Home
What’s your preference and why?
I’m having a tough time thinking why I wouldnt be better off with the vx-freedom for similar $$ for my kids rifles. Am I wrong?
For your kids rifles Freedom will be fine, I personally prefer older models because I have been using then for decades and don't like their new stuff, I traded VX3hd for older VX3, don't like their zero lock either.
I’d take the older vari x 3 over any of the new freedom or rifleman series.
I would take the older Vari x III or VX 3 over the Freedom. I believe they are more reliable and made to last. They have cheapened up so much on the newer scopes, reliability is a problem. The older scopes are rock solid.
Originally Posted by MRKbass2
I’m having a tough time thinking why I wouldnt be better off with the vx-freedom for similar $$ for my kids rifles. Am I wrong?
Why would a kids rifle be any different than your own rifle?

The scope doesn't know whose rifle it's mounted upon.
VX III........Better scope.
VX III........Better scope.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by MRKbass2
Why would a kids rifle be any different than your own rifle?

The scope doesn't know whose rifle it's mounted upon.

I love getting shaken down by someone who doesn’t understand that it’s not wise to put a $1500 Swarovski on a 9 yr olds rifle lol
Originally Posted by sidewinder72
I would take the older Vari x III or VX 3 over the Freedom. I believe they are more reliable and made to last. They have cheapened up so much on the newer scopes, reliability is a problem. The older scopes are rock solid.

I agree, even the older Vari-X IIc is better. If you have to have Leupold, just for the name. For a real good user scope, I'd look at the simple, yet effective Burris FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex reticle. Teach them right with a scope that has useable hash marks for reaching further out. Excellent for hunting. JMHO
I would go with an older VX 3 or Vari xiii.
© 24hourcampfire