Home
Posted By: centershot Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/10/23
This could be an adventure.......I have a Nikon Prostaff EFR 3-9x40 that has been on a Beeman 7 spring air rifle for 5-7 years. While cleaning the lenses the other day I noticed the eyepiece lens had worked loose and is rattling around in the housing. So this morning I called Nikon to see what the deal is with warranty now that they no longer do rifle scopes. I was given an address and am to ship it in. They said on the phone that if it is not repairable that they will credit me to the Nikon Store. I hope they fix the scope and send it back as these are excellent air gun/rimfire scopes. Anyway - here goes with Nikon warranty. Will post how it goes for those that own Nikon products.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/11/23
Enjoy your new binoculars!
Posted By: BobbyTomek Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/11/23
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

This forum is rife with assumptions and incorrect data to the point of being laughable.

For those who care about facts, Nikon still does service scopes if parts are available for the model in question.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/11/23
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

This forum is rife with assumptions and incorrect data to the point of being laughable.

For those who care about facts, Nikon still does service scopes if parts are available for the model in question.

I didn't provide any data, so I am not sure why you made that part of the comment.

I did make an assumption. I figured it would be smarter business for Nikon to issue a $200 credit that the OP could use on binoculars, than it would be for them to spend time diagnosing the issue, sourcing the parts and repairing it.
Posted By: BobbyTomek Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/11/23
The "data" portion wasn't directed at you but stated as a general observation of the optics forum in particular.
Posted By: Couesdeer Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/11/23
Last spring I obtained a Nikon Monarch 8-32x50 that was missing the threaded ring over the objective. I called Nikon to see if they had the part. The customer service rep told me that if I really liked the scope, not to send it in. They are no longer working on scopes, and when one comes in, they immediately issue credit at the Nikon store. Long story short, I had no intention of keeping the scope, so I sent it in and was issued $960 and some change to use in their store for that particular scope. (I think I had $200 invested in the scope).
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/11/23
I'm providing a data of 2.....Monarch scopes my son had on his .22's for years. He sent them to Nikon to fix, they wouldn't/couldn't, and they gave him a total of $500 in store credit. You'll have better luck high jumping 7ft in the next Olympic games than betting on Nikon customer service. They suck.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/11/23
All good things must come to an end, even “Lifetime Warranties”. At some point, parts are going to dry up, and staff that can properly service discontinued products will move (or pass) on. It’s not reasonable to expect a company to go on fixing stuff they no longer make after a reasonable time period, and compensation in the form of credit on stuff that’s currently in production (and serviceable) is pretty fair IMO. Sounds like they’re being pretty generous with the amount as well.

OTOH, it annoyed the crap outta me when they stopped making scopes because I felt it was prompted by the same woke BS that caused B&L to take their name off of sports optics.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/11/23
Have you tried ABO USA or Parson's?

ABO USA INC.
14041 SW 139th Ct.
Miami, FL 33186
(786) 701-9144
(786) 701-9144

Parsons Scope Service
PO box 192
Ross, Ohio 45061
Phone: 513-867-0820

Been a long time, don't know the current status of either of these.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/11/23
no dog in this fight. it does look like they're issuing good values to their Nikon store but how overpriced is a Nikon store? and of course if you need a scope that does use zero good..
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/11/23
Originally Posted by Pappy348
OTOH, it annoyed the crap outta me when they stopped making scopes because I felt it was prompted by the same woke BS that caused B&L to take their name off of sports optics.

Same here.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/11/23
Do you know why they stopped making scopes?

Factory rep told me that hollywood was putting pressure on them to stop making them . Hollywood buys lots of high dollar movie cameras from nikon and they basially told them to get out of the rifle scope business or they would cameras elsewhere.
Posted By: Motown Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/12/23
[
Posted By: Region6 Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/12/23
Sample of one, they didn’t fix the scope, got a Nikon credit.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/12/23
The lifetime warranty that my Frankenstud Sling Keepers carry is "my lifetime"

When I die I won't be much help to you.....
Posted By: kappa8 Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/13/23
Originally Posted by srwshooter
Do you know why they stopped making scopes?

Factory rep told me that hollywood was putting pressure on them to stop making them . Hollywood buys lots of high dollar movie cameras from nikon and they basially told them to get out of the rifle scope business or they would cameras elsewhere.

The same hollywood which makes bazillions creating shoot e'm up action movies using Nikon equipment.

A different riflescope rep claimed the enviro whackos threatened Nikon with full-on assault against their binocs and other birding equipment which apparently made more money than the sporting optics division. Who knows what to believe.

I've got four Nikon scopes which have performed flawlessly and were great values.
Posted By: centershot Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/16/23
Well somewhere in the 7 years that I have owned the scope I misplaced the receipt. They state that the original receipt must accompany scope for warranty service. Will try without, but not looking good.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/16/23
Originally Posted by centershot
Well somewhere in the 7 years that I have owned the scope I misplaced the receipt. They state that the original receipt must accompany scope for warranty service. Will try without, but not looking good.

That sucks..
Posted By: Craigster Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/16/23
Originally Posted by Region6
Sample of one, they didn’t fix the scope, got a Nikon credit.

Sample of two, buddy sent a scope in, he settled for binoculars.
I have a Nikon EER 2x pistol scope on a .44mag that finally died. Gonna go red dot anyway. May as well get credit I guess.

So what are these NIKON STORES that are mentioned?
Posted By: centershot Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/17/23
From what I can tell the "Nikon Store" is an on line outlet for their products.

Said scope is in the mail, will see how it goes. I have original box, warrantee paperwork - everything but the receipt. Will see if they take care of it or not. And if I ever own another Nikon product or not.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/17/23
Two things.............

If I have a Nikon scope, and if it goes kaput, the chances are very good that I'm going to be needing another scope, not credit at the Nikon store.

Secondly, I happen to like Nikon scopes, especially those with the BDC, but the fact that they are no longer made or under warranty means that the prices that you see some people still asking for them seem very unreasonable.
Posted By: Lucas1 Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/17/23
Originally Posted by centershot
And there's the kicker. They expect you to keep up with a receipt for the amount of time that you have it. The ink will fade on the receipt if you don't make a copy. Companies know only 5 percent of people will do that if that many. Kohler wouldn't honor their lifetime warranty on their cast iron sink that chipped in two years because of that.
Posted By: centershot Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/20/23
It looks like Nikon will repair it under warranty. I received an email with a "Nikon Service Acknowledgement_Estimate" pdf that I electronically "Ok" or deny. The estimate was for $0.00. So I checked OK and sent it back. So far they have been very good to deal with and quick. I don't have the scope back in my hands yet but would imagine another week or so should have it.
Posted By: centershot Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/24/23
Well just got a email saying that they can't economically fix it and gave me a voucher for $139.99. Looks like a new rangefinder will be on it's way soon.
Posted By: 338reddog Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/24/23
Did they make you supply a receipt?
Posted By: centershot Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/24/23
No, but I did have the warranty card.
Posted By: Jim270 Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/25/23
I picked up two of their Black 1000's when some company, I think Mid South was having a clearance on them. The price was for about a third of what they went for new, but the warranty was good for 90 days after the purchase. On one of them the windage knob broke before the 90 day warranty expired and I got a gift certificate for 499 and some change to spend at their online store, amazingly enough they had a pair of binoculars for the same price as their certificate, so that's what I ended up with.
Posted By: centershot Re: Nikon Scope Warranty - 01/25/23
Was trying to decide what to buy for $139.95 when a coworker said his kids needed a rangefinder. So added $50 to the credit and have a rangefinder on it's way. Was really hoping they would fix the scope as the 3-9x40 EFR's were excellent 22 scopes. Bright and clear with AO and target aperture. But someone up the ladder decided they need to go WOKE and messed up a good line of scopes.
© 24hourcampfire