Home
Hello folks,

I was wondering if anyone currently produces a post or post-and-crosshair reticle in a fixed or low variable scope of decent quality? Or has one been produced recently that might be fairly easy to find on the used market?

As my eyes age I'm slowly having to transition to scopes. This is my favorite type of reticle but they seem to be hard to find. I've got a couple older Leupolds that use this reticle but I've not seen anything offered in quite a while.

Thanks for any suggestions you might offer!
Closest thing I'm aware of is the Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x with their single vertical post.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

Burris offered post & crosshair up until the early '90s or so and you might watch Ebay for a used one. I have one in a 4x on a Marlin .356. Of course Weaver and Bushnell offered them back in the day as well.
I bought a Meopta Artimes 1.5-6 with a German #1 not too long ago from Cameralandny. You might want to give Doug a call and see if any of his suppliers have any German #1s
IME&IMO,
German No. 1s are very intuitive... Short of an LR Reticle, it is my choice. I had the perfect Schmidt Bender Zenith 1.5-6x42 with a German No. 1 and the Flash-dot. It was the finest general-purpose reticle I have owned. Like an idiot I sold it...

Regards, Matt.
Thank you for the suggestions, friends, I appreciate your help very much!

Matt, you're right, the posts (in general) seem very intuitive to me. I've stuck to blade front sights, sometimes with rear peeps, all these years, and have never needed scopes much for the shooting I do. I guess the post reticle seems most familiar to me because of that.

Thank you all again!
61 posts since 2001? Wood Troll, you ought to hang around more. 😁

I've used post and crosshair a lot over the years, still have one, a USA made Burris 6x.
My first scope was a 2 3/4x Redfield with my first and only ever post reticle. The only instance where I thought that reticle was worth having was on my 10/22 shooting rats in the dump in low light. A precision instrument it wasn't.
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
61 posts since 2001? Wood Troll, you ought to hang around more. 😁

I've used post and crosshair a lot over the years, still have one, a USA made Burris 6x.

Thank you. I enjoy all the knowledge here and hang around quite a bit, just don't post much. Don't want to fall afoul of some of the folks here that just seem to want to argue. wink
I think you might also like a German #1. This is a photo of the reticle in a 6x Meopta scope.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Back when you could use the custom shop at Leupold, I had a 1-4 VX2 converted to German #1…..best thing I ever did with a Leupold LPV. I love it and the Trijicon triangle post, for at least half of the hunting I do.
[Linked Image]

Here's another you might like, the Trijicon German #4.
Thank you, friends, I really appreciate the suggestions! Now at least I have some ideas as to what to look for.

Happy New Year to you and yours!
© 24hourcampfire