Home
Posted By: Coton Redfield Revolution - 04/01/24
Purchased an old Remington 788 with a Redfield Revolution on it today. It was a 4-12 and matte. So I removed the scope to put an old gloss Burris on it.
I saw it was USA made. I researched a little and decided to call Leupold. Gave them the serial number and model etc. "Sir that has our lifetime guarantee we made that one" I did not know Leupold would warranty them until today. Seems like a nice scope I just wanted a gloss scope on the rifle.
Posted By: andyrping Re: Redfield Revolution - 04/03/24
IMO the Redfield Revolutions were a great buy. Too bad they were discontinued.
Posted By: UncleAlps Re: Redfield Revolution - 04/04/24
That's a $200 scope worth $300 if you tried to buy an equal at today's prices.
Posted By: Dubiedog Re: Redfield Revolution - 04/04/24
They were simply a VX-I carrying the Redfield brand which Leupold owned at the time.
Posted By: TwoCup Re: Redfield Revolution - 04/04/24
I have a few and am especially fond of the little 2-7X's. If I remember correctly, Cabela's was blowing them out at $125 when they were discontinued. Wish I'd bought a few more.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Redfield Revolution - 04/04/24
When the Revolution was 1st introduced it was simply a VX-1 with Redfield badges on it. They sold for about $10 less than the VX-1 They offered no options as to reticle or other items to reduce costs. At that time, they were a decent deal.

But over time Leupold upgraded the VX-1 at least twice while not upgrading the Redfield. For $10 more you could get a lot more scope with a VX-1 after that.

They aren't a bad scope, but a current VX-Freedom is a lot better scope for $100 more than the Redfield sold for 20 years ago.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Redfield Revolution - 04/04/24
I purchased a Redfield Revolution 4-12x 40mm matte finish locally in the fall of 2011. Had it on a sporterized .303 Lee-Enfield No.1 Mk 4 until early 2020 when it got de-sporterized in Jan. 2020. Then it sat in the box a couple years and now it's on a T/C Encore rifle in 7mm-08. Never a problem with it. Mine has the "Accu-Range" reticle that cost a few bucks more than the standard reticle, IIRC. I heard they were just a VX-1 but back then I didn't know for sure. I like it, it was made by Leupold and I wasn't aware of the Leupold warranty still applying to these.
Posted By: wkndwarrior Re: Redfield Revolution - 04/05/24
I removed a revolution from a 788, I don't recall what was wrong with it but now I'm going to see if I can find it in my junk pile and get it warrantied. Thank you for sharing the info.
Posted By: JDK Re: Redfield Revolution - 04/05/24
I’ve a 2-7 on my 7600 carbine which has been a good scope. Thinking it has what would be considered a wide duplex reticle. I shoot that rifle weekly to keep my eyes sharp. Not a ton of rounds but I’d think enough to show problems. At times I consider replacing and then ask myself why.

A local store had 2-7 and 3-9 for less than $100. Wish I had also bought a 3-9
Posted By: ihookem Re: Redfield Revolution - 04/05/24
I have 3 2X7's.. We dont shoot much anymore but they are right on every time I shoot. I got the first one for $139 plus tax. The others were $169.. Not bad. Had them 10 yrs. . But then again, we dont shoot much anymore. I almost always shoot my bow now days, so there's that..
Posted By: JDK Re: Redfield Revolution - 04/05/24
My 7600 originally had a Fullfield 2-7 and I much prefer the Redfield to that particular scope. I really like the Fullfield II line but didnt like the eye relief and fussiness of the eyebox.
Posted By: blairvt Re: Redfield Revolution - 04/05/24
I had a Redfield spotting scope that crapped out on me. Sent it to Leopold and they sent me a much more expensive Leopold replacement.
© 24hourcampfire