Home
Been looking at various unboxing videos for the Holosun HS507C X2 and HE507C-GR X2 sights and some of them show a picatinny mount included with the sight ala the Burris Fastfire, but then some of them just have the sight with no mount attached.

The Holosun website doesn't mention any mount in the "In the Box" section. However, their website has lots of incorrect/conflicting product info and non-functional links so that doesn't really mean anything, but retailer's websites that show new sights with a mount included can possibly have equally misleading or out of date info as well.

If you've bought one of these two sights in the last few months, did you get a picatinny mount included or not?
I did a year ago
They come with a mount.
Mine came with one
I've gotten two in the past couple of months, came with RMR plate. no picatinny
I just bought a 407 yesterday and it didn't come with a mount. A buddy bought a 507 maybe 6 months ago, and it didn't either. In all my looking before I bought mine, I seem to remember reading that they used to, but no longer do.

I seem to always want a reflex sight mounted lower than a pic mount and rail will let me mount it anyway, so didn't bother me in the least.
I emailed an ebay seller about his pictures of a 507 that showed with and then without the mount, he wrote back that the original release of the 507 included the picatinny mount but it's no longer included.

Not a deal breaker, for a handgun I'd use a lower mount as well. I've put red dots (Romeo5 and Fastfires) on several rifles including a couple of centerfires and like how that works but even the 2 MOA dot tends to obscure smaller targets when you get out to 200 yards or so.

Reason I'm looking at the Holosun is the circle reticle, which mimics a globe and circle front sight on a rifle in some ways. I looked through a Holosun at a gunstore using the 32 MOA circle to center stop signs and license plates and such out 100-200 yards, it's a little too large for the finest precision work but not bad at all. The eye will naturally center things in the circle and the target is not obscured. Very few folks make direct red dot mounts for rifles but pic rails are everywhere. The fact that it can go on a pistol when and if I choose is gravy.

Just kind of a wild hair but wanted to see if the pic mount was included before plunking down my money.

Now I see Holosun offers their 507 COMP model with a huge window and broken circle reticles of 8, 20 and 32 MOA. Hmmm....
There is a hash mark on the outside of the circle at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock which aids in alignment when using the circle only. Rather accurate in my experience
I just bought a 507k x2 green last week and it didn't come with one. The 510 is a built together pic unit.
My 507k did not come with one either.
Was looking at the 507 to replace a Burris Fastfire that has started blinking every couple seconds....don't have any stores that carry them even close to me....would the bases made for a Fastfire fit a 507 ?
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
Was looking at the 507 to replace a Burris Fastfire that has started blinking every couple seconds....don't have any stores that carry them even close to me....would the bases made for a Fastfire fit a 507 ?
No. The Fastfire uses the same mounting footprint as the Vortex Venom or Viper, also more or less commonly known as the Docter footprint. Holosun uses the RMR/Trijicon footprint which is described by some as the most common industry standard, shared mainly by multiple obscure and fringe red dot manufacturers that few people have ever heard of - except for Trijicon and Holosun.

A thesaurus will show that a common synonym for the word "anarchy" is "red dot footprints". There are at least four different mount footprints that I know of shared by a few sights each and my knowledge is very limited so there might be more. Then Sig Sauer tells everyone to go screw themselves with their own footprint(s), I think.

There are some charts hidden on websites here and there showing which sights use which mounts, but even those will sometimes use a different term to describe the same footprint as someone else.

Here is a decent one: https://www.egwguns.com/blog/2021/07/22/test-block-head/

Fwiw, EGW seems to have some good resources to figure all of this out but you still need strong search-fu to find them.
For those who don't wish to follow links, I basically paraphrased the EGW article, a snippet of which is presented here:

"The phenomenon of mounting a dot to guns has exploded within the past few years. Originally an aftermarket customization, more and more manufacturers are now making their firearms optics ready from the factory. There are still tons of guns on the market that are not red dot ready though. We understand it can be cost prohibitive to modify a slide. A few hundred dollars for the modification added to the (potentially) hundreds of dollars in optics. At that point, you are stuck with the mounting footprint that you chose, so if the industry evolves (which it NEVER *sarcasm* does) you better hope they choose to move forward and innovate based on the footprint you had milled into your slide.

Speaking of footprints, there are 4 major footprints used to mount the red dots and it feels like every manufacturer seemed to have used a different one just to spite you and us. Some even go so far as to use different and proprietary footprints on similar models of guns, thus confusing the end user even further (you know who you are, Sig Sauer)."
One of mine did, one did not.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
© 24hourcampfire