Home
Posted By: ccrifles Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 10/22/23
Midway has a sale on the 1-4x Bushnell Elite for $134, if anyone is looking for a reasonably priced low powered scope. Just got mine and I'm very impressed with the brightness and clarity, especially considering the price. Getting harder to find low powered scopes.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/102489474?pid=677221
Posted By: dave284 Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 10/23/23
That is a good price. I was about to order one the other day on sale for $179.00 but then I ran across an actual blued scope to go on an older blued rifle, so...
Posted By: cas6969 Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 10/23/23
Everyone's dumping them. Your's might be the first positive review I've seen. lol
Posted By: erich Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 10/23/23
I almost ordered one a few months ago but they were out of stock. I have one on order now. Hoping it is Elite quality at Banner price.

There is nothing about this scope that would endear it to any new scope buyer, I only a 4x zoom, plain duplex, no turrets, no 50+mm objective and no illumination. You probably can't kill beyond 50yards at high noon.

It sounds like the perfect coyote calling scope. It's going on a 20P carbine that is wearing a 1.5-4 Leupold Freedom right now. Flat enough shooting to hold on fur to 300 yds. Bright enough to kill a coyote as early or late as you can see one coming to the call with your bare eyes. Nice uncluttered reticle for fast acquisition and precise enough for coyote size targets. I have hunts planned in AZ and Co plus the whole season in NM.
Posted By: EdM Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 10/24/23
Just back from a couple of weeks overseas and mine was here. So far, just handling/fiddling/viewing/adjusting with it I am impressed. My Ruger 44 Carbine should be a good test vehicle. I have read many positive reviews though who knows? $140 ain't gonna kill me...
Posted By: ccrifles Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 10/24/23
For my needs a 2.5X would suffice, but the only option I see is a Leupold 2.5x for $299. I see the Leupold 1-4 Freedom is also $299. I have an older VX II 1-4, and the Bushnell"s optics appear clearer. How it will hold up we'll see, but at $140 it seems to be a serious bargain.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 10/25/23
I bought one last year to put on my .30-30. It’s a lot better than the old Bushnell I put on the gun 20 years ago. It’s clear and while I paid more than the Midway price, I was only in it for $170. For that price, I’d say it’s a good scope.
Posted By: EdM Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 10/25/23
Originally Posted by cas6969
Everyone's dumping them. Your's might be the first positive review I've seen. lol

The vast majority of reviews I have read have been very positive. Where are you getting your information?
Posted By: JakeM78 Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 10/25/23
I have had one for about a year and I'm more than pleased with it. The eye relief is great and constant, though I usually only keep it on 4x. Life would be easier and lighter if you could still buy a quality 4x and 6x scope.
Posted By: johna1 Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 10/25/23
I just bought a Trophy XLT 1-4x24 Riflescope .223 Drop Reticle for one of my sons' Christmas gifts this year.

I opened it up and looked through it and it looked really good. Nice and clear. I wasn't a huge fan of the reticle, but it's what he asked for, so...

I have a bunch of their older 1-4 and 1-5 shotgun scopes. I like those reticles a lot better. They're more like a traditional crosshair with a small circle around the center of it.

Great for close in work for coyotes for sure.
Posted By: EdM Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 10/25/23
Amazon is selling them for the same price.
Posted By: erich Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 10/26/23
Midway is the seller on Amazon. I bought mine through Amazon.
Posted By: erich Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 10/27/23
I mounted mine today and it is everything I want and then some. It is as clear, the reticle is heavy with just a small center X, now fisheye on 1x and windage and elevation adjustments that can be set to zero when sighted. Tomorrow it gets sighted in and maybe a coyote stand on the way back from the range. I put it on a Rem 788 in 222 Rem.
Posted By: erich Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 11/06/23
It's been to the range and it is all I expected. I even ordered a second one, seems Everytime I find a scope I really like the discontinue. I guess I take after my uncle, he owned a Nash, Kaiser-Fraser, Hudson I don't think he ever bought a car that they didn't quit making.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 11/06/23
Exactly where are you getting that info from? Ive owned numerous 4500 elites and all have been very good scopes for the money. None have failed me yet and the glass has been great
Posted By: EdM Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 11/06/23
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Exactly where are you getting that info from? Ive owned numerous 4500 elites and all have been very good scopes for the money. None have failed me yet and the glass has been great

I asked the same question above with no answer provided. Just another one...
Originally Posted by EdM

Been around all series of Elites from B&L days through the current Elites from Bushnells. Luckily I guess I have yet to see a bad one.

Still using a B&L Elite 3000 4-12x.
Posted By: EdM Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 11/06/23
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by EdM

Been around all series of Elites from B&L days through the current Elites from Bushnells. Luckily I guess I have yet to see a bad one.

Last week I picked up a mint Bushnell Elite 3200 4-12X for $100 at a LGS. I will mount it tomorrow on my recently acquired Rem 700 ADL 6.5 Creedmoor. Looks like a nice piece that received solid reviews in the day.
I like em.

Only issue I have ever had is with a 4-12x. The rubber came off of the ocular. No big deal at all.

The Rainguard is a definite plus on the 3200 and up series of scopes.
Originally Posted by EdM

I've got a Bausch & Lomb Elite 3000 and a Bushnell Elite 3200. Both 3-9x40. Mechanically they're both still sound. Both were decent scopes for the money in their day however optically they're both inferior to my VX-1's and II's, my Weaver classic V's and my Nikon Pro-Staffs. Frankly they're some of the worst scopes I have left on centerfire rifles in both light transmission and resolution, which is why they're on rifles I don't use much anymore.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 11/07/23
Originally Posted by EdM

Figured as much
Posted By: erich Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 11/07/23
I took mine to the range Sunday and I'm impressed. I ended up with it on a Rem 788 222 Rem and the max at the range is 200yards . The glass and reticle allowed me to shoot sub MOA groups at 200. I really like thAt the turrets can be set to zero after getting it sighted. I can easily change settings for my fox and cat load and just return the settings back to zero for my full power coyote loads. I hopefully can get a.coyote.stand in this evening.

I like this scope so much I just might take the VX-3 1.5-5 off my 25-204 big game rifle and put the second Elite 1-4 on it. I bought a second one as it seems as soon as I like a scope they quit making it.

The 222 will be hunted in AZ, CO and NM for coyotes.
Posted By: prose Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 11/08/23
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by EdM

I've got a Bausch & Lomb Elite 3000 and a Bushnell Elite 3200. Both 3-9x40. Mechanically they're both still sound. Both were decent scopes for the money in their day however optically they're both inferior to my VX-1's and II's, my Weaver classic V's and my Nikon Pro-Staffs. Frankly they're some of the worst scopes I have left on centerfire rifles in both light transmission and resolution, which is why they're on rifles I don't use much anymore.

I disagree strongly with your statement about the inferiority of the 3200 to VX-1's, II's, Weaver classic V's and Nikon Pro-Staffs. None of those are fully multi-coated and none of those particular lines are anywhere near the quality of a 3200 with argon. If the comparison was with a more modern VX2 or VX Freedom, Weaver Grand Slam, or Nikon Monarch? Possibly or likely. You are comparing the early 90's to the late 2000's. Owning all of the scopes mentioned here, I would say that the Elite 3200 is definitely bested by a VX3 or better, but an old VXI, VX-1, VXII, VX-2, VXIII, VX-3 don't compare. Not even close. Weaver classic V is like a bushnell banner. And pro-staffs are nikon's worst. The buckmaster is far better and sucks compared to an elite 3200.
Originally Posted by prose
Originally Posted by EdM

I disagree strongly with your statement about the inferiority of the 3200 to VX-1's, II's, Weaver classic V's and Nikon Pro-Staffs. None of those are fully multi-coated and none of those particular lines are anywhere near the quality of a 3200 with argon. If the comparison was with a more modern VX2 or VX Freedom, Weaver Grand Slam, or Nikon Monarch? Possibly or likely. You are comparing the early 90's to the late 2000's. Owning all of the scopes mentioned here, I would say that the Elite 3200 is definitely bested by a VX3 or better, but an old VXI, VX-1, VXII, VX-2, VXIII, VX-3 don't compare. Not even close. Weaver classic V is like a bushnell banner. And pro-staffs are nikon's worst. The buckmaster is far better and sucks compared to an elite 3200.
I don't give a shyt if you disagree or not. I just had all those scopes to the range for the umpteenth time the other day and I know what I see. My rifle with the Weaver V-9 was fired directly after my rifle with the 3200 and the difference in resolution was plain to see. I also live where there are coniferous woods right out my back door. I have taken all of those scopes/rifles out back multiple times and compared them side by side at o dark thirty and the 3000 and 3200 always come in dead last when it comes to low light visibility. In other words they're the first ones to become unusable as the light fades to darness time after time. Which is exactly why they no longer reside on my deer hunting rifles.
If that had a one inch tube, I would jump on it.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 11/08/23
So, where are they made?

Oops, found it on the Bushnell site of all places, South Korea!
Originally Posted by EdM

I don't give a shyt if you disagree or not. I just had all those scopes to the range for the umpteenth time the other day and I know what I see. My rifle with the Weaver V-9 was fired directly after my rifle with the 3200 and the difference in resolution was plain to see. I also live where there are coniferous woods right out my back door. I have taken all of those scopes/rifles out back multiple times and compared them side by side at o dark thirty and the 3000 and 3200 always come in dead last when it comes to low light visibility. In other words they're the first ones to become unusable as the light fades to darness time after time. Which is exactly why they no longer reside on my deer hunting rifles.
Exactly why I didn't disagree. Everyone's eyes see differently.

My bud cannot stand the Bushnell Elites and was a big fan of the various Pro Staff series of scopes. I could never get them clear to my eyes and always had that tunnel. Yes, good scopes but useless to me.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 11/09/23

Yup. I suspect that is responsible for a lot of “issues” people have with optics. Color perception varies. Some pupils are able (or not) to dilate more than others. And some, I think, either can’t or don’t know how to focus properly. Personally, newer scopes that have more threads on the ocular focus better for me, and some older ones just don’t.

Anyway, I’ve never had a bad Bushnell scope, from Banners through Elites of various levels, though the 3200 3-9 wasn’t a favorite. I’m rolling the dice on one of these using some Amazon points and figure it’ll work well on a .22 mag upper I have on the way. The 4” ER sold me. 120 moa ain’t bad either. Wish it was a 1-6…..
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Yup. I suspect that is responsible for a lot of “issues” people have with optics. Color perception varies. Some pupils are able (or not) to dilate more than others. And some, I think, either can’t or don’t know how to focus properly. Personally, newer scopes that have more threads on the ocular focus better for me, and some older ones just don’t.

Anyway, I’ve never had a bad Bushnell scope, from Banners through Elites of various levels, though the 3200 3-9 wasn’t a favorite. I’m rolling the dice on one of these using some Amazon points and figure it’ll work well on a .22 mag upper I have on the way. The 4” ER sold me. 120 moa ain’t bad either. Wish it was a 1-6…..
I've had several Banners shyt the bed over the years. Those were all older ones made in Japan and Korea. I doubt the new chinkenese ones have improved them. I won't buy them anymore.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 11/09/23
Nothing stays the same…..
Posted By: EdM Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 11/09/23
Pappy,

I think you will like the scope. No frills. I am still sorting where mine will land.
Weaver classic V is like a bushnell banner.

Uh ... NO.
Posted By: Bull64 Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 11/12/23
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Weaver classic V is like a bushnell banner.

Uh ... NO.
Originally Posted by EdM
Pappy,

I think you will like the scope. No frills. I am still sorting where mine will land.
Got mine headed this way.

Like you I am not 100% sure where it's going to be put into service but leaning towards my 6.8 SPC upper.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 11/18/23
Well, EdM was correct, I do like the scope. Put it on my .22 mag upper and it worked like a champ. Lots of latitude in the 4” eye relief. Only minor gripe is that the zero markers (not stops) seem a bit flimsy, but they are just markers and don’t really do anything.

$134.99 on Amazon right now. Ships from Midway who also has it for the same price and free shipping. I used some points to save a bit more.
I ordered two, today. For the cost, they should be good replacements for a couple of red dots I have on AR uppers.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 11/26/23
Thanks to the OP for bringing this to our attention. I just ordered one. Looking forward to getting it.
Posted By: erich Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 12/08/23
I've got mine up and running.

First coyote with the Elite 4500 1-4, 1x at 28 paces about 25 yards, I'm short.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Posted By: Jason280 Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 02/02/24
Midway still has these on clearance, just ordered one myself. Hard to pass up for $125, I'll likely end up mounting on a 16" AR in 6.8 SPC.
Posted By: EdM Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 02/02/24
Midway currently offers free shipping. I just ordered another one, $134 delivered.
I just bought another one, as well. For $125, and free shipping, having another one around is a good idea!
Posted By: Buzz Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 02/02/24
Add me to the pile that just ordered one. I'll stick it on my 300 AAC AR.
Posted By: Troutnut Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 02/02/24
Ordered one as well. Thanks for the heads up , now to figure out what to put it on. Just when I thought I had everything figured out.
Posted By: EdM Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 02/02/24
Damn Midway. I ordered mine at 10 this morning and it shipped at 1 this afternoon.
Posted By: Jason280 Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 02/03/24
Yeah, free shipping is honestly what convinced me to go ahead and buy the scope.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 02/03/24
I ordered one no free shipping to Alaska
Posted By: Troutnut Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 02/06/24
Just got mine in. Nice scope but much heavier than I expected
Originally Posted by kk alaska
I ordered one no free shipping to Alaska
I was charged shipping on my first order, but I used the "free shipping" code with the most recent one I ordered. When they run their "free shipping" specials, I can get free shipping on most items, but I've never gotten free shipping with their "ships free" tag on the item.

I don't understand it, but that's the way it seems to work, so I try to wait for their "free shipping" code. Luckily, they seem to have it just about every weekend.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 02/06/24
I used the free shipping code, I have called in the past and they said no sometimes, if you do a return on free shipping they will back bill you for the shipping!
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 02/07/24
Mine came in today 3 days from when I ordered it, seems clear and nice, a little heavy.
With this 1-4 scope, Anybody able to recreate this rotating lense party trick with some healthy recoil?

Saw some other "verified" purchase reviews with the same party trick. 1 guy was using a slug gun.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: KEVIN_JAY Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 02/07/24
Another baby rattle for stick.
Posted By: Jason280 Re: Bushnell Elite 4500 1-4x - 02/09/24
Originally Posted by Troutnut
Just got mine in. Nice scope but much heavier than I expected

Yeah, they are deceptively heavy....but not terrible. Glass is definitely better than the $125 price.
© 24hourcampfire