Home
Like the title says, Are there any scope brands that haven't outsourced to China?
Yes.
All Sightron scope are either Philippines or Japan. Nightforce, Swarovski, Leica and Kahles don't make anything in China. The majority of Meopta is made either in the Czech Republic or assembled here in the USA
I asked Doug pretty much exactly this... a few years ago.

As I understand it (anyone is welcome to correct me where I am wrong)...

There are zero lens makers in the USA (except for NASA type stuff).

Everything is "Pacific Rim" as Doug put it... or Europe.

With that said... the technology to make a good lens is pretty amazing. And the Quality +/- of those lens is built to a price point for the US Consumer.

i.e. better glass, better grinding, better polishing, better coatings, better assembly... simply costs more.

Pacific Rim includes The Philippines, China, Japan et al.

Scopes are built to Specifications... Better Specs simply cost more.

Leupold and Nightforce assemble their optics here in the USA... Labor costs more, but the lens are Specified "Pacific Rim" glass.

Again, I welcome correction to any misstatement I have made.
As far as I know Swarovski still makes there own lenses in Austria. Some other manufactures use ag shot glass made in germany.
IOR riflescopes imported by Valdada in Texas are made in Romania and use German Schott glass.
Originally Posted by azelkhuntr
As far as I know Swarovski still makes there own lenses in Austria. Some other manufactures use ag shot glass made in germany.

No. They buy their glass from SCHott .
March Scopes are Japanese Not Chinese
Vortex make the AMG completely in their plant in WI. One piece of etched glass for the reticle is not made in the US, but it is not made in China.
Several companies source their scopes from Japan.
then you have like Burris that has Scopes made in at least three different places and you have to learn the line of Scopes to learn which ones are made china, philippines, Us . names I haven't seen mentioned were Leupold and Steiner and I think Leopold some of the models are Chinese made nowadays.
Originally Posted by ldholton
then you have like Burris that has Scopes made in at least three different places and you have to learn the line of Scopes to learn which ones are made china, philippines, Us . names I haven't seen mentioned were Leupold and Steiner and I think Leopold some of the models are Chinese made nowadays.

Like most thing you are wrong yet again.

All Leupold scopes are made in the USA.
Leupold.

Redfield, before 2020?

One Vortex Scope, AMG.

No Nightforce scopes?

Wish there were others but all the replies above all talk about foreign made scopes. I think 50% or more by the value of the parts, plus assembly is how I would define " Made in USA".
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
All Sightron scope are either Philippines or Japan. Nightforce, Swarovski, Leica and Kahles don't make anything in China. The majority of Meopta is made either in the Czech Republic or assembled here in the USA
Doug ,

What are the Meopta exceptions to being made or assembled in the USA or CR?
]
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
Ever figure out COO details?
All Meopta's are assembled in Czech Republic
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Where's the like button,?

you're quite the smart mouth aren't you you don't really want to meet people in person. but The rifleman show me where all the parts are made. designed and assembled in does not mean parts from...

and if I am an error on this and the post above I will apologize to the world people make mistakes. so also be my last address to your name because you are not a person that matters. and if you're trying to be a representative for Leupold they should really know this because you are a piss for representative of that with your mouth and attitude and your track record from the past.. your Christmas present should be AA and Jenny Craig

Then why can't they stamp "Made in the USA" on them?
Leupold employs several hundred Americanish Oregonians building scopes, for real. Better to bash other companies in this regard. Leupold did have the Redfield Revenge line made in China though, after hyping up the Made in the USA Revolution.... And some bins, spotters, rangefinders and other chit are certainly Chinky. So yeah, fuuckem for that.

See the list of zero China products? That's notable. Hmmm. What do those companies have?

Good stuff 👍
What are you looking for and how much are you looking to spend OP?
Trijicon traditional rifle scopes are either made in Japan or the USA.

"Our AccuPoint® riflescopes are assembled in the USA but have significant components purchased in Japan. Our Huron®, Ascent®, Tenmile®, and Credo® riflescopes are manufactured in Japan according to our design and testing requirements."
Tract scopes are made in Japan or the Philippines. They list COO in their specs online. All the companies (with nothing to hide) should do that as well. I see it more often than formerly. You must remember though that that can change very quickly in this world, so you have to keep your eyes peeled.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Leupold employs several hundred Americanish Oregonians building scopes, for real. Better to bash other companies in this regard. Leupold did have the Redfield Revenge line made in China though, after hyping up the Made in the USA Revolution.... And some bins, spotters, rangefinders and other chit are certainly Chinky. So yeah, fuuckem for that.

See the list of zero China products? That's notable. Hmmm. What do those companies have?

Good stuff 👍

Where do you people come up with this chit?.....The Revenge line line of scopes were made in the Philippines.
[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]
Huskemaw is made in Japan, I believe.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Trijicon traditional rifle scopes are either made in Japan or the USA.

"Our AccuPoint® riflescopes are assembled in the USA but have significant components purchased in Japan. Our Huron®, Ascent®, Tenmile®, and Credo® riflescopes are manufactured in Japan according to our design and testing requirements."

This is helpful.

Thank you
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

I'm leaning toward a 3-9x40/42 or 2/3-12. Price range $900 or less. 1 inch tube if possible.
BTW, Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to offer advice and information, It's greatly appreciated.
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
One Vortex Scope, AMG.

Wish there were others but all the replies above all talk about foreign made scopes. I think 50% or more by the value of the parts, plus assembly is how I would define " Made in USA".

Actually all Vortex razors are Japan also
Originally Posted by BigDogBoogie

I'm leaning toward a 3-9x40/42 or 2/3-12. Price range $900 or less. 1 inch tube if possible.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Trijicon-...on-Hunter-1-in-Matte-Black-Riflesco.aspx

Japanese made.

VERY good illumination at both the bright and dim ends.

Outstanding reticle.

Fairly lightweight.

Very good "glass."

Good eye relief.

One inch tube.

Good reputation for tracking and durability.

Will get you to 30 minutes after sunset in most conditions.

Well under your budget.
I doubt anyone except the vendor knows where these optics are actually made; but it's a safe bet that many are not made where the customer is led to believe.
Interesting. I'd have never bought a Nikko Stirling scope. It was free on a free rifle the wife won over the summer. I get to Texas and she says look what I won. LOL.

Figured junk scope. Nope, best I can tell made in Japan. Gets me to legal shooting hours most of the time.

Its a bit picky about eye relief at times. I can't' just stick my iPhone up and snap pics easy.

It does give a bit of glare and picky on that eye relief as noted. But it shoots little groups. Its awful clear during the day. Plenty clear at night.

Its allowed 5 or 6 bullets into deer so far this season.

Its not Chinese anywhere I can tell.

But once again... I would like to remind you China builds to price point. companies give them a price, they meet it.

Have a good friend highly involved in Motorola plant there years ago. Got to dealing with them a lot. Wanted to see how much he could save and if they could built target bolt actions to build rifles off of that would be quality. Yep. Yet once they ran the numbers vs the specs the cost imported to USA was not nearly much savings. IE China could and would produce, but to meet the given specs it was not cheap.

Remember its not only china screwing us... its companies that use them...

Off my soap box.

Japanese made.

Outstanding reticle.

Fairly lightweight.

Very good "glass."

Good eye relief.

One inch tube.

Well under your budget.

Thank you! The Trijicon looks like it would fit the bill perfectly.

Japanese made.

Outstanding reticle.

Fairly lightweight.

Very good "glass."

Good eye relief.

One inch tube.

Well under your budget.

I bought one to see how I liked it. I immediately bought another. Now I wish all of my rifles wore Trijicon.

Japanese made.

Outstanding reticle.

Fairly lightweight.

Very good "glass."

Good eye relief.

One inch tube.

Well under your budget.

I bought one to see how I liked it. I immediately bought another. Now I wish all of my rifles wore Trijicon.

How the reticle? Low light ?
Originally Posted by Remington280
How the reticle? Low light ?

I wasn't sure how I was going to like the reticle. It's fantastic. Throw the rifle up on the shoulder and everything centers up very naturally. On the lowest setting, I get NO washout in dark conditions.
Originally Posted by Overkill45

Good stuff 👍

Where do you people come up with this chit?.....The Revenge line line of scopes were made in the Philippines.
[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]
Lapse of memory. Was thinking of the Battlezone anyway, also PH, so bite me @2X. LOL .

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Your kidding us? Right?

Swarovski doesn't make kaka. They might use proprietary lense coatings but like everyone else they source lenses and prisms.

I don't care what anyone claims I found long ago all this stuff is spec'd out from around the world, and typically it's locations in Asia. Some may have optics actually made in Japan or Phillipines but it's not the complete story. Yeah the scope or whatever might be made in Japan, Korea, Phillipines, but more than likely there's Chinese parts or components on board that ate in there. Not always but it's really common.

As for Leupold. They don't manufacture lenses prisms. All their product is from sourced materials and they might make scope times in America and assemble some here. The vast amount of components in their optics are east asian in origin.

Now years ago when US Optics was in California they actually made Scopes and sourced Schott Glass lenses. Today thats not the case and those days are pretty much gone.

People get really caught up in this but these optics companies are marketing companies. They sell an image or brand and advertise and go to trade shows. Behind the scenes they're slinging optics from ol' Xi in China. But make no mistake you can spec out higher end lenses and components or you can go full junk.
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Your kidding us? Right?

Swarovski doesn't make kaka. They might use proprietary lense coatings but like everyone else they source lenses and prisms.

I don't care what anyone claims I found long ago all this stuff is spec'd out from around the world, and typically it's locations in Asia. Some may have optics actually made in Japan or Phillipines but it's not the complete story. Yeah the scope or whatever might be made in Japan, Korea, Phillipines, but more than likely there's Chinese parts or components on board that ate in there. Not always but it's really common.

As for Leupold. They don't manufacture lenses prisms. All their product is from sourced materials and they might make scope times in America and assemble some here. The vast amount of components in their optics are east asian in origin.

Now years ago when US Optics was in California they actually made Scopes and sourced Schott Glass lenses. Today thats not the case and those days are pretty much gone.

People get really caught up in this but these optics companies are marketing companies. They sell an image or brand and advertise and go to trade shows. Behind the scenes they're slinging optics from ol' Xi in China. But make no mistake you can spec out higher end lenses and components or you can go full junk.
LOL
DO, TUBES and ALL
I would not buy anything made in China. If I buy something accidently or without knowing that is made in China, I throw it away or sell cheap. It does not belong to me long!
You better start,with tossing the device you used to post that Hurt Feelers Report. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........
Pretty sure buggers dumb azz said modern soldiers should switch back to the Springfield 03.
Originally Posted by Raferman
Pretty sure buggers dumb azz said modern soldiers should switch back to the Springfield 03.

go to hell a$shole. You are one stupid [bleep]. I'd knock your lights out if I would be so lucky as to see you. You low life [bleep].
Raferman

I’ll be certain to tell how you think people dying while fighting for the USA is funny because they were handed faulty equipment and were not able to defend themselves. What a total scum.

You are lowest scum in the country!
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Doug ,

What are the Meopta exceptions to being made or assembled in the USA or CR?
]
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
Ever figure out COO details?
All Meopta's are assembled in Czech Republic
Raferman is the lowest scum in the country.
Originally Posted by Bugger

go to hell a$shole. You are one stupid [bleep]. I'd knock your lights out if I would be so lucky as to see you. You low life [bleep].

I'd gladly hold him for ya. Fuggin POS. The South is full of inbred scumbillies.
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I'd fuggin hold him for ya, then go find alwaysadork, grab him by the neck and beat him against a tree till he quits wigglin.
Your combined ages are well over a century and you did say that Buggery.
Blackfart if you try to hold me won't you have to let go of your walker?
LOL

I'd fuggin hold him for ya, then go find alwaysadork, grab him by the neck and beat him against a tree till he quits wigglin.
LOL
On my worst day I'd beat the hell out of you.
You bastard. You are an enemy of the state. You belong in Gitmo. You low life scum.

You lower than scum. I will kick your losing [bleep] ass if I ever see you. You have awarded an enemy if life butthole.
Raferman

I’ll be certain to tell how you think people dying while fighting for the USA is funny because they were handed faulty equipment and were not able to defend themselves. What a total scum.

You are lowest scum in the country!
Spinning like Jen Psaki.
LOL
You bastard. You are an enemy of the state. You belong in Gitmo. You low life scum.

You lower than scum. I will kick your losing [bleep] ass if I ever see you. You have awarded an enemy if life butthole.

Look at Bugger flexing that internet muscle. I trembled reading that.

Oh my goodness. This one too has me quivering.

LOL
I would fugging die laughing.

Huh?

You'd better watch your smart mouth. These guys sound scary.
[bleep] you. You think that people losing their life’s while on defensive of the USA is a joke because they were handed weapons that would not work. You low life scum. [bleep] you.

Huh?

It was like English, less the literacy.
You are low life hateful scum. I’d love to meet you face to face life doesn’t mean that much to me anymore. You hateful bastard.

Don't be so hard to Raffaella, she might get in love with you.

You are low life hateful scum. I’d love to meet you face to face life doesn’t mean that much to me anymore. You hateful bastard.
Thats the spirit!
LOL
Put down my platoon again you cock sucker.
Originally Posted by CopperSolid

Don't be so hard to Rafaella, she might get in love with you.

Get outta here you fugging weebo.
Barnyard you scrawny little douche. We can all see you ain't got any muscles to flex outside of your smelly old vagina.
Raferman you are my enemy for life. You low life bastard.
So like three or four years?

LOL
You'd die alright, I'd laugh.
Barnyard you scrawny little douche. We can all see you ain't got any muscles to flex outside of your smelly old vagina.

This is exactly why I love 24 Hour Campfire. Bod Bless America!

KB

I might be old but I’d kick your low life pussy ass.
Let me guess you pussy. You went to Canada because you are a low-life coward.

I might be old but I’d kick your low life pussy ass.
You'd fall over if you tried to kick someone.
You want to meet me somewhere. I hate low life cowards that think losing life in defense of the county is a joke.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words make me blow a gasket.
You want to meet me somewhere. I hate low life cowards that think losing life in defense of the county is a joke.
You're just making schit up now.
You scum
BS you low life scum. That’s exactly what you are doing you [bleep]
You scum
You scum
Isn't your jitterbug made in China?
You scum
You think people that are defending the country and losing their life’s is a joke. You are a total scum
You are the lowest of the low scum.
Wow! This thread took a turn.

Anyway, To wrap it up I have a Trijicon inbound and I appreciate everyone that answered my questions.

Anyway, To wrap it up I have a Trijicon inbound and I appreciate everyone that answered my questions.

hahaha, didn't it? I own a Huskemaw and love it, sorry I can not be of more help.

Beautiful dog you have in your Avatar man!

KB

I can't imagine that you won't really like it. When you get it in, let me know. I forgot to tell you that Eurooptic has a veterans discount if that would apply to you. It's not much on Trijicon since their prices are low already.
The Optics Forum has returned to it's original greatness.

Love it.
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
The Optics Forum has returned to it's original greatness.

Love it.

Hell yes! Semper Fi…

LOL
I missed this. Blackheart ‘s poosy got bruised a little. LMAO

They're called Democrats. Our "friend" Ra-fhuqked-man is one of them. She's as nagging as Paula Pelosi.

They're called Democrats. Our "friend" Ra-fhuqked-man is one of them. She's as nagging as Paula Pelosi.
Eat schit weebo Cardenas.
LOL

LOL

Your continued ability to post stupid stuff in a tech forum is duly noted.

Do you own a gun?

Have you ever been hunting?

Do you have pictures?

Duly Noted. wink

LOL

Do you own a gun?

Do you have pictures?

Duly Noted. wink
Bad mood tonight Burnsy?
LOL

LOL

Do you own a gun?

Do you have pictures?

Duly Noted. wink

She dances to the flow of the forum. Just as any other gun-hoee...That Sassy Raffaella!

LOL

Do you own a gun?

Do you have pictures?

Duly Noted. wink

She dances to the flow of the forum. Just as any other gun-hoee...That Sassy Raffaella!
Peeking again maser?

LOL

Do you own a gun?

Do you have pictures?

Duly Noted. wink
Bad mood tonight Burnsy?
LOL
Far from it.

But your continued posting in the tech/hunting forums when you obviously have zero to add was more apparent tonight than usual.

LOL

Do you own a gun?

Do you have pictures?

Duly Noted. wink
Bad mood tonight Burnsy?
LOL
Far from it.

But your continued posting in the tech/hunting forums when you obviously have zero to add was more apparent tonight than usual.
Have to go up another pants size fatbelly?

You’re wrong again Burnsy but we all know your ego won’t let you admit it…..

Leupold clearly states that their products are “designed, machined and assembled in Oregon”. They don’t claim their scopes are made in the USA as you did since that would be a lie with legal ramifications.

Direct quote from leupold:
“Our lens systems are designed at Leupold, by American optical engineers in our state-of -the-art optics labs. The glass is then procured from vendors who must meet stringent quality standards. ”

Their lenses come from a Chinese manufacturer as a simple call to Beaverton reveals to anyone willing to call.

Claiming something is “made in the USA” requires certain standards to be met that any reputable manufacturer knows and the fact you don’t know this is telling!

Per the FTC:
“Made in USA” means that “all or virtually all” the product has been made in America. That is, all significant parts, processing and labor that go into the product must be of U.S. origin.

So Cheeto boy you’re wrong again……
Originally Posted by MallardAddict

Leupold clearly states that that their products are “designed, machined and assembled in Oregon”. They don’t claim their scopes are made in the USA as you did since that would be a lie with legal ramifications.

“Our lens systems are designed at Leupold, by American optical engineers in our state-of -the-art optics labs. The glass is then procured from vendors who must meet stringent quality standards. ”

Their lenses come from a Chinese manufacturer as a simple call to Beaverton reveals to anyone willing to make a call.

Claiming something is “made in the USA” requires certain standards to be met that any reputable manufacturer knows and the fact you don’t know this is telling!

Per the FTC:
“Made in USA” means that “all or virtually all” the product has been made in America. That is, all significant parts, processing and labor that go into the product must be of U.S. origin.

Thanks for the info. What country are Leupold scopes made in?

Leupold clearly states that their products are “designed, machined and assembled in Oregon”. They don’t claim their scopes are made in the USA as you did since that would be a lie with legal ramifications.

Their lenses come from a Chinese manufacturer as a simple call to Beaverton reveals to anyone willing to make a call.

Per the FTC:

Lenses do come from Japan (LOW), not China.

And then are made into scopes in Oregon.

Made in USA works for me.

You may whine otherwise.

WIZARD always WINS. wink

That’s a good question but they sure as hell aren’t made in the USA as Burns claims.

The FTC legal definition to declare something as such has been around a long time and is probably exactly why leupold describes their products in the manner they do.
By the same standards Ford, Chevy, Dodge pickups are foreign made because they have a few foreign parts?

No, of course not.

Components are from all over. Assembly is here. We are just splitting hairs over who has the most American made parts but all pickups including Honda, Toyota and Nissan are assembled here.

If there are no Chinese communist parts in a scope or pickup or computer then that's good. If the final product is assembled here then that's better. If all the parts are domestic origin and assembly is done here you'll have a very rare thing, and likely very expensive.

That’s a good question but they sure as hell aren’t made in the USA as Burns claims.

The FTC legal definition to declare something as such has been around a long time and is probably exactly why leupold describes their products in the manner they do.

Your whine is Duly Noted.

Enjoy your ChiCom scopes.

I like made in USA.
[quote=JohnBurns]

Per the FTC:

Bunchya bullshyt there. Obviously you haven't worked in manufacturing. I did for years for a US firearms manufacturer and can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt there are many thousands of firearms out there stamped "made in USA" with major components sourced from South Korea.
Lenses do come from Japan (LOW), not China.

And then are made into scopes in Oregon.

Made in USA works for me.

You may whine otherwise.

WIZARD always WINS. wink

Good try twisting it Burnsy but again you’re wrong with your claim that all Leupold glass comes from LOW. Again a call to Beaverton will prove this. The glass is also not the only non Leupold made parts but if you were 1/2 as in the know as you claim you would already know that.

You can twist it however you need to fit your vodka addled brain but the fact that your claim of “US Made” is 100% untrue based on the legally accepted and well know definition put out by the FTC is not surprising at all.

The fact you tried to back peddle instead of admitting you were wrong was a given.
Bunchya bullshyt there. Obviously you haven't worked in manufacturing. I did for years for a US firearms manufacturer and can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt there are many thousands of firearms out there stamped "made in USA" with major components sourced from South Korea.

Your time working for Playschool in the toy gun assembly line doesn’t mean schhittt. I assure you there are not “many thousand firearms stamped Made in the USA” that don’t meet the legal definition imposed by the FTC.

It’s literally a phhffukkking consumer protection law you demented old bastard!

LOL
You'd die alright, I'd laugh.

I love a good retard fight. This is almost as good as watching Shrap and Sitka Deer get into it.

Your whine is Duly Noted.

Enjoy your ChiCom scopes.

I like made in USA.

Problem is you don’t own any truly USA made scopes as you’ve repeatedly proven via your diversions.

As for myself I never claimed I did either,

Kahles, Nightforce, S&B, Minox and Steiner make up the majority so mostly European glass for me...

I do have a few swfa (Japan)on cheaper rifles and yep I even have a few leupolds as well but almost all of them are vintage friction adjust that I inherited.

Nothing stamped made in China though as you claim so you’re wrong again.

Keep swinging porky you’re doing great.
Made in the USA.

Your time working for Playschool in the toy gun assembly line doesn’t mean schhittt. I assure you there are not “many thousand firearms stamped Made in the USA” that don’t meet the legal definition imposed by the FTC.

It’s literally a phhffukkking consumer protection law you demented old bastard!
I know goddam good and well what I'm talking about you filthy piece of shyt. Lotta 1911's out there stamped "made in USA" with frames and slides from Dasan machinery LTD of South Korea.
I would not buy anything made in China. If I buy something accidently or without knowing that is made in China, I throw it away or sell cheap. It does not belong to me long!

The computer you're using and most anything else electronic in your house has Chinese parts in it. Prove me wrong. If you have a cell phone, guess what?
Originally Posted by rifletom

The computer you're using and most anything else electronic in your house has Chinese parts in it. Prove me wrong. If you have a cell phone, guess what?

Some of us know how to source such things from the "Good China".

Tiawan.

No ChiCom stuff.

Tiawan.

No ChiCom stuff.

Ok. LOL!

Tiawan.

No ChiCom stuff.

You MAKE nothing but noise Johnny. It’s sad!
Originally Posted by Rekobeez

Tiawan.

No ChiCom stuff.

You MAKE nothing but noise Johnny. It’s sad!

Your join date and post count make me smile. grin
Made in the USA.

Must be either the vodka or Cheetos talking. Should be easy enough to post a pic of the scope or box saying as much? Hell even leupold will tell you they can’t use the “made in USA” moniker despite your whine to the contrary.

Also figures you would post a pic of a scope well known to have RTZ issues attached to one of your snake oil “custom” 700’s as your “proof”, though it’s the only move you had.

I’ll stick to actual good glass and good rifles but thanks for the advice. You see I like my shhitttt to work on demand and from actual gunsmiths worth a Pffhuckkk not hacks like you Johnny boy.

And before you go off on your chest puffing several members here have handled my rifles, hunted with me or seen me shoot so there is that.

WIZARD always Wins. grin
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
By the same standards Ford, Chevy, Dodge pickups are foreign made because they have a few foreign parts?

No, of course not.

Components are from all over. Assembly is here. We are just splitting hairs over who has the most American made parts but all pickups including Honda, Toyota and Nissan are assembled here.

If there are no Chinese communist parts in a scope or pickup or computer then that's good. If the final product is assembled here then that's better. If all the parts are domestic origin and assembly is done here you'll have a very rare thing, and likely very expensive.
My Dodge Cummins was made mostly of foreign parts and assembled in Mexico. Almost nothing was made in the states and no assembly. Pretty sad considering costs

Fuuck the .Gov... There are hundreds of Americans making Leupold scopes in Beaverton. They're not labeled as made elsewhere for the same rationale. Does "Assembled in the USA" have more value than "Made in China"? That's opinion for the individual to decide.
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
My Dodge Cummins was made mostly of foreign parts and assembled in Mexico. Almost nothing was made in the states and no assembly. Pretty sad considering costs

Where as the Tundra I looked at a few weeks ago was Made in America with 65% America and Canadian parts...
Made in the USA.

Must be either the vodka or Cheetos talking. Should be easy enough to post a pic of the scope or box saying as much? Hell even leupold will tell you they can’t use the “made in USA” moniker despite your whine to the contrary.

Also figures you would post a pic of a scope well known to have RTZ issues attached to one of your snake oil “custom” 700’s as your “proof”, though it’s the only move you had.

I’ll stick to actual good glass and good rifles but thanks for the advice. You see I like my shhitttt to work on demand and from actual gunsmiths worth a Pffhuckkk not hacks like you Johnny boy.

And before you go off on your chest puffing several members here have handled my rifles, hunted with me or seen me shoot so there is that.

Burns lies 24/7/365.

BUT he does have a collection of drooling minion followers because he posts 20 year old pictures.

That's right...
Made in the USA.

Check out the empties in the Pancho Villa stock bandolier. Must have fired a 5 round barrage at his sheep. Hint…

This is pretty funny. No idea where they are made, but know that it's not the USA.
Originally Posted by WAM
Made in the USA.

Check out the empties in the Pancho Villa stock bandolier. Must have fired a 5 round barrage at his sheep. Hint…

It's a Leupold. He needed 4 rounds to re-zero prior to the hunt.

I'd gladly hold him for ya. Fuggin POS. The South is full of inbred scumbillies.
There’s a reason Yankees are generally not well thought of down South.
Originally Posted by WAM

You think it’s funny that a bunch of Marines were killed and you think it’s appropriate to make jokes about.

You evidently think all southerners are that way.

79 of the guys in my platoon were from Oklahoma. I’d bet the family of those guys- all southerners - would think you are an as&hole too. You don’t represent the south you represent as$holes that think dead Marines is funny.
You need to find your meds quickly! A Marine rifle platoon consists of 40-48 men. Doubtful that 79 Marines would fit very well.

What would you know about folks in the South being you are in SD?

Dead Marines or soldiers is never a funny matter. Unlike you and your ignorance, I was born and bred in the Heart of Dixie and live there now. So you can kiss my rebel ass. WAM, out
Originally Posted by WAM

That goes both ways. Lazy, slow and stupid being your reputation round here.
This is pretty funny. No idea where they are made, but know that it's not the USA.

As I have said in more than one reply Leupold will tell you that they can’t use the “Made in the USA” for the exact reasons I stated. I have no issue with them saying it’s assembled here which is what they do, but the term “made in the USA” denotes something else.

Their binoculars are well known to be made entirely in either Japan or China depending on price level and they are clearly marked as such. Their scopes aren’t marked at all for country of manufacture, why is that?

Burns simply made yet another false statement and declared it a fact and was called on it, nothing more and nothing less.

But again all of this is free information readily available with a call to Leupold.
Originally Posted by WAM
You need to find your meds quickly! A Marine rifle platoon consists of 40-48 men. Doubtful that 79 Marines would fit very well.

Dead Marines or soldiers is never a funny matter. Unlike you and your ignorance, I was born and bred in the Heart of Dixie and live there now. So you can kiss my rebel ass. WAM, out

79 of them were Okies. That means there were likely more than 79 total.

Bugger, serious question: you hate the Chicoms I am guessing due to the Korean War, or their relatively small influence in the Vietnam War? Either way, that is fine but a LOT has changed since then. While China is in no way our friend these days, being the time that has passed since they were killing Americans in a conventional way in the context of you bring up, I don't think it is a stretch to also hate Japanese and Germans for the same reasons, as well as anything they make. Why just Chicom stuff?
None of my Burris scopes are made in China, including a nice one I’m selling in the classifieds right now hint hint…

It is nice to have options, and I hope Burris doesn’t end their Philippines production entirely.
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by WAM

Bugger, serious question: you hate the Chicoms I am guessing due to the Korean War, or their relatively small influence in the Vietnam War? Either way, that is fine but a LOT has changed since then. While China is in no way our friend these days, being the time that has passed since they were killing Americans in a conventional way in the context of you bring up, I don't think it is a stretch to also hate Japanese and Germans for the same reasons, as well as anything they make. Why just Chicom stuff?

For me the ChiComs are actively killing Americans with Fentanyl/Precoursors and the COVID mess they started.

ChiComs use the term Unrestricted Warfare and fight against the USA on many other varied fronts including IP theft.

The good news is China has a demograhic bomb happening and has no way out.

Zeihan has a proven track record on macro issues so here is a quick video covering some of China's coming issues.

It's Reupold,for more than a few reason(s),none of which is "virtues". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

As I have said in more than one reply Leupold will tell you that they can’t use the “Made in the USA” for the exact reasons I stated. I have no issue with them saying it’s assembled here which is what they do, but the term “made in the USA” denotes something else.

Their binoculars are well known to be made entirely in either Japan or China depending on price level and they are clearly marked as such. Their scopes aren’t marked at all for country of manufacture, why is that?

Burns simply made yet another false statement and declared it a fact and was called on it, nothing more and nothing less.

But again all of this is free information readily available with a call to Leupold.

Maybe Leupold scopes aren't made anywhere.
Originally Posted by WAM

My great Uncle, a Bougainville and Iwo vet with a Purple Heart from each island was in the same boat, hated Japanese and German stuff his whole life. I’d bet he was nearly in his 90’s before he forgave them in his own way.

I get it though. If Muslims made anything I’d buy, besides oil, I’d likely have the same opinion. It’s closed minded I know but as you know, those cuts can run fairly deep.
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by WAM

My great Uncle, a Bougainville and Iwo vet with a Purple Heart from each island was in the same boat, hated Japanese and German stuff his whole life. I’d bet he was nearly in his 90’s before he forgave them in his own way.

I get it though. If Muslims made anything I’d buy, besides oil, I’d likely have the same opinion. It’s closed minded I know but as you know, those cuts can run fairly deep.

Yes they do.
I am not ashamed to say I don't initially trust anyone with a Middle Eastern background and certainly wouldn't go out of my way to support those countries economically with exceptions such as fuel, etc. Right, wrong or indifferent I subconsciously keep an eye on them if I see them in a store, on a plane, etc. and I am an ardent opponent of acting that way towards people in a general sense. Hypocritical? Ya, but it is what it is. Good thing those countries don't produce a whole lot besides petroleum and some crops.
If we hadn't taught those dunecoons how to extract oil from the ground they'd still be herding camels and goats all over the desert. They're one of the dumbest races on the planet.
Originally Posted by WAM

For me the ChiComs are actively killing Americans with Fentanyl/Precoursors and the COVID mess they started.

ChiComs use the term Unrestricted Warfare and fight against the USA on many other varied fronts including IP theft.

The good news is China has a demograhic bomb happening and has no way out.

Zeihan has a proven track record on macro issues so here is a quick video covering some of China's coming issues.

Solid points, and ones I absolutely won't argue with. Any of them.

Bugger however seems to hate Chicoms because they killed Americans in conventional war. It has been a long time since any Chinese may have done that, and any who did are likely dead or long retired, and wouldn't have a current influence on their economy or the direct manufacturing process of their products. This is why I see a parallel with Germany and Japan. Coincidentally (or maybe ironically) both of whom make a lot of scopes too.
America whooped the Chinese in Korea. I have a family member’s Purple Heart to prove it. Fugk those Chinks.

To the extent allowed to be labeled as such by the fuucking FTC, no, but, as has been explained, they are made in the USA by any common sense of the phrase. There's hundreds of Americans employed machining riflescope parts, finishing, assembling, and testing riflescopes in Beaverton Oregon. There has been for decades. Nobody needs an opinion on Burns one way or another to recognize this. Nobody needs to have an opinion on the scope's function to recognize this. What a whinefest.

To the extent allowed to be labeled as such by the fuucking FTC, no, but, as has been explained, they are made in the USA by any common sense of the phrase. There's hundreds of Americans employed machining riflescope parts, finishing, assembling, and testing riflescopes in Beaverton Oregon. There has been for decades. Nobody needs an opinion on Burns one way or another to recognize this. Nobody needs to have an opinion on the scope's function to recognize this. What a whinefest.
Can you possibly whine one more ounce? I doubt it LMAO

Geebus, the endless blather on and on about the Leupold COO because folks have a hard on for Burns is pointless to the max. GFY

Geebus, the endless blather on and on about the Leupold COO because folks have a hard on for Burns is pointless to the max. GFY
More whine from your do nothing azz, GFY

You are like the poster girl of do nothing.

Here is doing something.

G

You are like the poster girl of do nothing.

Here is doing something.

Mm okay, dumb fugk Burns

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Come on, let's see even one post with some substance from you. Ever? Possibly some factual information to add to the discussion? Some first-hand experience? Subject knowledge? LOL. Hahahaha. Geebus, ever even drive through Beaverton? Offer up something relevant or GFY, stalker.
Most of Leupold's glass come from Philippines. Leupold stated that long ago. They do source glass in other places. Korea, EU, Japan. I have not heard of any actual Chinese glass being used, but I don't see why it's not possible in this era.

As a bit of "rumor" I've heard from Leupold employees, Leupold does use Chinese and other Asian sourced "components" and "assemblies" that are used internally. I cannot back this claim up however.
The Trijicon Credo arrived today and I'm really happy with it. It was overcast here today and the Credo brightened things up considerably so it should be perfect in the shaded areas I hunt.
The Trijicon Credo arrived today and I'm really happy with it. It was overcast here today and the Credo brightened things up considerably so it should be perfect in the shaded areas I hunt.

I had both of mine at the range Friday. They behaved perfectly in limited testing.
© 24hourcampfire