Home
Posted By: Teal B14r Carbon needs a scope - 01/01/23
Through some bits of fortune, I ordered a B14R Carbon rifle for pretty cheap.

Wondering what I should top it with. Plinking and they do some NRL22 style rimfire matches here too which has my interest.

I was thinking of swapping my 6x MilQuad over off my Montana and finding something lighter for that as I don't dial the Montana really. But I like that scope as is a lot so maybe not.

Current SS scopes all seem to be out of stock and I've not bought a scope in forever.

Anyone got some ideas? Not looking for blister pack price but not Nightforce either.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Teal Re: B14r Carbon needs a scope - 01/01/23
Also - assume 100 yard sight in, 20 MOA rail necessary?
One of these on a 20 moa rail will get you to 500 without using the reticle. For under 3 bills....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Interesting.... right in the budget wheelhouse too
My B14R Carbon came with a 30 MOA bergara rail.........so yours should as well.

I have a trijicon credo 4-16x50 on mine.........but If I was shooting competition, I'd go FFP
Originally Posted by screaminweasil
My B14R Carbon came with a 30 MOA bergara rail.........so yours should as well.

I have a trijicon credo 4-16x50 on mine.........but If I was shooting competition, I'd go FFP

Thanks. Good Intel. What's your take on the rifle itself?
Posted By: EdM Re: B14r Carbon needs a scope - 01/01/23
My exact same rifle wears a Vortex 3-12x42 Diamondback HP that Euro-Optic had on clearance some time back. It is fine to 100 yards with a 0 MOA rail. Parallax adjusts down to 30 yards, optically spot on, dialed in to zero was also spot on. It's an 18 oz, 12 1/2", 1" diameter basic duplex scope made in the Philippines. Still a bargain IMO.

https://www.sportsmans.com/hunting-...-3-12x-42mm-rifle-scope-v-plex/p/1422443
Love it.......really nice action for a "rimfire" bolt gun. Very accurate and lightweight. I can't imagine you won't be pleased. I've got around 2,000 rounds through mine without issue. Owned it for about 4 months now.
Excellent trigger that breaks clean at 2lbs without any adjustments made on my end. I purchased the gun brand new from a local farm store.
Looks like a fun rifle!
Originally Posted by screaminweasil
Love it.......really nice action for a "rimfire" bolt gun. Very accurate and lightweight. I can't imagine you won't be pleased. I've got around 2,000 rounds through mine without issue. Owned it for about 4 months now.
Excellent trigger that breaks clean at 2lbs without any adjustments made on my end. I purchased the gun brand new from a local farm store.

Good to hear. I'm looking forward to playing with it this summer for sure.

Spare mags are impossible to find right now it seems.
Posted By: EdM Re: B14r Carbon needs a scope - 01/01/23
Mags do seem to be a problem these days. I bought up on them days after I bought the rifle a little over a year ago. It shoots pretty well at 50 yards.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire