks for the info rickt. I’ve never looked through one so I wasn’t sure how busy they were.
I am thinking of buying 3 of the 10x SS for christmas presents for friends. Which reticle is the easiest to learn and use for newbies? MOA or Mil-Dot?

Paul,

Well, try to help you out and you turn into a [bleep] drama queen.
Originally Posted by lee440
I am thinking of buying 3 of the 10x SS for christmas presents for friends. Which reticle is the easiest to learn and use for newbies? MOA or Mil-Dot?
MQ
Mil Dot.
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by lee440
MQ

MQ
Hmmm...lemme see here. Illuminatti eye relief,is both forgiving and FAST. Hint.

Fixed Fhuqker relative magnitude,is in descending magnification. Nothing sucks more ass than the 20X and only the 20X sucks more than the 16x. Hint.

Handicapped folks,wear helmets for GOOD reasons and scopes are "tricky" for them. Hint.

I shoot sub 1.5 MOA steel at 900yds daily,when home and never not without a 6x MQ in tow. X's hurt,more than they "help". Had lotsa folks ringing 1600yd steel,with a 6x MQ and they never "knew" they couldn't do it,until after it'd done been did. OEM Remmy 7mm RemMag LR squirtin' 180's. Hint.

Just sayin'................

Never having shot more than 200 yds at paper, I was truly surprised the first time I had the chance to shoot steel at 900 yds, Montana 223, 6X MQ and 75 Amax's, the first holding with the wind and a solid miss LOL, the next 9 in 9".

Despite what I was told, tried that 16X MQ and hated it.
It's an interesting Mind Fhuqk to turn someone loose with a Skookum Rifle wearing a 6x MQ,have them beat up schit at distances they've never even fhuqking fathomed before,then peel some tape for the "BIG unveil". Hint.

I've seen me bolster Sales. Hint................(grin)
I went ahead and ordered a 6x42 MQ yesterday. They are on back order but hopefully they’ll be back in stock soon.

FYI, checked my card and it was charged whenever I placed the order.
I went ahead and ordered a 6x42 MQ yesterday. They are on back order but hopefully they’ll be back in stock soon.

I was told they would do a test charge, then refund that and do the actual charge when it ships.
Ive got a 10x42 Mil-Quad and really like the reticle......Is the 6x42 MOA Quad thinner. I dont want a thinner one but for $220 i could tolerate a usable 6x42 for hunting.
Dammit! Another 10x en route.
At 10x the MQ reticle is perfect for what I'm doing re pest control and .22rfs. The 6x MQ reticle seems perfect for larger critters and lower light. Then, my eyes are old.
Originally Posted by Pappy348

I was told they would do a test charge, then refund that and do the actual charge when it ships.
Correct. It will show a pending charge then a credit until the item ships, then another charge.

Originally Posted by Overkill45
Ive got a 10x42 Mil-Quad and really like the reticle......Is the 6x42 MOA Quad thinner. I dont want a thinner one but for $220 i could tolerate a usable 6x42 for hunting.
10x MQ is shown as .05 mil thick, subtending .18" at 100 yds. 6x MOA is .3 moa thick, subtending .31" at 100 yds. If I did the math right.
Looks like both 6x42s are on back order now so might as well stick with what i know i like. Its only about $20 more for the MQ and if i got to wait....might as well wait for what im sure i will like.

6x42 MQ reticle is .07 thick and the 10x42 MQ is .05 thick. For my use, slightly thicker than my 10x should work great.
I went to order a couple more of the SS 1-4x24 but they are currently out of stock but available for back order. I don’t think I want to wait indefinitely right now so maybe that’s a sign that I NEED another BTR 2-12 mil….
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
swfa question :

SWFA 20x42 vs 16x42 ?

I like fixed 10's. I have 2 and am considering the SWFA fixed 10. Anything over 10 and I shake too much to be useful. Does anyone have anything negative about the 10's ?? Although it seems there are a bunch of folks on this forum that like pretty much anything SWFA.

kwg
Hell, they've just about sold out of it all & it ain't even Thanksgiving eve yet. Dang they're popular.
I went to order a couple more of the SS 1-4x24 but they are currently out of stock but available for back order. I don’t think I want to wait indefinitely right now so maybe that’s a sign that I NEED another BTR 2-12 mil….

I called yesterday and was told they expected more 1-4x24 by the end of the month.
Anybody know a approx turnaround time on the 3-9?
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
swfa question :

SWFA 20x42 vs 16x42 ?

I like fixed 10's. I have 2 and am considering the SWFA fixed 10. Anything over 10 and I shake too much to be useful. Does anyone have anything negative about the 10's ?? Although it seems there are a bunch of folks on this forum that like pretty much anything SWFA.

kwg
I just ordered the 10 X. Hanging out here gets expensive.

kwg
Last I heard the ATF raided SWFA over suppressor/paperwork issues and caused them lots of problems. Didn't realize they were still in business having closed their store front and all.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Last I heard the ATF raided SWFA over suppressor/paperwork issues and caused them lots of problems. Didn't realize they were still in business having closed their store front and all.

This rumor still being posted?
Originally Posted by Overkill45
Originally Posted by JGRaider

This rumor still being posted?

That they're out of business, or that their storefront is closed?
Originally Posted by crc1514

I called yesterday and was told they expected more 1-4x24 by the end of the month.

Good info. Thanks
Originally Posted by crc1514

And SWFA has been stone cold reliable with their guesses as to when product will be back in stock.
© 24hourcampfire