Home
Posted By: j_elky Sightron S-Tac scopes - 04/05/24
Anyone have experience with the Sightron S-Tac line of scopes? What say you all.....good, bad or ugly?

thanks.....Jeff
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: Sightron S-Tac scopes - 04/05/24
The three 4-20's and the two 3-16's of mine have been great -Al
Posted By: j_elky Re: Sightron S-Tac scopes - 04/05/24
Thanks Al!
Posted By: j_elky Re: Sightron S-Tac scopes - 04/05/24
Al - which reticle do you prefer?
I like the MOA in both. -Al
Posted By: Dubiedog Re: Sightron S-Tac scopes - 04/05/24
Fantastic scope line. Many say the moa-2 reticle is too fine, others want a smaller dot for precision work. You will have no issues with tracking, and the overall glass quality can’t be beat by many scopes at twice the price. The tall turret caps are a bit “dated” in design but functional and not trendy. The 3-16 has some distortion for me at 3x, but I also have astigmatism in my dominate eye. Don’t hesitate picking one up. I think you’ll be pleased with what the S-Tac offers.
A few of mine. The 3-16 MOA is a killer good long range 22LR scope on this Bergara. wink
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: aalf Re: Sightron S-Tac scopes - 04/06/24
Originally Posted by j_elky
Anyone have experience with the Sightron S-Tac line of scopes? What say you all.....good, bad or ugly?
Imma fan, have seven of them, all 3-15, all track great.

Duplex for a killing gun, MOA for good light use, whether hunting or plinking.
Posted By: steveredd1 Re: Sightron S-Tac scopes - 04/06/24
have 6, all 4-20, great scopes, all mine are plex, they track better than my Leupolds 8.5x25 LRT, took one off my AR that ill be selling soon
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Sightron S-Tac scopes - 04/06/24
Mine works as advertised. The only drawback with me is that I just don't like it as a hunting scope. For long range target shooting, it's great.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I just don't like it as a hunting scope.
Why not? Bigger than you prefer?
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Sightron S-Tac scopes - 04/06/24
They are the best target scope in their price range. Think SWFA with better glass. I wouldn’t buy one specifically for hunting, but like any scope you can use it for whatever you want. The MOA-2 reticle is awesome for short, mid, and long range work, would be marginal for low light hunting or shooting. If I was looking for a dedicated target scope, this is it. Never seen the plex reticle in this scope, but I would never consider buying a target scope like this with a plex. Just buy a hunting scope.
Posted By: pyscodog Re: Sightron S-Tac scopes - 04/06/24
I got one to and love it. I'd buy another in a heart beat.
Posted By: j_elky Re: Sightron S-Tac scopes - 04/06/24
Which reticle did you get?
Posted By: horse1 Re: Sightron S-Tac scopes - 04/07/24
I have the FFP 3-16 w/Mil reticle on a Kimber Pro-Varmint 223. It tracked well to sight in and has held zero ever since.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Sightron S-Tac scopes - 04/07/24
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I just don't like it as a hunting scope.
Why not? Bigger than you prefer?

I prefer a plain old duplex for hunting. I don't shoot over 3-400 yards, and don't really see a need for the reticle on the Sightron for that.
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: Sightron S-Tac scopes - 04/07/24
Both the 3-16 and 4-20 are available with Duplex reticles. One of my 3-16's is a Duplex.
Posted By: steveredd1 Re: Sightron S-Tac scopes - 04/07/24
only thing i dont like about the ones i have is the plex, little heavier than i like
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Re: Sightron S-Tac scopes - 04/08/24
Just a heads up, we have a couple of never mounted, as new, Open Box S-TAC's at very reduced pricing.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Sightron S-Tac scopes - 04/08/24
I've got a used 3-16 with the MOA reticle I'd sell for $230 shipped. Only selling because I replaced it with an illuminated S-TAC.
Posted By: Jim_Knight Re: Sightron S-Tac scopes - 04/10/24
I just put up a Big Sky 3x12x42 on the Classifieds.
© 24hourcampfire