Home
Posted By: MCMark Joining the Leupold cult :D - 01/20/23
I dood it! I finally joined!

Attached picture Leupold.JPG
Good luck!!!
Great eye relief, super easy to get behind, good glass, good reticle, almost guaranteed to be "interesting" getting it sighted in. Will probably stay put once you get it there.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Joining the Leupold cult :D - 01/20/23
Don't forget to tap on the turrets after adjustments.
Looks like an ebay special Chinese knockoff to me.
Posted By: Motown Re: Joining the Leupold cult :D - 01/20/23
Originally Posted by screaminweasil

I was actually thinking the same thing. Pretty sure that scope is not legit.
Originally Posted by Motown

I was actually thinking the same thing. Pretty sure that scope is not legit.

But hey, testing has proven the cheap Chinese Leupold knockoffs are actually better than the real thing.
Posted By: MCMark Re: Joining the Leupold cult :D - 01/20/23
Sad to report that Leupold says its a fake frown
Posted By: hanco Re: Joining the Leupold cult :D - 01/20/23
Got faked out, sorry, got a few Leupolds, never had problems with them.
I like Leupolds but have sent more back for repairs than all others combined, have two I need to send in right now.
Originally Posted by MCMark

Did you buy it off Amazon? If so, you should be able to return it.

If you bought it off ebay, good luck.
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk

No, traded a guy for it frown
Posted By: jk16 Re: Joining the Leupold cult :D - 01/20/23

Call Leupold with the serial number marked in the turret base. They will tell you if it is legit.
Originally Posted by jk16

Call Leupold with the serial number marked in the turret base. They will tell you if it is legit.
I emailed them, Leupold says that the serial is a couterfit non leupold.
Posted By: JeffP Re: Joining the Leupold cult :D - 01/20/23
Originally Posted by FSJeeper
But hey, testing has proven the cheap Chinese Leupold knockoffs are actually better than the real thing.

I don’t care who you are, that’s funny!!!!
Posted By: Japlvr Re: Joining the Leupold cult :D - 01/20/23
I was a die hard Leupold guy 20+ years ago. Then I saw the light & realized that Nikon Monarchs & Bushnell Elites were better than the "Gold Ring" brand. I am down to my very last Leupold a Vari-X 2-7x Compact. For the right price, I will probably sell it off.
Originally Posted by JeffP
Originally Posted by FSJeeper

I don’t care who you are, that’s funny!!!!

I guess if you consider being dumber than a box of schit funny, then I would agree !!!!
Posted By: WAM Re: Joining the Leupold cult :D - 01/21/23
I had a flawless 1.5-4x VV-II on an AR before the tragic boating accident and a 2-7x on a .308 that has been fine. I have a 3-9x40 CDS on a .35 Whelen that’s about to hit the road. I’m not a Louie hater, just know that there’s better glass around.
There isn't better glass for the coin than a VX5HD 3-15x44 despite retards parroting Leupolds suck. But, lesser grade Leupolds have always been living off the brand name, which has lost some ground since the 90s.

VX5HD are Leupolds only reliable dialing scope besides the Mark 5Hd 35mm tube beasts.

Those who actually shoot know these things. Those who are retarded buy Chinese Leupold knockoffs from eBay and post about it in the fire.
Congrats OP....your a fuggin dumbass. if you didn't see in 2 seconds from pictures that was a fake, you deserve to be duped.
Hilarious
Ouch about the knockoffs. I’ll cut the OP some rope since it was a trade item.

I agree, buying a scope that could be mass produced by China clones, especially a Leupold, on eBay. Is urber risky.

As for the Mark5. I’d like to own one.

🦫
Oh....sorry ....."Kinda"....OP.

Skipped over the traded for it part. My bad. But,.if trading you need good pics and if you have any experience whatsoever, you would have spotted fake assed Leupy in a picture.

Hopefully you learned a lesson here.
And if the bastard you traded has anything to do with this site.....out that piece of Sh+it
My condolences....
Better save this thread with a real Leupold.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
I have “cured” a couple of lower tier Leupolds of adjustment vagary by running the knobs end to end a couple of times as I saw recommended in an John Haviland article. Still, my Burris, Trijicon, SWFA, etc etc haven’t needed that treatment.

I ran into that issue the other day, but with a Sig Romeo5 of all things. Adjust, nothing, adjust, big jump, adjust back, ta dum ta dum ta dum. Have another on the way, so we shall see if that’s typical or a fluke.
Posted By: MCMark Re: Joining the Leupold cult :D - 01/23/23

Skipped over the traded for it part. My bad. But,.if trading you need good pics and if you have any experience whatsoever, you would have spotted fake assed Leupy in a picture.

Never owned a real leupold so I didn't know what to look for frown
Good news though, looks like the guy is going to take back the scope, he didn't know it was a fake either.
Posted By: MCMark Re: Joining the Leupold cult :D - 01/23/23
Congrats OP....your a fuggin dumbass. if you didn't see in 2 seconds from pictures that was a fake, you deserve to be duped.
Hilarious
Really, if you've never owned a leupold, I'm sure you'ld not now either. Nice to kick a guy when he's down......
Hey man, chit happens. Dont let the debbie downers drag you under with them. Easy to get taken these days. Glad the guy you traded with is willing to take it back. Unfortunately we live in a world full of crooks
Hilarious
Really, if you've never owned a leupold, I'm sure you'ld not now either. Nice to kick a guy when he's down......

I feel bad that you got a fake. Really, to be honest, the new Leupolds look like schidt anyway. So I can see it happening. The VX3I models look like china tool over in the design department over the VX3 models they were replacing. The old Leupolds are great looking scopes though.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Joining the Leupold cult :D - 01/23/23

Good news though, looks like the guy is going to take back the scope, he didn't know it was a fake either.

Good to hear it.

You learned a lesson. Hope you get something nice and legit for yourself.

No idea why some spend energy to post insults and kick a guy when he is down.
Posted By: Dre Re: Joining the Leupold cult :D - 01/23/23
Originally Posted by kenjs1

Good to hear it.

You learned a lesson. Hope you get something nice and legit for yourself.

No idea why some spend energy to post insults and kick a guy when he is down.

Wouldn’t be a proper fire thread if someone doesn’t try to belittle someone
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I ran into that issue the other day, but with a Sig Romeo5 of all things. Adjust, nothing, adjust, big jump, adjust back, ta dum ta dum ta dum. Have another on the way, so we shall see if that’s typical or a fluke.

Sounds like my Swarovski z5 5-25X52. I finally got it zeroed though.
MCMark: Better late than never!
Long live Leupold & Stevens Corporation - a fine American Company.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: dale06 Re: Joining the Leupold cult :D - 01/23/23

Who sold you the fake?
Posted By: hanco Re: Joining the Leupold cult :D - 01/23/23
I hate it when I get faked out
Get a Burris E1 or Fullfield II. The FF won’t be a lot more than a bootleg Leupold (less if you include the heartache).
I have had excellent service from my Leupolds. Burris are being replaced. Poor service if any and poor quality scopes too often.
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
I have had excellent service from my Leupolds. Burris are being replaced. Poor service if any and poor quality scopes too often.
Yep, last 2 new Burris' had issues. Sold one with the issues and buyer knew about that one. The other still needs to go back or go down the road with the issue known to buyer.

Those FFII are a $100 scope at best.
Surprised to hear that
Originally Posted by shootem
Get a Burris E1 or Fullfield II. The FF won’t be a lot more than a bootleg Leupold (less if you include the heartache).

I agree. The FFII in particular the 3-9x40 with ballistic plex reticle, have been very good. The newer ones don't seem to have as good of glass as the older ones, but they still work better than most Leupolds I've had. I am down to 1 Leupold rifle scope and it tracks and works well. The glass is not as good as a Burris FFII though. It's an older Leupold. I'm just glad it tracks well!!!! I'm hanging on to it!!!
Hilarious
Easy... he said he was new to Leupold and had no idea. No reason to bash him
To the OP, Leupold is where it's at...the are a solid compywith an excellent warranty.
She's slurring,while swiping punctuation and only shoots her mouth and Imagination. Fhuqking Hint...................
© 24hourcampfire