Home
I am primarily a hunter who also enjoys shooting at the range (out to 500 yards.) I am wanting to scope my '06. I think I am happiest with a simple holdover reticle vs the dialing. I have never had a FFP scope, and was thinking of looking for one. I know Athlon makes them at a very attractive price point, but to a guy who uses mostly duplex or a scope with 2-3 hash marks, those reticles look way to busy and fussy. My buddy has a Vortex of some sort that is FFP, and I looked through it. To my eyes, it was a distraction and actually seemed to hurt image quality. I really did not like it. So as I asked, is there a FFP scope with simple holdover marks that won't break the bank? Thanks!
How about the Meopta Optika6 3-18x50 RD FFP - BDC?

Timing is great as we are starting our SHOT Show Week Sale tonight at Midnight, however, if you call us, 516-217-1000, the sale starts when the phone rings lol
Try and grab a SWFA SS 3-9x. Simple FFP reticle and very well-suited to general hunting.
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Try and grab a SWFA SS 3-9x. Simple FFP reticle and very well-suited to general hunting.

For sure
For $460 this Element Helix 4-16x44mm FFP scope ought to be right up your alley, and it comes with the rings.

Element Helix 4-16x44 FFP - APR-2D MOA Riflescope #50047 + Warne Maxima Horiz. LOW 30mm Rings 513M

Link

Phil
Although I too would prefer the SWFA 3-9, I would think that a "simple" mil dot reticle would be one's best option for what the OP seeks.

Having just now looked at the link provided by gr8fuldoug, I stand corrected.
The Meopta is among the most simple of holdover reticles I know of.
I have a Burris XTR II with the G2B mil dot reticle. I was looking for a compromise between using the reticle for elevation and windage, and ability to be usable on low power. I live in Missouri and much of my hunting occurs in timber where shots are 100 yards or less. I also make a yearly trip out west where shots are typically much longer. This reticle seems to fit the bill for both, especially with the lighted feature.
Yep, great glass too.
If you can differentiate between .3 to .5 mils ,(some can’t), and price isn’t an issue, I suggest Schmidt Bender Klassik 3-12x42 30mm Reticle P3. It’s a FFP mildot model…Works perfect as a duplex on lower powers and starting around 6x becomes a useful mildot reticle.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Originally Posted by rgrx1276
If you can differentiate between .3 to .5 mils ,(some can’t), and price isn’t an issue, I suggest Schmidt Bender Klassik 3-12x42 30mm Reticle P3. It’s a FFP mildot model…Works perfect as a duplex on lower powers and starting around 6x becomes a useful mildot reticle.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Yep ^^^^^, this is the answer to a simple FFP reticle if you can swing it. I have the Precision Hunter model of the S&B Klassic and it has the same mildot reticle, the P3, as the standard Klassic but with turrets you can dial one revolution. I hope to purchase another when they become available again.
Thanks guys, Some solid scopes here!
Another vote for the S&B. They are as a rugged of a scope with top tier glass that you'll find. With others it seems there's trade offs between ruggedness and view.
Well a S&B 3-12x42 P3L just sold in the classifieds for a very good deal for someone. You got to be quick and I was not.
This
© 24hourcampfire