Home
Posted By: 450Fuller Bausch&Lomb scope issue - 03/03/23
Advice needed on an early BALVAR scope: reticle is canted badly in the "X" position rather than the normal "+" position of fine cross hairs.
Theses are fine crosshairs with Lee dot.
Some recommend unscrewing rear objective lens, then toothpick and good quality glue on small spots
at internal ring. Stay away from contact with cross hairs. Use a strong light.

Or send it in for repair......
Posted By: CGPAUL Re: Bausch&Lomb scope issue - 03/03/23
If you value the scope, send it in for repair....if not, DIY.
Posted By: erich Re: Bausch&Lomb scope issue - 03/03/23
Most of the old Balvar scope are readily available and probably cheaper than a repair.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Bausch&Lomb scope issue - 03/04/23
Is Parson's Scope Service still around? They did an old, (early 60's), Bausch & Lomb Balscope 60 spotting scope for me a few years ago. It had a lens inside the main body come loose. Did nice work except it took almost 3 years to get it back. I e-mailed them after a couple years and they said they were a bit behind, but I told them I just wanted to know if it was still there. Luckily I wasn't in any hurry to get it back. Forgot the price, but it was very reasonable and they did excellent work.
Posted By: Jason280 Re: Bausch&Lomb scope issue - 03/05/23
I *think* Bushnell will still warranty the older B&L scopes...but I have no idea if they have the ability (or even desire) to repair one. May be worthwhile to give them a call Monday and ask.
Posted By: Dioni Re: Bausch&Lomb scope issue - 03/10/23
I really doubt Bushnell still has parts. It sounds like they're not even repairing much more recent models
Posted By: keith Re: Bausch&Lomb scope issue - 03/10/23
I sent in a 2x8 where the power ring locked up, they sent it back to me saying that it was out of warranty.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Bausch&Lomb scope issue - 03/10/23
Uh…. Is this one of the ones that uses an adjustable mount? If so, loosen the rings, turn it straight, tighten the rings….😛
© 24hourcampfire