Home
Posted By: Judman Meopta B1 plus 12x50 HD - 11/27/22
1 year spent, 4 states, unbelievable Bino’s. Getcha some.👊🏻
I prefer Leupolds
Posted By: Judman Re: Meopta B1 plus 12x50 HD - 11/27/22
Tennessee is a hardcore glassing state, with lotsa species/seasons!!! I feel your pain!!
Posted By: krp Re: Meopta B1 plus 12x50 HD - 11/27/22
Leupolds have never been considered for serious glassing.

Kent
Originally Posted by krp
Leupolds have never been considered for serious glassing.

Kent

Kent, what’s that have to do with my thread?
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I prefer Leupolds

Just saying Leupolds aren't in the conversation of what your thread is about... higher magnification quality glass. I can support that your Meopta have a place in our glassing fraternity and is discussed...even Vortex has a couple models we discuss, but never a Leupold.

Kent
Posted By: beretzs Re: Meopta B1 plus 12x50 HD - 11/27/22
Originally Posted by Judman

I’d like a pair of their 15x’s I think. Maybe this year I’ll add a set to the pack. I have the 10x42, 8x32 and the 20-70 Spotter. No complaints on any of them other than they are a touch heavier than Swaro but not enough to cough up the other 1000-1500 bucks.
Posted By: SLM Re: Meopta B1 plus 12x50 HD - 11/27/22
I think you’d like them. The 15’s are pretty dam close to the Swarovski.

Originally Posted by beretzs

I’d like a pair of their 15x’s I think. Maybe this year I’ll add a set to the pack. I have the 10x42, 8x32 and the 20-70 Spotter. No complaints on any of them other than they are a touch heavier than Swaro but not enough to cough up the other 1000-1500 bucks.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Meopta B1 plus 12x50 HD - 11/27/22
Primo stuff, great company.
The Cabelas Euro HD are Meopta Meostar, guy on coueswhitetail had a 15x56 for sale and it sold this morning for 850.00. If you have patience keep a look out for a good deal on used binos.

Kent
Originally Posted by SLM
I think you’d like them. The 15’s are pretty dam close to the Swarovski.

Thanks SLM, I like what I have so far and haven’t ever felt like I was missing out with the Meopta Meostars.
Originally Posted by krp
The Cabelas Euro HD are Meopta Meostar, guy on coueswhitetail had a 15x56 for sale and it sold this morning for 850.00. If you have patience keep a look out for a good deal on used binos.

Kent

Dang, yeah that is a deal for sure.

I’ll have to get my list to Santa.

Just looked at CL and they’re out of stock there…. So much for an impulse buy grin
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Meopta B1 plus 12x50 HD - 11/27/22
I actually prefer the Cabelas version over the Meopta version.I like the armor better, and muchly like the knurled focus ring over the rubber-covered one on the Meopta.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Another comment concerning Leupold, The Gold Ring models give up very little to the Meostars and out-punch the newer BX-4's and BX-5's.....
Thanks for the pics.

Cabelas still sell them?
Posted By: HadsDad Re: Meopta B1 plus 12x50 HD - 11/27/22
Thanks for the pics.

Cabelas still sell them?

Not since Bass Pro took them over. They dropped all of their Euro line.
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I prefer Leupolds

Just saying Leupolds aren't in the conversation of what your thread is about... higher magnification quality glass. I can support that your Meopta have a place in our glassing fraternity and is discussed...even Vortex has a couple models we discuss, but never a Leupold.

Kent

Gotcha and agree Kent, misunderstood your post. My apologies.👊🏻
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Meopta B1 plus 12x50 HD - 11/27/22
I’d like a pair of their 15x’s I think.

I reckon so.....

Originally Posted by huntsman22
I’d like a pair of their 15x’s I think.

I reckon so.....

I could find a use for them. Thanks HM.
Posted By: Tarquin Re: Meopta B1 plus 12x50 HD - 11/27/22
I just bought the 12 x 50s on Amazon. I have new pair of Leica 12 x 50s and want to compare them. We'll see...
Let us know. Never looked through the liecas or the Swarovski pures. Wondering if double the price + will give ya double the viewing pleasure
Let us know. Never looked through the liecas or the Swarovski pures. Wondering if double the price + will give ya double the viewing pleasure

You already know the the answer there. Our old ass’s probably would never know what we were missing.
Posted By: Tarquin Re: Meopta B1 plus 12x50 HD - 11/27/22

I'll post a review, but an advance warning: I'm not very good at evaluating and comparing optical quality. My main technique is to go to a shopping mall and try to read license plates and signage at distance. It seems like a good imitation of an eye doctor's chart but for binos. If there is color fringing, it also tends to show on the edge of black letters on signs and license plates and such. I'll let you all know what I think. The Lecias were about $2700, as I recall. I'll be a little pissed if the Meopta's are better at $1500.00! cry

Footnote: I have a new pair of Leica 8 x 42 Noctivids which I've heard are neck-and-neck with the other Alpha's at the top price-point (Ziess and Swaro). I've noticed I prefer the image of the 8 x 42 Noctivids to the 12 x 50 Lecia Ultravids. The Noctivids have an image quality (depth of field I think they call it) that is very pleasing. Hard to describe without seeing it, but I'm sure Zeiss and Swaros give the same effect. But it comes at a price: the Noctivid glass is all Schott and they are pricey as are the other Alpha's.
Posted By: Starbuck Re: Meopta B1 plus 12x50 HD - 11/28/22
Jud:

Thanks for passing along your positive experience.

Can't say I'm surprised. Been happy with the couple of Meopta products I own.

I am in the market for a set of bino/LRF. Anyone try the Meopta version?
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Meopta B1 plus 12x50 HD - 11/28/22

2-3 years ago on a bison hunt (the same one Kamo just did), I got talked into a pair of B1 plus 15x56s.
Honestly, I don't touch any of my 10X anymore for big game. Turkey hunting, checking traps, bird hunting in general sure....I take 10X but not any western or Alaskan big game. I just can't go back to anything less and certainly not in a lower quality build.
Posted By: SLM Re: Meopta B1 plus 12x50 HD - 11/28/22
I tried just 15’s yesterday, can’t do it.

It’s like a magnified seizure.

Originally Posted by T_Inman

2-3 years ago on a bison hunt (the same one Kamo just did), I got talked into a pair of B1 plus 15x56s.
Honestly, I don't touch any of my 10X anymore for big game. Turkey hunting, checking traps, bird hunting in general sure....I take 10X but not any western or Alaskan big game. I just can't go back to anything less and certainly not in a lower quality build.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Meopta B1 plus 12x50 HD - 11/28/22
That's because you suck.

The magnification does get to me if I am winded, on the back of a horse that won't stop stuffing it's face or if the wind is blowing hard (ha!).
Otherwise, for quick scans of stuff it honestly doesn't bother me and for serious glassing sessions I have no issue leaning against a tree or just bracing my elbows on my knees like everyone did before tripods were the rage. My superior genetics must be what allows for this.
Posted By: SLM Re: Meopta B1 plus 12x50 HD - 11/28/22
Resting them on MOM’s tits works pretty good.

She says you are definitely not genetically superior.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Meopta B1 plus 12x50 HD - 11/29/22
Originally Posted by SLM

She says you are definitely not genetically

Oh how do I miss MOM and her Meoptas. Got any pics?
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Meopta B1 plus 12x50 HD - 11/29/22
Originally Posted by SLM

Bump for pics.

Lol

🦫
Posted By: SLM Re: Meopta B1 plus 12x50 HD - 11/29/22
Be careful what you wish for.

Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by SLM

Bump for pics.

Lol

🦫
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Meopta B1 plus 12x50 HD - 12/01/22
Ha!
I actually searched for her pic today but can’t find it.
I wouldn’t ruin this thread with it anyhow, or would I?
© 24hourcampfire