Home
Posted By: Jim_Stewart El Paso Weaver T-30 - 02/28/24
I've been offered a Weaver T-30 target sight. What's a reasonable price for one of these in excellent condition, please?
I'd say anything in the $275-$350 range.
Tightest eyebox of any scope I’ve used. Try it before you buy.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: El Paso Weaver T-30 - 03/02/24
The T Series Weavers with Micro-Trac were developed in the '70s when metallic silhouette shooters found that most scopes lacked reliable repeatability. They filled that need very well. They were never known for optical excellence. It wasn't a priority for offhand shooting at high contrast steel animals. They are what they are. These days it seems that shooters want a scope that can discern individual hairs on an animal's ass hundreds of yards distant. The market is the market.
Posted By: 3dtestify Re: El Paso Weaver T-30 - 03/02/24
Originally Posted by Tackdriver22250
I'd say anything in the $275-$350 range.
Stroebel’s latest book says $350-$550 depending upon condition. I’ll take a guess & say in today’s market, $350 in excellent condition, IMHO.
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: El Paso Weaver T-30 - 03/02/24
These scopes track like they're on rails. Optics range from decent to sketchy. Optical Services can do any service you may need. Whether it's right for your applucation is up to you. -Al
Posted By: Jim_Stewart Re: El Paso Weaver T-30 - 03/02/24
Thanks for the information. Looks like the $300 price offered to me isn't out of line.
© 24hourcampfire