Home
Posted By: HShunter36 Kahles Helia Scope Question - 04/18/23
Have the opportunity to purchase a used Kahles Helia C 2.5-10x50. It’s like new with box and materials. Family friend asked me to offer him a fair price. Can’t find much on the web for used/new values. Having never owned one I’m interested in opinions from those that have.

Currently using mostly Nightforce, S&B, Trijicon, and Swarovski on my hunting rifles.
I can't comment on the price in your market, but I own several Kahles Helia scopes. They are very well made and I rate their quality on a par with the S&B, Swarovski, and Zeiss scopes I also have. A n unusual bonus of Kahles scopes is that their service department will fix their old scopes if that becomes necessary. I had a 40 year old Kahles in claw mounts that came with a nice Krieghoff Drilling that developed a leak in the lens seals. Sent it back to Austria, they completely refurbished the scope. Way less cost than having new claw mounts fitted. You don't get that kind of service with most other makes.
Originally Posted by castnblast
I can't comment on the price in your market, but I own several Kahles Helia scopes. They are very well made and I rate their quality on a par with the S&B, Swarovski, and Zeiss scopes I also have. A n unusual bonus of Kahles scopes is that their service department will fix their old scopes if that becomes necessary. I had a 40 year old Kahles in claw mounts that came with a nice Krieghoff Drilling that developed a leak in the lens seals. Sent it back to Austria, they completely refurbished the scope. Way less cost than having new claw mounts fitted. You don't get that kind of service with most other makes.

I was not aware of that...definitely worth the price of admittance.
Originally Posted by HShunter36
Have the opportunity to purchase a used Kahles Helia C 2.5-10x50. It’s like new with box and materials. Family friend asked me to offer him a fair price. Can’t find much on the web for used/new values. Having never owned one I’m interested in opinions from those that have.

Currently using mostly Nightforce, S&B, Trijicon, and Swarovski on my hunting rifles.

Tough to pin a price on one but I think the low end would be about 750.
Posted By: SDHNTR Re: Kahles Helia Scope Question - 04/19/23
I sold one a couple years ago for $800, IIRC.
Posted By: WAM Re: Kahles Helia Scope Question - 04/19/23
Offer him $800. A great scope!
Appreciate the information. Sounds like a good one to have.
© 24hourcampfire