Home
Posted By: Darryle Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/10/24
Yay or Nay?

Thanks
Posted By: sidepass Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/10/24
Used them with no issues but its been better than 10 years ago.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/10/24
Originally Posted by Darryle
Yay or Nay?

Thanks

Have bought stuff there...few yrs ago

No issues/problems

I always suggest CameralandNY first

Doug & Joel being sponsors here

They may have the same product & less $$

https://cameralandny.com/

https://www.bearbasin.net/Rifle-Scopes-s/1814.htm
Posted By: Dale K Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/11/24
Used them off and on over the years also. No problems.

Dale
Posted By: Darryle Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/11/24
Looking at a Meopta Meostar fixed, pretty sure they are the only one's who claim to have it in stock.
Posted By: EdM Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/11/24
Originally Posted by Dale K

Dale

This.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/11/24
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Dale K

Dale

This.
Same.
Posted By: Bull64 Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/11/24
Looking at a Meopta Meostar fixed, pretty sure they are the only one's who claim to have it in stock.
Might better call.They make a lot of claims about stock…
It's a California company with a pile of crappy reviews. What's not to like?

https://www.yelp.com/biz/bear-basin-outfitters-walnut-creek
Posted By: BobbyTomek Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/11/24
I used them a couple times many years ago but then had a bad experience that soured me on ever using them again. I ordered a scope online, paid by CC and waited...and waited. They finally admitted they did not have it, never actually had it and likely never would. It took a long while, but I finally got credited back the $$. After that, I noticed they showed things in stock that were no longer in production and that they never had in stock. As recently as 18 months ago, they still showed the full line of Docter scopes as being in stock, but those had been out of production for years and had never actually been in stock at Bear Basin. They did finally remove those listings.

If you call and verify availability, you'll likely be fine. But I no longer trust their online offerings.
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
I used them a couple times many years ago but then had a bad experience that soured me on ever using them again. I ordered a scope online, paid by CC and waited...and waited. They finally admitted they did not have it, never actually had it and likely never would. It took a long while, but I finally got credited back the $$. After that, I noticed they showed things in stock that were no longer in production and that they never had in stock. As recently as 18 months ago, they still showed the full line of Docter scopes as being in stock, but those had been out of production for years and had never actually been in stock at Bear Basin. They did finally remove those listings.

If you call and verify availability, you'll likely be fine. But I no longer trust their online offerings.

They are still showing Weaver Super Slam and Buckmaster scopes in stock.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/11/24
+1 on what Bull64 and Bobby stated. Several years back I ordered....and nothing. No call, no email, no status. Finally had to contact them to find out the scope wasn't available.
Posted By: 257Bob Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/11/24
I've ordered from them several times over the past decade, generally good services. The last order took over a month to ship, when I called they said they were way behind in processing orders and were focusing on "law enforcement orders first", who knows, they may have not had the product in stock. Would choose them only if I could not find same product elsewhere, as a last resort.
Posted By: CRS Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/11/24
Originally Posted by Bull64

Yep
Posted By: Dinny Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/11/24
Reminds me of Optics Planet. Wasn't it discovered they were playing the float and making interest off people's money when items were ordered but not in stock and not expected to be anytime soon?
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/11/24
Originally Posted by Dinny
Reminds me of Optics Planet. Wasn't it discovered they were playing the float and making interest off people's money when items were ordered but not in stock and not expected to be anytime soon?
That place is a joke.

Had some of my $$ for a while on something that was showing in stock but wasn't.
Posted By: Darryle Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/12/24
Originally Posted by Bull64

Thanks for the heads up guys, I will probably just order the S&B from Optics Trade EU
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/12/24
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
+1 on what Bull64 and Bobby stated. Several years back I ordered....and nothing. No call, no email, no status. Finally had to contact them to find out the scope wasn't available.

+2
Posted By: easttex Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/12/24
I'll pass thank you.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/12/24

I have used them over the years. The last being 3 years ago. They had the best price on a pair of Nightforce optics I purchased. I had to call to make the purchase with a card, they did not have online purchase options. But, that was not a deal breaker.
Posted By: CRS Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/13/24
I am done with optics planet also.
Posted By: WAM Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/13/24
I ordered some bases and rings from them years ago. Took forever and a couple of calls to get them weeks and weeks later. CameraLand NY and that’s about it online.
Posted By: BobbyTomek Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/13/24
CameraLand is always my first choice and a business I highly recommend. I've posted before about my positive dealings with them and how they've helped folks with issues even when they weren't the sellers, but here's one example from quite a few years ago. Doug had posted a list of some demo optics, including a few that were one-only items, so I got on the phone and ordered. Turns out, someone else placed an order at virtually the same time as I did and got the only model available. But instead of contacting me to tell me the bad news, they called me to tell me they were sending a BRAND NEW scope at the special demo pricing. It just doesn't get much better than that...

EuroOptic is also good to deal with, and I've been very pleased with Optics Trade EU out of Slovenia. They'll often have items you won't easily find here in the states.
Posted By: slm9s Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/13/24
Bear Basin never had very good prices anyway. I rarely even looked there.
Posted By: JeffP Re: Bear Basin Outfitters?? - 03/13/24
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
CameraLand is always my first choice and a business I highly recommend.

+1
Just wish they carried March scopes
© 24hourcampfire