Home
Posted By: manyshots Gosky spotting scope ? - 08/06/23
A friend of mine that does a lot of long range shooting and competition showed me the spotting scope he was using. It's a gosky20-6- x 85 ED. He is very happy with it. looking through it it appeared very bright and clear. I have never heard of the brand before. Any experience here with these spotting scopes?
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: Gosky spotting scope ? - 08/06/23
Do you mean Go Sky ? If so:

https://goskyoptics.com/
Posted By: manyshots Re: Gosky spotting scope ? - 08/07/23
thanks I was just wondering if any one had actually used their spotting scopes
Posted By: DicknJane Re: Gosky spotting scope ? - 08/07/23
Junk
Posted By: manyshots Re: Gosky spotting scope ? - 08/07/23
??
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Gosky spotting scope ? - 08/08/23
Ask yourself......how good can an 85mm spotting scope be that costs $200? Think about it.
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: Gosky spotting scope ? - 08/08/23
The Go Sky 20-60×85 ED model referenced in the OPs post gets pretty good reviews for optical quality in the birding community. They have a lot of similarities to the Celestron Ultima ED line.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Gosky spotting scope ? - 08/08/23
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Ask yourself......how good can an 85mm spotting scope be that costs $200? Think about it.

Could be excellent if it's stolen. 🤣
looks like another company that is private labeling orient made optics. nothing really wrong with that, but it does come down to the company and how stable they are. My son bought an athlon ares. I was very impressed with it. if I wanted a cheap spotting scope that would be what I would buy.
Posted By: manyshots Re: Gosky spotting scope ? - 08/08/23
the 20_60 x 85 is significantly more expensive than the lower level Gosky spotting scopes. retail close to $800.

I got to look at one and the optic's are very good. But optic's don't have much value is the internals are fragile. That was why I was asking if any one had hand on experience with them. Also I can't find where they are made. I am guessing China??? In which case I would pass but if Japan I will look seriously at getting one.
The C.O.O. is published on several sites.
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Gosky spotting scope ? - 08/08/23
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
The C.O.O. is published on several sites.

Just not this one.

Why the secrecy?

Let me guess, because they are made in China.

https://www.google.com/search?q=whe...789j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Just not this one.

Why the secrecy?

Let me guess, because they are made in China?

No "secrecy.....not sure how you twist that around. The man asked a question and I gave him a bit of info.

End of story.
Posted By: manyshots Re: Gosky spotting scope ? - 08/12/23
Thank you for the responses. You helped me make a decision to not purchase said spotter. I think I may go with Tact.
© 24hourcampfire