Home
I'm looking at finally dropping the $$ for a nice set of binos. I've been looking at both Kowa and Meopta glass. I can't really tell the difference and they are both a ton better than the glass I have used for years
Hunting out West I tend to lean towards 10x.
Just looking for opinions between the two brands, warranties, and whether I should stick with 40mm+ objectives or scale it to the 33s. Do you really lose much at the end of the day with the smaller binos?
Thanks
If you decide to scale it to the 33, the Kowa Genesis 8x33 are simply superb. They made the cut as keepers here.

Call Doug. wink
Genesis 8x33 are excellent
In the mid sized units the Kowa Genesis 8x33's are the go to for quality, in the under $2,000.00 price range. They are really THAT good
I've bought almost all of my optics from Doug and Neil at Cameraland [for over 30 years] They have been great.

I have not seen the Kowas...but can say that my 15x Meoptas are better than Vortex and the same as Swaros side by side on a tripod.

If I was buying 8x, I would go the bigger 40mm unless fitting in your pocket is the primary criteria.
© 24hourcampfire