Home
Posted By: BASIC TRIJICON ACUPOINT? - 06/22/07
Anyone use this scope in 1.5-4,good or bad?
Posted By: HunterJim Re: TRIJICON ACUPOINT? - 06/22/07
I had one on a .308 Win, and it worked there. I tried it on a leopard hunt, but could not see the cat when he came (I switched to an Accupoint 3-9X and made the shot later on).

I loaned the scope to a friend who put it on his .375 H&H and broke it (would not hold zero). My 3-9X has been on a .375 its whole life, with no problem.

I use the tip of the triangle for fine work on targets, and the whole thing in the field.

I think the scope I had was a problem child.

jim
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: TRIJICON ACUPOINT? - 06/23/07
Had one on an Armalite 223. It was the 3-9x40. A close friend still owns it. I like it in low light. Can't comment on the toughness, never had it on anything bigger.........
Posted By: Youper Re: TRIJICON ACUPOINT? - 06/23/07
I was interested in one till I saw the price. Do the optics justify that much money?
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: TRIJICON ACUPOINT? - 06/24/07
The scope itself is made by one of the very best optics firms in Japan. Some wil disagree, but that means top-notch optics.

I have been using a 1.25-4x for a couple of years on a hard-kicking, lightweight 9.3mm with no problems, and just started using their 2.5-10x56mm. Very fine optics, which have helped make shots out to 550 yards or so on prairie dogs.

JB
Posted By: BlueK9 Re: TRIJICON ACUPOINT? - 06/24/07
Been thinking fo getting one of these myself. MD, do you recommend the amber or red triangle?
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: TRIJICON ACUPOINT? - 06/24/07
Have used both, and darned if I can tell any difference. Since how bright they are is adjustable, both seem to work fine. I do know people who prefer one over the other, but there is no consensus.

JB
Posted By: BASIC Re: TRIJICON ACUPOINT? - 06/25/07
Thanks for the help.I can buy a Leupold 1-4 for half the price,I just don't know if the Trijicon is worth the extra money?
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: TRIJICON ACUPOINT? - 06/25/07
That would be your call. I like the optics in the Trijicon, and the reticle, but they are pricey.

JB
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: TRIJICON ACUPOINT? - 06/25/07
BASIC

There's more to life than economics. Take a chance, then give us a report on what you think. smile
Posted By: Steelhead Re: TRIJICON ACUPOINT? - 06/25/07
There's more to life than economics

grin............I'm living proof of that statement.
© 24hourcampfire