Home
Hello! I own 4 burris scopes, an E1 and 3 of the fullfield iv in 2.5-10x44, all illuminated recticle (I prefer illumination hunting from a blind for my son).

My e1 is on a serbu rn50 and so far has held up. But I know the 4s are made in China but for 199 a pop with illumination it seemed worth it. I have one on a 44 mag cva, a cva muzzleloader and a 350 legend. So far have held up the last 18 months to 2 years.

Just ordered another for my 358 win I'm barreling. With a little more recoil behind this, how are these holding up for people that have owned these longer? I've always been a burris fan from the fullfield 2 but moved to different models because I use scope caps
Burris makes a good solid scope, I’ve had one mounted on my 50 cal ML for years, and one mounted on a 7mm-08 Tikka I hunted with 3-4 yrs, not one issue, even dropped my ML/Burris FFII 20’ outta my climber once, didn’t hurt or budge internals.
I wish they still made the 2, only disappointment is using scope caps with them I just hope these IV scopes have the same ruggedness as the fullfoeld 2 did
They very well may last you a lifetime unless you are shooting a lot at the range or otherwise beating the hell out of them.
I've had great luck with the 3-9X40 FF-II. Who knows about the long-term prospects of the FF-IV, but I don't like it as well as the older scope. I had a 2-10X with illuminated reticle for a while and just never warmed up to it. Among other things I didn't like the illuminated reticle on that scope.
Hello! Burris makes THE biggest pieces of fhuqking schit scopes going. Hint.

Here's a fhuqking Burris on a Bartlein barrled Vudoo of REPUTE. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

That's a check on tracking,repeats and zero retention,at 50yds. HINT.

If only to correlate my Franklin Whizzum's sanctity. Google as you must/do. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
I get not wanting to buy Chinese, but the Chinese are making some pretty good scopes these days. If you like the reticle, who knows… the FFIV might end up proving more reliable than the FFII over the long term.
FF IV is the worst Burris scope I've used. FF II are rock solid, but the ocular magnification adjustment gets froze with cold temps.
Originally Posted by rocky_mtn
I get not wanting to buy Chinese, but the Chinese are making some pretty good scopes these days. If you like the reticle, who knows… the FFIV might end up proving more reliable than the FFII over the long term.

Yup Look at athlon Helos BTR Gen 2 2x12!
I have the fullfield IV 3–12 and it’s ok. Anything over 10 power you can tell it’s an economy scope.
I’d be looking at meopta optika 5 for little more to get two times the scope . Or tract has some entry scopes around that price point of 300
Originally Posted by Sh40674
Hello! I own 4 burris scopes, an E1 and 3 of the fullfield iv in 2.5-10x44, all illuminated recticle (I prefer illumination hunting from a blind for my son).

My e1 is on a serbu rn50 and so far has held up. But I know the 4s are made in China but for 199 a pop with illumination it seemed worth it. I have one on a 44 mag cva, a cva muzzleloader and a 350 legend. So far have held up the last 18 months to 2 years.

Just ordered another for my 358 win I'm barreling. With a little more recoil behind this, how are these holding up for people that have owned these longer? I've always been a burris fan from the fullfield 2 but moved to different models because I use scope caps

You want made in China AND long term reliability
© 24hourcampfire