Home
Posted By: EJKELLEY Riton hunting scopes - 04/24/23
Two questions. Where are they made/assembled? And some feedback please?
Posted By: hazer Re: Riton hunting scopes - 04/25/23
Made in Arizona USA. Owned by veterans and law informant. I have 2 and they are more clear than leupold vx11 or vx111. In my opinion. Great warranty also. If there is a problem they don’t fix the scope they send a new one.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Riton hunting scopes - 04/25/23
Originally Posted by hazer
Made in Arizona USA. Owned by veterans and law informant. I have 2 and they are more clear than leupold vx11 or vx111. In my opinion. Great warranty also. If there is a problem they don’t fix the scope they send a new one.

LOL
Posted By: EdM Re: Riton hunting scopes - 04/25/23
From their FAQ's...

Where is your final assembly?

We source all of our raw materials and use overseas assembly based on price point. Our optics have hand sourced Japanese or Chinese glass and have final assembly in Japan or China depending on price point.
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Riton hunting scopes - 04/25/23
From their website.....

We source all of our raw materials and use oversees assembly based on price point. Our optics have hand sourced Japanese or Chinese glass and have final assembly in Japan or China depending on price point.

https://ritonoptics.com/support-faqs/
Posted By: Overkill45 Re: Riton hunting scopes - 04/25/23
OMG that crap is too funny. Some guy that thinks Riton chicom crap is made in the USA. Do people usually type stupid shyt without looking it up first?

They offer one scope assembled in the USA. Most of their garbage is made in China. The top tier is made in Japan at Japan Optics. The same place that made scopes for Crimson Trace and Brownells. Those were not all that great either.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Riton hunting scopes - 04/25/23
Originally Posted by hazer
law informant.
[Linked Image from geo-media.beatport.com]
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Riton hunting scopes - 04/26/23
A buddy of mine bought a Riton. He became kinda huffy when I suggested one of the best deals, a Super-Chicken.

Says he only buys American-made.....grin
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Riton hunting scopes - 04/26/23
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
A buddy of mine bought a Riton. He became kinda huffy when I suggested one of the best deals, a Super-Chicken.

Says he only buys American-made.....grin

Had a guy at work tell me Arken optics are made in Germany
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Riton hunting scopes - 04/26/23
I have a Riton. It's a Japanese made scope. I got it for a very good price. Eye relief is short. Mounting length is short. Glass and reticle are good. Adjustments seem pretty precise. Decent in low light.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Riton hunting scopes - 04/26/23
Japanese-made scopes can be very good.

I just thought the statement this guy made was, well, ironic.

The only scopes I have any real reservation with are the Chinese-made ones. Back before I could afford scopes like NightForce, I found that the Philippine-made models were very serviceable, Japanese-made were out of my putting 3 kids through school budget. At least they contributed to the deaths of a lot of deer. Savage 110s and Tasco scopes!
Posted By: 4th_point Re: Riton hunting scopes - 04/26/23
I thought Riton went out of business, but I was obviously wrong about that.

Looks like they had a 50% off sale last month, but some decent discounts are still available from dealers.
Posted By: bman940 Re: Riton hunting scopes - 07/04/23
I just noticed that Riton has a big 4th of July discount. 40% off at Ritonoptics.com . The scopes I have all perform fine and I do appreciate the price point.
Posted By: longshot3 Re: Riton hunting scopes - 07/05/23
I have two Riton scopes. They both perform and track flawlessly
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Riton hunting scopes - 07/05/23
Pretty much like tract most likely. An optics company that slaps their name on optics from the orient. Probably decent scopes if they are Japan made.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Riton hunting scopes - 07/05/23
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Pretty much like tract most likely. An optics company that slaps their name on optics from the orient. Probably decent scopes if they are Japan made.

Like most everyone else.
Posted By: KH1473 Re: Riton hunting scopes - 07/05/23
^^^^ this
Posted By: Oakster Re: Riton hunting scopes - 07/06/23
heavy arent they?
Posted By: GRG Re: Riton hunting scopes - 08/09/23
I have three Riton scopes, bottom end, one up the ladder a little and a top end. Weight wise they are comparable to most others. Quality all seem good. Great company to work with on Mile/Leo discount and warranty is call them and they email a return. I returned 1 scope as the focus seemed to drift and they didn't even want to discuss it as far as maybe it was something I should try to work out. They had a new scope to my door 7 days from when i dropped mine off at the post office.
I think they do a sale each year with huge discounts I believe to clear out old model year inventory.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Riton hunting scopes - 08/09/23
Not a scope, but I recently bought a Riton red dot. It was defective out of the box. It's on it's way back. Based on the grossly exaggerated eye relief claim on the Riton scope I bought and this red dot, I don't see any reason to ever spend money on a Riton again.
Posted By: jlink280 Re: Riton hunting scopes - 08/14/23
I put one on a 700ml after talking to the LGS, he said they were the most popular scope for him that fall (2021). Its a 4-16 primal my only complaint at the price point I got mine would be the eye relief. Takes a second to get the reticle into focus for me but no issues with tracking or holding zero. For a sub 200 scope they are worth a look.
Posted By: AZ Southpaw Re: Riton hunting scopes - 08/23/23
I grew up on old hand-me-down steel Weavers, then moved to Leupold once I started buying my own scopes (35-40 years ago). I'm a bolt-action and single shot hunting rifle type person. I'm not a fan of high-power semi-autos, including AR platform guns. But, I do have a Ruger MPR and when it came down to put glass on it I decided to try the Riton 1-8X. The price was ok and I liked the Tucson connection. The optic is heavy, but it balances out well for me on the 18" MPR.

Because of the size of the ocular assembly, and partially because of the overall weight compared to something like the Leupolds, I don't see a Riton working out for me on any of my hunting rifles. But, it works well on the AR's pic rail where I have options on where to place the scope rings.

When it comes to tracking and sighting in the Riton, it was pure pleasure and beat the heck out of any Leupold I've used in the past couple of decades. And, Riton's QD mounts work as advertised returning to zero when removed, then replaced.
Posted By: Dubiedog Re: Riton hunting scopes - 09/09/23
This is a reply I received from Riton after emailing them a few questions about their product line:

1 Series:
1in tube
Chinese production

3 Series:
30mm tube
Chinese production

5 Series:
34mm tube
Chinese production (excluding Thunder Ranch LPVO & 5 Tactix 1-6 which are Japanese)

7 Series:
34mm tube
Japanese production

Primal:
Classic hunting scope styling
capped turrets

Conquer:
Precision shooting focused
Open turrets w/ Zero Stop

Tactix:
Tactical application inspired.

I’ve had a X7 Conquer 3-18x50 for a while, and it has been superb! It’s a heavy 34mm tube, both of which are unnecessary as far as I’m concerned, but to get the features I was after this was what’s offered. The reticle is what separates this scope from others. It’s personal preference, of course, for others probably hate it. I picked mine up for about 1/3 of retail, which made it a complete steal! The magnification ring was quite stiff but improved with some use.
© 24hourcampfire