Home
I’ve got a VXR 4-12X50 on one of my rifles and a couple VX5HD’s 3-15x44’s on a couple other rifles, but it seems in low light the VXR has the edge. Is it the 50mm objective or was the glass better in the older VXR?

Or am I losing it?
I was wondering how the VX-R stood in Leupold’s lineup myself. I asked the Leupold guys at their display at the NRA Annual Meeting. The verbatim reply was “somewhere between the VX-2 and VX-3.”

I couldn’t believe the Leupold guy said that because, in my eyes, it surpassed the VX-3 In clarity and light transmission significantly. I had two of them and they were fantastic scopes. Others must think the same way because they sure do bring a premium now.

You may be a little crazy, but you’re dead on in this case.🤣
Only advantage I see is the 2-7x33 which they really need to bring out in the current line. Slick for a lever action or single shot
I had a 3-9x40 VX-R for a while, and now have three VX5HD’s 3-15x44’s.

I would say that the bigger 50mm objective is a good bet for the brightness you are getting.
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
I had a 3-9x40 VX-R for a while, and now have three VX5HD’s 3-15x44’s.

I would say that the bigger 50mm objective is a good bet for the brightness you are getting.

I agree ^^^

Hard to compare the two scopes if they have different size objective lens's. not really an apples to apples comparison.
Yes you are.
© 24hourcampfire