Home
I remember this one well...

10 Yrs..........

[Linked Image]

Some of you owe E much more respect than you give. Especially some of you newcomers who haven't [bleep] to contribute save cheap shots at him....
Posted By: WGM Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 07/31/07
I find E's constant harping on 'focusing a scope' to be tired and annoying ... but I'd have him at my camp anytime, and would love to hang at his camp as well ...

I poke at him from time to time, but it's only because that's how I am ...

and ...

damn, that's a nice buck ...
I have hunted that country with E on numerous occasions and have every intention of doing so again.

Do I agree with everything he says? HELL no!

Is he a bit set in his ways? Yes.

But anybody who judges him without meeting him is missing out on a helluva compadre.

I hope to run into him in Montana this year, since we both drew tags.

E: You really oughtta try a Conquest though. I heard they rock. grin

rb
BTW:

You'll see bigger bucks on the Internet and in magazines.

But THAT, gentlemen, is one HELL of a trophy. I can guarantee you it outshines in pure skill what many will ever do.

Could he have done it with a Conquest or a Schmidt and Bender? Absolutely.

But he DID IT with a Leupold, and I can't fault a man for sticking with what works for him.

Helluva buck, that, and no mistake!

rb
Those photos of E's desert buck were the best deer photos of the year. What a buck and what a tracking hunt to get him!

I've gained a LOT from E's posts, especially in backpacking, and admire him. Never followed any of the optics stuff but have noticed over the past few months a lot of playground style ganging up on him. The cheap shots merely diminished the shooters to me. I would value a hike or hunt in the desert with E.
Posted By: MtnHtr Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 07/31/07
Originally Posted by RickBin
BTW:

But THAT, gentlemen, is one HELL of a trophy. I can guarantee you it outshines in pure skill what many will ever do.

rb

Agree whole heartily and there is some tough hunting in that unit. Those are some of the smartest deer to hunt IMO.

MtnHtr
Posted By: GregW Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 07/31/07
Great buck and story....
Posted By: Daveh Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 07/31/07
That is a great buck. Great country and story.
Dave
E shoots at the same local rifle range I do.When I first met him I was sighting in a Rem 700 mt. rifle and was having a hard time getting any kind of consistent group out of it. He came over and asked if could look at the rifle, and found the forward action screw loose as hell. Something that I knew better of but overlooked.Point being he took the time to come over and give me a hand and introduce himself,and had a good afternoon of shooting and gun talk.And to top it off, he made no remarks of me using a Burris scope instead of Leupold!
Hes an alright guy in my book!
Posted By: CAS Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 07/31/07
I could be dead wrong, but I always envisioned the "posse" as a bunch of pointy headed geeks sitting around and fondling their superior glass, looking a squirrels in the yard through their outstanding optics, and gently stroking their barrels while dreaming about actually using some of their equipment.

All the while, E is out there hunting and killing with stuff that the "experts" say is inferior.

Theory is great, but experience trumps it every time in my book. E has the latter, the "posse" has the former.

I have met E in person. It was only for a short time over a quick meal, but I'd have the guy in my camp any time. The "posse" has read him completely wrong, IMO. He is a genuine, honest, and experienced gentleman.
they're ALL readin but they aint postin!!
Posted By: DMB Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 07/31/07
Bro Dave,

Excellent posting!!!
Maybe some of the guys can let "E" shoot their rifle with a Zeiss scope on it.... grin Then again, that Buck in the pix shot with a crummy Leupold says a WHOLE lot.... grin
Sorry guys but "E" needs to just fade away he is a silly old man who has lost his cognitive ability period I would suggest a good Neurologist. My abilities far exceed his in every respect as it relates to shooting and hunting I would stack my skills against his any day. That of course will never happen because if I brought a guy like him out to the ranch to hunt I would be ridiculed for doing so as soon as he opened his mouth and that would be from a couple of die hard Loopy guys. Well one is converting but the other doesn�t really care one way or the other.

I can�t help but wonder how much Rick would be supporting �E� if he was knocking the products he was selling???? It takes all kinds in this world and I am just glad that �E� has not been banned here like he has other places because I enjoy watching him constantly making a boob out of himself. grin grin grin

You know MD has to just cringe every time he invokes his name like a fire and brimstone Preacher standing in the Pulpit repeating the same statement �Listen to the good book according to John or you will go to the infernal regions�!!!! laugh laugh
E, that's a helluva buck!

BTW - who in the hell are the "posse"?
Rick,

I suspect E is a fine fellow in real life. Here in cyber space is is getting on my nerves. Although he admits to having never looked through a Ziess scope of recent vintage he jumps into every thread in which they are discussed.

It is all very predictable. He explains how anybody who prefers a Ziess to a Leupold for any purpose just has not done a good job of comparing the scopes.

We find out that practically nobody can properly focus a Leupold and that this has made us biased. We find out that euro scopes are going to fall to pieces if we actually shoot the guns they are mounted on. And we find out we are liars if we say we can focus a scope and that our euro scopes hold up just fine.

This creates the firestorm of rebutal that E was seeking,the thread is ruined and diverted and E proclaims that he wins again.Amazing in light of the fact he has never seen the scope in question. I suspect E believes that his personal relationship with you as well as his long history here gives him a right to a post whatever he wants.

If I did not own a Marlin rifle and had never used one made in the last 20 years,would it be reasonable for me to enter every thread about them,proclaim them to be inferior to another brand,and call into question the competence or integrity of anybody who disagrees with my conclusions. Would the resulting diversion of the thread and ruining of the forum be permitted.

Britt
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss
My abilities far exceed his in every respect as it relates to shooting and hunting I would stack my skills against his any day.

How about hanging a pic on one, even one single buck that compares to E's posted here that is even in the same class, whether score or difficulty in tagging?
Fair Enough--OK but you asked for it----this one was shot at the ranch and scored #65 in the state when it was shot. It is in the attic over the garage but I will take a pic and post it give me a few. You will notice that it scored
Gold but is not in the books and that is simply to keep poachers away from our place. To advertise on an internet chat board for that matter is not conducive to keeping poachers away which is an issue I fight 365/24/7.

Give me until this afternoon as I have it packed with some others----got to charge the camera as well. Put the MSCP on just so some would not just say I got the pic off of the web like some do around here.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

D
Pic wouldn't matter at this point. Bad manners and arrogance says it all.

My take from E's posts is he may well be as good a fisherman as Big Stick.
I wish you squealers would stick to the other E post. This one wasn't intended to be a platform for you hand-wringing Estrogen fits...
That is a great line, I am going to have a whale of a time using it on some locals.
J Stuart
I got a nice little invite from Boss Hog to meet him face to face in DFW. It's funny to PM people with 'wanna fight!?' messages, knowing full well you'll never actually meet in person. I guess he can call me a chicken now, since I probably won't rush out to buy a rt ticket from Paradise to DFW, just to meet him at the drugstore at high noon?

Think instead I'll just send him a little prize this afternoon....probably have to flush twice, to get it there in reasonable time.

I did learn two things about him today though. He can't spell wimp, and he obviously didn't know his Daddy well enough to learn any manners from him.

Who knows, maybe they lived by the road, growing up....
The Spelling was done on purpose !!! I never said anything about fighting--post the PM liar. Oh BTW might take that cull buck out of your sig line. blush
Posted By: Amax Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 07/31/07
Why keep draggin the E versus everyone else thing up. I have argued with E in the past, and he has made me type things I normally wouldnt type, but to post a topic like this is just begging for an argument. That being said I would love to hunt country like that with E, because I havent hunted a place like that before, and he seems to know his stuff when it comes to tracking and stalking.
I dont however agree with him on optics, and after letting him bother me for a while I decided to just not participate in his posts.
I think this board would be a better place if everyone just let it go and quit agging on the opposing sides.
Oh well my two cents and now I have got to go. Everyone have a nice argument free day for a change.

Amax
Dave,

Are you refering to me?

Britt
My abilities far exceed his in every respect as it relates to shooting and hunting I would stack my skills against his any day. That of course will never happen because if I brought a guy like him out to the ranch to hunt...

Boss, maybe I am understanding you wrong but are you comparing your ability to hunt your "ranch" to the ability to track down and kill an outstanding desert muley in his home desert? E's buck is a monster for his area, a far more difficult animal to get than most book bucks in places like Texas and Saskatchewan. No fences or property lines, no bait, no culling spikes, no towers, shooting houses nor tree stands...

Sometimes it is wiser just to let things go.

Originally Posted by Brother Dave
I got a nice little invite from Boss Hog to meet him face to face in DFW. It's funny to PM people with 'wanna fight!?' messages, knowing full well you'll never actually meet in person. I guess he can call me a chicken now, since I probably won't rush out to buy a rt ticket from Paradise to DFW, just to meet him at the drugstore at high noon?

You're kidding....One of the E-Bullys just challenged you to fight on the internet?!....The epitome of childishness.........School yard bullying at its best...or worst.

Casey
Oh BTW might take that cull buck out of your sig line. blush

Boss, when you can take a blacktail that big in true wet country, without a guide, then your comment wouldn't be so embarrassing to you.
Nope mine is not even a deer those are too easy --- I watch those with glass now and only shoot old ones that will make book (cull or wounded) and so far no luck except for one 2 years ago that I only got a 1 second look at. Last year passed on a couple that would have given 99% of the folks here wood. I kill hogs and exotics � had a funeral in Pecos last weekend but this weekend will be elk hunting to get rid of those and other exotics that left the high fence ranches when the low water crossings all washed out and they are now on the place. If I shoot one or however many I will post pics.

That is a very nice deer no if's and's or but's!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Okanagan

Boss, maybe I am understanding you wrong but are you comparing your ability to hunt your "ranch" to the ability to track down and kill an outstanding desert muley in his home desert? E's buck is a monster for his area, a far more difficult animal to get than most book bucks in places like Texas and Saskatchewan. No fences or property lines, no bait, no culling spikes, no towers, shooting houses nor tree stands...

...nor tame critters that have been running loose for a few weeks.....

Originally Posted by Okanagan

Sometimes it is wiser just to let things go.

Blaine tried mightly a few months back, I tried, a few others have tried, and it made very little difference with the E-Bullys.

Casey
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

You're kidding....One of the E-Bullys just challenged you to fight on the internet?!....The epitome of childishness.........School yard bullying at its best...or worst.

Casey

This thread, and in particular the initial post, is absurd. It tries to make an analogy to skill at one particular thing into credibility on another topic and the connection obviously is not there.

Its sort of like saying that because you can throw a ball through a hole in and wall (basketball) your an authority on car insurance.

Meanwhile I am trying to think of a way for Eremicus to get out of this mess he is in. I too like him but as others have said its got absurd.

BH,

What high fenced ranch did you kill that Auodad in?
Posted By: cfran Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 07/31/07
That is exactly right. On one side I believe he's a really good guy, no doubt about that. But on the other hand he's not afraid to call others a liar, or Euro glass crap - basically takes his shots without feeling any remorse. Now about 40 people stand up to him because he's out of line and people start feeling sorry for him.

Based on what I've seen over the past few days and his responses I feel E has some issues. I feel a bit sorry for him and wish he would stop posting as it's become quite embarrasing - he really deserves better.
Posted By: TC1 Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 07/31/07
I've told you girls this once before. I hate to be redundant, but,,,,,,,

I'm the only one with a valid opinion around here. As soon as the rest of you realize that I'm sure we'll all get along much better.

Terry
He took the aoudad out of the post didn't he?

Posted By: Teal Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 07/31/07
I put E on ignore along with F, N and L. Q is starting to pizz me off a bit so it is probably next if things don't change.

TC1 & teal,

Great big grins! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: DMB Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 07/31/07
Originally Posted by TC1
I've told you girls this once before. I hate to be redundant, but,,,,,,,

I'm the only one with a valid opinion around here. As soon as the rest of you realize that I'm sure we'll all get along much better.

Terry

Come on Terry, be reasonable. Do it MY way.... grin

Don
Posted By: jds44 Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 07/31/07
Wow, the great white hunter Boss Hoss kills whitetails and exotics on a ranch in Texas (almost certainly under a feeder, behind a fence) then claims to be a better hunter that E with his desert mulie and BrotherDave with his kickass AK blacktail.

Did I read that right? Surely I must have misunderstood?
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 07/31/07
Brother Dave - thank you for that POSITIVE post. It shows class in every way. Much appreciated.
The Spelling was done on purpose !!! I never said anything about fighting--post the PM liar. Oh BTW might take that cull buck out of your sig line. blush

Uh, Hoss...you might want to come to SE Alaska and hunt on your own, on public land, and kill any Sitka blacktail buck, before you start sniping at that one.

I have hunted in 15 states of the Union, as well as Africa -- and I can guarantee you that no big game hunting is as demanding and difficult as SE AK, day in and day out. Ain't no feeders nor fences here, bub, and the landscape can kill you quicker than the wildlife.

As far as picking a fight with Brother Dave, I'd sorta recommend against it whistle...

DN
Originally Posted by Gmoney
He took the aoudad out of the post didn't he?

I asked the question concerning what high fence he killed it on to ascertain if this indeed was the location of the kill.

The point I was going to make it that killing any exotic behind a high fence takes little skill and effort, on average. Killing a "trophy" doesn't really mean you are good or you hunted hard; it just means you forked out more dollars.

I was going to explain this to those who may not have the opportunities like we do down here.

To compare an auodad, if it was indeed killed behind a high fence, to a wild free ranging animal, especially a Coues or Desert Muley, in regards to "hunter skill level" is absurd.
Have to admit, thats quite a trophy display!! laugh
(The attic??)
I don't see what the problem is. Somebody ask the man for a picture and he posted one.

Terry
Posted By: Teal Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 07/31/07
the biggest problem is that flipping K is becoming a PITA - gonna ignore it's azz too if it don't learn some flipping respect.
Originally Posted by teal
the biggest problem is that flipping K is becoming a PITA - gonna ignore it's azz too if it don't learn some flipping respect.

PM me before it get's to T and I'll tone it down a little.

Terry
Originally Posted by TC1
I don't see what the problem is. Somebody ask the man for a picture and he posted one.

Terry

No problem except maybe for BH's credibility. The request/suggestion for BH to post was: "How about hanging a pic on one, even one single buck that compares to E's posted here that is even in the same class, whether score or difficulty in tagging?"

He posted it, so BH apparently thinks that a zoo exotic from a ranch in Texas compares with a free ranging desert muley in the hunting ability required to take it. Some hunters with broad experience disagree. That's all that's happening.

Never shot a dooudad myself, so I wouldn't know.
Heck, even if he posted a pic of a decent whitetail buck I would have been impressed. Anyone who claims to "only shoot old ones that will make book", and that "Nope mine is not even a deer those are too easy" ought to be able to post SOMETHING impressive.

The #65 Texas State Audad isn't even close to impressive, especially when popped behind a fence after having it's nails manicured and hair primped.

I would be impressed if BH spent a week in E's country and even SAW a deer. If by chance he stumbled across a spike-fork, it would exceed my expectation of his abilities.
Posted By: BMD Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 07/31/07
Dont know where it came from but all ranches in Texas are not fenced, and there are free ranging aoudads in the state that can be challenging, not sure where this one came from, but it sounds like you guys think every animal shot in Texas came from a High Fence ranch which is not the case. my .02 cents
No, I don't think that all animals in Texas are behind high fences. It is easy to draw that conclusion in BH's case though, since he spouts constantly about his fenced ranch and about all the shiny signs he has hanging on the fences.
BMD,

I tried to make that point in my post but it may have not been caught by some. There are free ranging "dooudads" in West TX, hence why I asked the question if it was a high fence kill or not. I know the answer now as the silence is deafening.

By no means am I trying to tell the public everything in TX is raised behind a high fence. This is far from the truth and I for one have never done it and don't ever intend to.

I'm done with this thread; I was just trying to portray information to validate the argument of hunting skill, or lack thereof, that was referred to in the latest pissing match. I felt it was only fair to give ALL information concerning the "trophy" (this is a debatable term to begin with) and potential skill it took to acquire such a beast, especially when the person at the blunt of the post was not present to defend the low blow directed his way.

Wasnt really referring to you, just reading the thread it appears that alot of people think we just sit at protein feeders behind a high fence , which is far from accurate. grin
The whole thing to me seems very comical. E has everyone exactly where he wants them. Troll these threads until everyone goes into a hissy fit while he sits back and watches it all unfold. After this dies down he'll start trolling again. I think this is about the 3rd or 4th time I've seen it. Classic.

Terry
Originally Posted by BMD
Wasnt really referring to you, just reading the thread it appears that alot of people think we just sit at protein feeders behind a high fence , which is far from accurate. grin

What's wrong with that.... blush

grin....
Don't doubt that some hunting in Texas is challenging, but anytime the words property or ranch appear, they signal limitations to far western hunters. Exceptions would be places like Douglas Lake Ranch in BC, probably larger than some states in New England, with no boundaries but a few drift fences and some calving or bull pastures.

I don't know exactly where E hunts but it sounds to me like the four boundaries of his area are the freeway between LA and Las Vegas on the north, Mexico on the South, the Nevada/AZ line on the east and the southern Sierra ranges on the west. The entire deer populaton of that area wouldn't equal the number of deer on some ranches in Texas. That's roughly 200 miles by 150 tapering to 75 miles. And maybe E hunts the deserts farther north, expanding the territory. The deer are natural to the area and wander anywhere they want in that space. Such big country with few roads etc. is why westerners tend to discuss methods of boning out critters and backpacking them out over in the backpack forum. ATV's often aren't legal even where they could go.

It's kind of apples and oranges. To far western stalkers and still hunters, it isn't fair but we sometimes think of eastern folks (and Texas is way east of the Pacific Coast) as tree and stand hunters. A good hunter in those places sounds to us like he is saying, "I can sit in an elevated stand better than you can." (Lord forgive me and bless the pygmies, or something like that. I need Boggy's prayer here bad.)

For most far westerners, with a few exceptions for pockets of river bottom whitetails and semi-urban blacktails, it is feet on the ground, getting out amongst 'em and going after them, and I'll bet that's true for several of the better hunters on this forum.

The tangent of this thread keeps increasing in its divergent angle. Wow.

Bottom line: E seems to me like a decent fellow, certainly a good hunter. I'll take your word for it that he's riled some folks with his persistence. That's not much of a reason for the E bashing, pile on, gang bullying posts.

Actually E is quite happily having a quiet discourse on another thread and so far as I can see he is attacking no-one, what is more the other posters are not attacking him.
Personally I have not found his posts objectionable, and he has made me think which is why I am frequenting these forums.
Regards, J Stuart.
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Actually E is quite happily having a quiet discourse on another thread and so far as I can see he is attacking no-one, what is more the other posters are not attacking him.
Personally I have not found his posts objectionable, and he has made me think which is why I am frequenting these forums.
Regards, J Stuart.

They aren't objectionable, never said they were. They are full argumentative statements and made up idea's. they aren't based on experience at all. Half the stuff he comments on he has no experience with. Most of it is just typed to draw a response, which it does.

Going to take the family out to dinner. Ya'll have fun. grin

Terry
Enjoy yourself Terry.
James.
Posted By: jds44 Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 07/31/07
Originally Posted by BMD

I know it's not the case in all of Texas, but it is the case in enough of Texas that people have that perception. The first thing that runs through my mind when I see a buck from TX is "high fence or free range?". That's probably biased on my part, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that has that question automatically pop into their mind when TX comes up.
I can understand that, I think the same thing especially if it is from South Texas, but at least not all of us hunt whitetails behind a fence. Thee auodads are free ranging in a couple areas in the state and can be a challenging hunt, I understand questioning but to just assume aint right.
Originally Posted by TC1

Terry

That's great!--Now there's two of us grin

Casey
Originally Posted by jds44
I know it's not the case in all of Texas, but it is the case in enough of Texas that people have that perception. The first thing that runs through my mind when I see a buck from TX is "high fence or free range?". That's probably biased on my part, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that has that question automatically pop into their mind when TX comes up.

Nope, you're not the only one.....

Casey
Posted By: tbear Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 07/31/07
I do a lot of hunting in Texas & my Aoudad came from a private ranch in the Davis Mountains. This was a free roaming hunt on over 100,000 acres & was as challenging as desert sheep hunts get. I have hunted predators on many private ranches with simple stock fences & it would certainly be called free roaming. I hunted one of the very big high fenced ranches for turkeys & it would have been challenging for most big game. Some exotics like Rams just are not wary regardless of how large the ranch. Now smaller pens thats something else as we all know.
Thats all I was trying to say!
Oh BTW might take that cull buck out of your sig line. blush

Aside from everything else, before calling that Sitka Blacktail a cull, you really oughta figure out wtf you're talking about.

On a high-fence, feeder-stationed, Texas whitetail ranch, that might be a cull.

In SE Alaska, in dense rainforest, no fences, no feeders, and only Sitka Blacktails, that's no cull.... it's very likely B&C, and not far back in the numbers either.

Calling that one a cull shows only two things: you don't know what you're talking about, and you don't know enough to know that.
T Oh BTW might take that cull buck out of your sig line. blush

Sorry to rip Dave's Pic, but anyone who thinks that this bruiser is a "cull buck" instantly loses all credibility about all things hunting.

Freaking fantastic buck, Dave!

[Linked Image]
Nice Buck!
If that's a cull buck, I'd gladly cull hunt with Dave any day... smile
Super buck -- well done!

Al
...course I'd gladly hunt with Dave any day regardless
It's only a trophy to me....grin...
Posted By: Jamie Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/01/07
The color of the horns is realy cool. I'm kicking myself for not buying a tag and going after a deer when I was up there last year.

Jamie
Posted By: MtnHtr Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/01/07
Dave,

Thats an awesome Sitka blacktail! I want one! grin

Whoever would call that a cull buck does not know his schit so to speak.

MtnHtr

Posted By: BMD Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/01/07
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by jds44

Nope, you're not the only one.....

Casey
Maybe we need to start a thread showing critters taken outside the fences in Texas, there is alot of land in Texas that is not behind a high fence!
Good try grin---they are still running around 12 years later. We still see them from time to time.
Look --- those animals have been running free for over 12 years and I shot that one about 10 years ago. Now that was a free range animal and I did not go on a hunt with DADDY's money! Post some of your book animals that were not paid or canned hunts or maybe any shooting contests you have ever won and I don't mean shooting marbles--------I thought so. grin

I have not ever had to pay to hunt and hopefully will not ever have to but that is not to say that I never will. Been thinking about going up north but really don't know if I could shoot a big bear. That would be a test of anyones mettle as the conditions are about as rough as it gets.
Look Mr. I hunt with DADDY' WARBUCKS money I never will nor never have EVER HUNTED HIGH FENCE!! You know that so try a different tactic. Can you say that-----thought so.
Look --- those animals have been running free for over 12 years and I shot that one about 10 years ago. Now that was a free range animal and I did not go on a hunt with DADDY's money! Post some of your book animals that were not paid or canned hunts or maybe any shooting contests you have ever won and I don't mean shooting marbles--------I thought so.

It�s so pitiful when jealousy rears its ugly head.

Yeah, Boss has a little $$. So? What's it to you? Did he take some of yours? What's the problem with a man having a ranch if he can afford it?

Not a dam thing the way I see it more power to him!
Speaking of ugly head, how's BH's orange lips doing.........
Apparently, now, when you get north of the Red River, not only does everyone think Texans ride horses and wear six-guns, but we keep our cattle herds behind several hundred thousand miles of high game fence.

Lunacy.
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Apparently, now, when you get north of the Red River, not only does everyone think Texans ride horses and wear six-guns, but we keep our cattle herds behind several hundred thousand miles of high game fence.

Lunacy.
It sure did sound like that is where they were headed with the high fence bull schitt.
That is a nice deer the cull was put in for effect. I have seen quite a bit bigger on a few walls of some of my well-heeled friends who hunt the world but I have never hunted them so you are correct. However, hunting Alaska with Daddy's money like some here then I would be happy. Put it this way if I was paying for a guided hunt in Alaska I would pass on this one sorry but I am specific when I pull the trigger.

Personally, I will only shoot a deer in his prime if he is a book and I mean B&C eligible which means no high fence (no whitetails yet for me), wounded, or a cull. Otherwise, he has to be an older animal we work extensively with both the State and Federal Biologists as well as our GW to be able judge animals on the hoof so to speak.

May shoot an elk this weekend but in our area they are not even considered an exotic (domesticated animal per TPW) because they are raised as livestock in many areas. Do not want them to interfere with the indigenous population so they will be eliminated along with the other African or European species that are seen.

Feral Hogs are still on the top of the list and maybe this upcoming weekend will be a good one for �varmints�.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Speaking of ugly head, how's BH's orange lips doing.........

Those were cured by a nice man in New Mexico!! Ever been there to visit anybody???? Oh never mind. blush
I bet a lot of nice men have cured them....
I am sure you know some nice folks there------you know the one you lied about, got caught said mean things about and then lied some more. People may not agree with what I say but at least I am not a liar.

Boss,

Just ordered an extended eye-relief SN-4, illuminated, from USO.
TFF grin
Please, enlighten me. Tell me to whom I lied and about what?

Please, enlighten me.

Some things are not possible even for the most learned among us�

grin
I'll let ya go on that one, I'm trying to be nice to senior citizens....

If he's a senior citizen, he definitely coming full circle........

Casey

No AARP here yet youngster...
Tic toc............
I could go back and find your quotes disparaging a certain member here to try and justify your lies and dishonorable behavior but I won�t. This persons reputation as a gentlemen and who sits on the mantle of honor is above reproach whilst yours is infamous with the ladies of ill repute so I will not soil his reputation by associating you with him publicly. You and everyone else know exactly who and what I am talking about so try something else.
Poor guy is not real smart. grin
I thought you was talking about someone else, and I ain't the one that lied, she told me she wasn't married.....
I hope you get it pretty soon. Did you get it in the configuration we discussed?? Can't wait to get the reports from the "field" about it!! smile
Dude, get him out here, never seen him say it in public. Unless you want to continue your secret backstage nut licking..

Guess he needs hand puppets to do his dirty work.....
Nice dodge --- you did the right thing!! whistle
Tic toc............

Yeah, you'll get there too...
Boss turned this into a very weird thread.
Just hoping I'll spend it better....
Sorry old boy I really don't have any desire to speak with a liar who would say the things he did about a person who is above reproach now go find someone else to play with�be gone boy and be quick about it. You are trying to open a complex issue here that you cannot possibly fathom the finality of its outcome. Go ahead the rope is out there speak freely!!!!!!
I hope you get it pretty soon. Did you get it in the configuration we discussed?? Can't wait to get the reports from the "field" about it!! smile

As is my tendency, I got every bell & whistle (which ain�t much on an SN-4).
- Illuminated circle � dot
- Extended-relief eye piece
- Variable 1-4x
- Zero-stop elevation and windage turrets
Just hoping I'll spend it better....

You're here. whistle
Sorry but you go "naked� with �Hookers� and I go �naked� with �options� therein lies the difference. Doubt you know what I am talking about but someone will explain it to you. laugh
Hoss...'dood...

When you boys have the capacity to hunt country like this and kill bucks, all without someone holding your hands, you might be worth listening to.
[Linked Image]

Until then, it's pretty clear who the culls are.

DN
LET ME KNOW how you like the circle and dot. Thought about that one more than once.
Thank you for enlightening me on the subject I will give it due consideration!

Looks like fun to me are you extending an invitation?
Originally Posted by muledeer
Hoss...'dood...

When you boys have the capacity to hunt country like this and kill bucks, all without someone holding your hands, you might be worth listening to.
Until then, it's pretty clear who the culls are.

DN

Go get you other brother Darrell.
[Linked Image]
Nope, nothing in here either, just more 16 year olds...
Posted By: jds44 Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/01/07
hunting Alaska with Daddy's money like some here then I would be happy. Put it this way if I was paying for a guided hunt in Alaska I would pass on this one sorry but I am specific when I pull the trigger.

Are you trying to imply Dave took that blacktail on a guided hunt paid for by family money? You've got to be one of the most clueless guys on the forum if that's the case.
No ---- go back and read all of it again and then you might figure it out. grin
But I'm not starting childish threads and calling folks out, and I sure hope I'm not gonna be doing that in my 60's. Sorry this what your twilight years are like. Prayers sent
Posted By: CAS Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/01/07
Look Mr. I hunt with DADDY' WARBUCKS money I never will nor never have EVER HUNTED HIGH FENCE!! You know that so try a different tactic. Can you say that-----thought so.

Actually, the old man is so tight that he chits diamonds. I had to marry well to get on the gravy train. Get it right, 'tard.

I'll not apologize for growing up in the kind of family I did. I am actually quite proud of it. It sure was a hell of a lot better than growing up in a trailer park, watching the old man beat the ever loving hell out of mom every night after be got himself polluted with booze and crank.
Oh really my poor little rich boy friend. How Hall of Fames is your father in?? Thought so --- keep on going there is plenty of rope you can pick on me but my Father (RIP) had impeccable credentials and was not a �booze peddler� since you mentioned crank did your Dad peddle that too? Shall we continue oh btw did you ask Daddy Warbucks for your allowance this week?? So many guns to buy and sell at 50 cents on the dollar you had better get busy! whistle

Little out of your league here so login and see if you stipend has been posted to your account this week. grin
My abilities far exceed his in every respect as it relates to shooting and hunting I would stack my skills against his any day.

Nope mine is not even a deer those are too easy --- I watch those with glass now and only shoot old ones that will make book (cull or wounded) and so far no luck except for one 2 years ago that I only got a 1 second look at.

So wait, your skills are better than E's, and yet you only "got a 1 second look at" a buck, all while hunting a fenced ranch with feeders and a management program? Are you high!?!?!?!

this one was shot at the ranch and scored #65 in the state when it was shot. It is in the attic over the garage but I will take a pic and post it give me a few. You will notice that it scored
Gold but is not in the books and that is simply to keep poachers away from our place.
D

So you disparage E's skills, and in response show a farm raised animal that was shot shortly after release, and yet it still isn't even remotely impressive in the score department? Impressive, to say the least.

Nope mine is not even a deer those are too easy ---

You mean they are so easy that you can only get a "1 second look" despite the fences, feeders, and management program.

Damn, you are the Great White hunter, give or take.

Personally, I will only shoot a deer in his prime if he is a book and I mean B&C eligible which means no high fence (no whitetails yet for me), wounded, or a cull. Otherwise, he has to be an older animal we work extensively with both the State and Federal Biologists as well as our GW to be able judge animals on the hoof so to speak.

Not surprising that you need someone to hold your hand through he hunting experience. Even less surprising that you are milking the taxpayers in an effort to expand your deer farming program.

If only you were able to actually shoot one of those manicured, pedicured, and primped bucks you speak about. Heck, I'd be impressed to see you bag a canned buck with hoof shine already applied. Maybe you can even get one with his nose polished to save time for the taxidermist.

Ahhh, the jealousy runs deep. Want me to flip you a few bucks so that you can buy some class?
This thread is a train wreck.....
Well unfortunately if what you have is class I will just muddle along on my own. When I post there are certainly some things that are subjective but I also have skins on the wall to show that I am better than average when it comes to pulling the trigger and hitting what I aim at. �Jealousy� got to tell you that is the single funniest thing you have ever posted on our trading of barbs and I am sitting here with a big grin on my face thanks smile!!! If you only knew but hey my offer still stands for the �shooting contest� you bring your rifle and I will bring mine we can shoot on the Friday before the matches http://www.missouribenchrest.com/schedule.htm you never know I could be having a bad day.

Now run along and do your chores and maybe you can get your allowance early this week. Now I know why you have 2 hands one to ask the Wife for money and the other to ask Daddy! Pretty slick little scheme you have going on Congratulations!
But I'm not starting childish threads and calling folks out, and I sure hope I'm not gonna be doing that in my 60's. Sorry this what your twilight years are like. Prayers sent

There�s very little difference in starting a thread and posting on one.

As far as calling folks out I remember on more than one occasion you offered to buy plane tickets to Alaska for people you were �calling out.� You'd post a link for tickets already purchased.

If I�m in my 60s, then by your math you must be 50-something. You must be using that "fuzzy math" President Bush referred to.

And, finally, since there is very little, actually no difference, in time spent to start a thread and post on one, let�s take a look at post totals. You are the 4th leading poster with 12, 959 posts, behind only Violator22 (15803), VAnimrod (16880) and T LEE (19997). I�ve been on here a month longer than you and my post total is a meager 1438 compared to your 12959.

TIC TOC ��

My �twilight years� are a long way off, and I�ll need them if my goal were to post on here as much as you. Luckily, it�s not my goal. [Linked Image]
Posted By: jds44 Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/01/07
Steelhead's flying people to AK to kick his ass? Hey Steely - the Gator's suck and so do their fans. Send my ticket and we'll duke it out.

By the way, make my ticket for the first week of November (might as well hammer a buck while I'm there).
Posted By: Whip Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/02/07
I don't care a bit about the pissin' goin' on in this thread. Thanks to Dave for posting E's story and picture of that buck. I've hunted that area back when I used to live in Calli and that is by far the biggest deer I've ever seen come outta those hills. Way to go E...nice work!
Whip
Originally Posted by BobinNH
This thread is a train wreck.....

Bob, that is the first thing you have typed that I have agreed with..................grin
[Linked Image]
Powerguy: Can't make everybody happy! I don't remember you putting up anything I'VE agreed with either! Let's start a pissing match! There are plenty going on here, that's for sure....... smile At least we can agree to disagree.
I cautiously enter this thread, only to show that not all Texas bucks are high fenced! These came from Texas Panhandle in 2005. Very wide-open, big country. Hope you enjoy. [img][IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t32/JGrimes_2007/2005PanhandleTrio2.jpg[/img][/img]

One more....no bragging intended. [img]IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t32/JGrimes_2007/2005PanhandleDeerTrio.jpg[/img][/img]
I'll try the sedonc one again.... [img][IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t32/JGrimes_2007/2005PanhandleDeerTrio.jpg[/img][/img]
Posted By: BMD Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/02/07
Here is a pic. of my nephew and my daughter holding my Panhandle buck from 2005. Which was free ranging, no high fence! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Nice Bucks Todd!
Posted By: GregW Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/02/07
Very impressive WTD gentlemen....

This is the biggest deer I've killed, low fence as well...
Typical 8 with 1 3/4" of deductions. He grossed 132"...

[Linked Image]
Nothing wrong with that, Nice brows.
We've got good brows on almost all the deer we see in my area of Mason County for some reason...All extremely typical as well...

No kidding, we saw a typical 6 two years ago that had 12+" brows, EASILY..Went up just as high as the G@'s did which were not shabby either. It was a freak deer, perfectly symmetrical but he was young so we let him walk. Have never seen him again and I'm kicking myself for not taking him only to prove my story...
Posted By: CAS Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/02/07
Great bucks!

It is too bad the House Bitch didn't hang a pic of something like those after he started running his Louie Lips about his "superior hunting skills". THOSE are in fact impressive!

Well done, gentlemen!
BMD, that's a heck of a buck. Congrats.
Here's a few more, nothing too impressive...

The top 2 both scored right at 128" each or thereabouts...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Hey I have an idea "CAS" aka �Charity Chuck� this fall may be going out to do some Mule Deer hunting on the wife�s Fathers ranch on the border of New Mexico and Texas or maybe in the Davis Mountains you can�t go there as I was invited (the Ross Ranch is on the Pecos River in NM). Since you always pay to hunt and after all it is Daddies or Snookum�s money (you always sell your little firearms experiments for 50 cents on the dollar) why don�t you pay me an obscenely horrid sum and you can hunt on the Ross Ranch. Could be a problem however, no high fences or Starbucks so you will be on your own.

Tell you what if you can beat me in score at the State 1K BR Championships in Missouri next month you can hunt for free and I will even show you how to hunt in some real ugly terrain. Otherwise, it will cost you but that�s ok Daddy Warbucks and Snookums can afford to cover your financial screw ups after all they have been doing it all of your life right?

Just let me know.
Todd & BMD very nice indeed!! smile Todd where in West Texas did those come from? We were at a funeral in Pecos earlier this week and ran into several friends of my wife�s family who have land in the Ft. Davis area and asked me to come out. Have hunted in NM many times but never deer (quail yes) in the Ft. Davis area or is that further west than you are--probably is but never hurts to ask.
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Best thing I've read all day....

Definitely tied for the best thing I've read all day....
Shocking. Yet once again you run your yap, and can't back it up. When you get called on it, you fall into hysterics and start acting like a 3 year old.

Cas;

It ain't worth it.

Your abilities and your class are known qualities and quantities.

Leave it at that.
I will use a sporter how about that!!!!!!!!!!! One of my hunting rigs!!!!!!!!!!! Now put up or crawl back to Starbucks and talk about high fence hunting.

You are being called out put up or shut up. What is it going to be boy.......
Same offer for you numb nuts. You want to start up with me again?
BH;

Just 'cause I was curious, I checked out what you had to say....

No one ever said you couldn't shoot. Just that you can't hunt... and you haven't proven them wrong on that.

And, again, when faced with any opposition, you resort to personal attacks.

So, in short.... [bleep] you. The sooner Rick boots your sorry azz outta here, the better.

You are a decent shot, but no world class shooter to be sure. You have a helluva lot of money to spend on rifles someone else builds, and then brag about how well they do. And, you have no qualms disparaging someone else's proven hunting ability, when yours stops at the fence and the feeder.

Why the constant attacks? Well, I can guess.... Compensation is a b!tch ain't it?

And, again, [bleep] you.... here's to hoping for a ban and a boot to your sorry all-hat, no-cattle and very likely short and balding Texican azz in the very near future.

Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Cas;

It ain't worth it.

Your abilities and your class are known qualities and quantities.

Leave it at that.

Thank you, and you are right. That piece of [bleep] is not worth responding to.

Thought so---but CAS as well as yourself started with me a long time ago. What does surprise me about you (not CAS he is a rich boy idiot) is that you would make a statement out of frustration and maybe a little anger that shows your limited knowledge about shooting. Now just so you will know when developing a load for a rifle that will maximize the accuracy potential it does take skill, process application and specific techniques that are not known to you at this point given the type of shooter that you are. This is not a bad thing but something that has to be developed. I don�t blame you as ignorance can be overcome with knowledge but remember if it was easy anyone could do it.

Just to be clear on this point I was hunting deer when you were still making smelly in your diapers. Maybe someday you will understand that it is not important to fill all of your tags every year and you will evolve. I am fortunate to have been able to hunt on the same land all of my hunting life here and fortunate enough to have land to hunt on in NM and in CO.

As I have said on earlier threads I am very specific about what I kill now would you feel better and think I was the mighty hunter if I went into the attic and pulled a couple more heads out? I get much more pleasure watching the big boys run around but if an old big boy that will make book comes out I will shoot him otherwise it�s culls, wounded deer, exotics and feral hogs that will be shot on site.

I will be in New Mexico with several rifles to participate in whatever shooting events that are scheduled next spring in Raton. You said you will be there as well. You can use my own rifles and rests to compete against me with.

Very nice DODGE :D-----I knew you would run and hide. Now go do your chores!!

If You Cannot Run With The Big Dogs Then Stay On The Porch.
Posted By: CAS Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/03/07

Ahhhhhh,,,,,, bliss!
That is the best thing I have read all day! smile Now if he will just keep it that way but he won't unfortunately.

VA we are probably a lot more alike than is apparent here but maybe you should consider the same path that CAS has taken because with you I have a short fuse and I guess it goes back a couple of years but whatever you decide.
boss Hoss... did you say you've seen sitka blacktails on your friends walls that are bigger than the one posted above?? Im sure your not talking out your @ss.. But if thats true, you might wanna have your friends send you picts so you can prove it. Thats a big Friggen Sitka, and I know they are harder to hunt than the Blacktails I hunt.. Not saying I don't believe you, but I really don't, so your gonna have to send picts. Should be easy enough..
Nice bucks' Todd.
BH;

No one ever said you couldn't shoot. Just that you can't hunt... and you haven't proven them wrong on that.

So, in short.... [bleep] you. The sooner Rick boots your sorry azz outta here, the better.

You are a decent shot, but no world class shooter to be sure. You have a helluva lot of money to spend on rifles someone else builds, and then brag about how well they do. And, you have no qualms disparaging someone else's proven hunting ability, when yours stops at the fence and the feeder.

Why the constant attacks? Well, I can guess.... Compensation is a b!tch ain't it?

And, again, [bleep] you.... here's to hoping for a ban and a boot to your sorry all-hat, no-cattle and very likely short and balding Texican azz in the very near future.

For the second leading all-time poster on this site nimrod, you ain't ever had [bleep] to say worth reading.

And, for the record, since you made a point of it in your post to Boss...do you build your own rifles?

I thought not.
Posted By: BMD Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/03/07
Originally Posted by CAS
Great bucks!

It is too bad the House Bitch didn't hang a pic of something like those after he started running his Louie Lips about his "superior hunting skills". THOSE are in fact impressive!

Well done, gentlemen!
Thanks, thats pretty funny grin
Posted By: BMD Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/03/07
Todd & BMD very nice indeed!! smile Todd where in West Texas did those come from? We were at a funeral in Pecos earlier this week and ran into several friends of my wife�s family who have land in the Ft. Davis area and asked me to come out. Have hunted in NM many times but never deer (quail yes) in the Ft. Davis area or is that further west than you are--probably is but never hurts to ask.
Thanks BH.

Those deer came from way up in N Texas near Perryton, TX, not far from Oklahoma. I have hunted in the Davis Mountains area many times for mule deer and aoudad. It can be very rough and very enjoyable.
Posted By: cfran Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/03/07
Seriously, you guys all need to take a break from posting - this is over the top and really sad to see.
BH;

For the second leading all-time poster on this site nimrod, you ain't ever had [bleep] to say worth reading.

And, for the record, since you made a point of it in your post to Boss...do you build your own rifles?

I thought not.

Va, I'm curious if you build your own also (curious only, that's all). Thanks
Posted By: RyanTX Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/03/07
Boss, Not to nitpick here, but you keep referring to hunting "wounded deer". Seems to me that a wounded deer wouldn't be that hard to hunt. Maybe it's not hunting, just "shooting". Curious too, you must have a lot of "wounded deer" on your place.
Posted By: jds44 Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/03/07
If we're going to have a shooting contest, lets have a shooting contest. Hunting rifles, unsupported other than field available rests, unknown distance, and timed. Bench rest is about as revelvant to shooting as NASCAR is to driving to work. When a gun is locked down in a rest with the only part of your body touching it is the trigger finger, it ain't shooting.

Boss Hoss, you claim to be a great shoot, but bench rest don't mean [bleep]. My money's on CAS or VA in anything approaching real field shooting.
Unfortunately we have �Lease Hunters� around our place on 2 sides who not only trespass but have wounded quite a few deer over the years that jump the fence line. Now where I usually hunt is on top of a hill on the Comanche Peak Nuclear Plant easement which goes through the south end of the place. This enables me to keep an eye on these folks (caught 2 last year) and being the responsible hunter do not like to see game animals suffer needlessly. Every year we have people who wound deer want to come on the place to look for them-----we do not like to do this so when I hear a shot always make it a point to watch where a wounded animal might show up.

Does this make sense to you or is further explanation required. Unfortunately what we have seen is that the lease hunters in general could care less about where they shoot (across our land for example) or take bad shots that cripple animals. I have had one person tell me when we were trailing a wounded animal that did not realize the level of commitment I have to the wildlife �this is the last long weekend that I had and we paid 1k a gun for this lease Ill be dammed if I was not going to kill something� so I hope you can understand my perspective may not agree but at least understand.

Also not to nitpick here but trailing a wounded animal through dense woodlands covered with cedar needles, leaves and bare ground is sometimes tough---even when an animal is running through waist high dead grass looking for very small smears of blood is difficult depending on how much of a blood trail there is. For example in the fall here we have quite a bit of sumac and the leaves when they fall are blood red so it is hard sometimes. It is easier when the animal is running across the limestone for obvious reasons. From the way you posed the question it is evident that you have not done much tracking and I hope you do not have to. Personally, I hope I will never have to track another wounded animal again.

Bring your money old buddy I will be glad to take it. smile Just remember this post in the spring----I sure will. Just so you will know I have been shooting offhand since I was 6 years old. Now am I the best---NO WAY but better than average that is a safe statement. Long range shooting is much more complicated than most realize now you stuck it out there I expect you to follow through on your little wager. You will won�t you? This is all for fun of course and the largest wager will be 1 dollar in Raton at the get together just so it does not get out of hand. In these types of wagers money is secondary.
man, this idea is getting more attractive to me. the wagering and all ...
who's gonna video?
World's greatest hunter, bench rest genius, and now a field shot that would dazzle us all. Why do I keep picturing a 400 pound man in a diaper who hasn't seen sunlight in 6 years when I read your posts?
I have had one person tell me when we were trailing a wounded animal that did not realize the level of commitment I have to the wildlife

Boy, that must've boosted your ego enough to make big hat fit a little tight. Being highly committed to tracking down the wounded wildlife from the inept lease hunters all around your nuclear power plant ranch and all.
So which is it, are you running at the sound of gun shots to the top of that hill near the nuclear power plant to watch the wounded deer come across so you can play "clean up"? Or are some of the wounded deer yours? Because you talk about having spend all kinds of effort tracking them, but waiting at the top of the hill watching crippled deer hop over your fence doesn't sound too hard.

If on the other hand, they're your wounded animals, maybe your not as good a shot at a live animal, in the woods, as you are shooting at a piece of paper off of a bench.

Boss, when my peers and I bet we use a can of Coke as the prize, loser pays, and the can has got to be chilled in a freezer to the point where there are shards of ice throughout(MAJOR RULE).
This bet is always good as everyone can afford to pay and there are no left-over hard feelings(besides which a can that you have won is infinitely more enjoyable than a can you have bought).
James.
I have posted my picture-----use your computer skills and find it.
OUTSTANDING IDEA----we have done the same thing except with the plastic bottles----shoots pop out the top!!! We use steel gongs now but I just wonder and I doubt the range will allow that type if thing for liability reasons. It will be fun there is no doubt.
You are pretty funny-----obviously one of those folks who trespass. Good try but you bait is not tempting enough to make me bite so try something else. smile

I know you are not being sincere in any way shape or form but for the others out there try and put yourself in my position. Fixing fences that have been cut, finding empty cartridge cases (cigarette butts and even beer cans in the past) that are not ours in blinds is very upsetting when you spend the money we do improving the habitat only to have people steal. You would not like someone breaking into your house and stealing your flat screen television now would you? Very few folks who actually lease hunt are criminals but when parked next to us the temptation can be overwhelming because it is a well known fact that the whole place is classified as wildlife management and looks it as well. When driving the fence line I have caught folks in portable blinds 1 foot off of the fence set up to shoot across our land --- behind them is solid brush that one cannot see into more than a few yards.

Do not mean to offend everyone but this has been my actual experience. I spend more time talking with the State, Federal Biologists and Game Warden than I do some of my family.
Fish----will you do it?? We can post it for all to see.
well, if i make it out there, sure. my bride loves new mexico ...
No Boss, as the PRIZE.........Christ I do not know anyone who would waste an ice cold can of coke, certainly not me.
James.

Ps, would you please keep us apprised of the wager and of the outcome.
HAHA-----the pop bottles are neat but they get plastic all over the ground. Milk jugs filled with water are pretty neat at 600 yards.
You are pretty funny-----obviously one of those folks who trespass. Good try but you bait is not tempting enough to make me bite so try something else. smile

Boy, what an ASSumption. So, because I question you, I must be a trespasser. And, because Emericus is partial to Leupolds, he can't hunt; and because Rick sells Leupolds, he must be "in on it" with E; and because CAS comes from a family with money, well he must not be on your level either.

It sure is pathetic to be so worried about your ego, that you constantly have to berate everyone else.

It's an internet forum for crying out loud. Get over yourself. Do I agree with everything E says regarding Leupolds? Heck no. Does that mean he can't hunt? Heck no. Is it going to hurt my feelings what some loudmouth crybaby from DFW says on the internet? Heck no.

Well first you are a liar---NEVER did I say "E" could not hunt and he is in the weeds on a lot of what he says and could use professional help. You are not aware of the entire string of events with CAS either but nonetheless you are making assumptions and saying things that are not true except the part about CAS and his shooting abilities THAT I will acknowledge. Learn to be accurate when making accusations.

You were not questioning you were baiting.
My abilities far exceed his in every respect as it relates to shooting and hunting I would stack my skills against his any day. That of course will never happen because if I brought a guy like him out to the ranch to hunt I would be ridiculed for doing so as soon as he opened his mouth and that would be from a couple of die hard Loopy guys.

Okay, so maybe you didn't say he "couldn't hunt", but that's pretty damn close.

Anyway, I'm done with you and this.
They say you can tell a lot about a man from his friends. Logically, the same could be inferred from his enemies.

Were CAS an enemy of mine, it'd give me pause for thought....
Thank you.
Dave---sorry but I have to hear you rationale on this one. Don't worry about my friends in fact a couple of them are coming over tomorrow to cook. Both are well known chefs--I will post some pics on Sunday!

Please tell me all about CAS I am all ears!
What was it that Stick used to say? Something about bullschitting the fans but not the players. Seems appropiate here...
He's saying that CAS is good people. If you've made an enemy of CAS, logic dicates you must be an a$$hole.
Read the whole thread. Came to a few conclusions. In summary:

1) E. pisses me off too. That doesn't mean I would not like him if we met. It also does not mean I can outshoot/hunt him, as I've never done either with him so cannot make an educated assessment.

2) E's deer is highly impressive

3) Hoss' bloated goat is not

4) I'd gladly share camp with E. (maybe I could set him straight on a couple things in the meantime.....grin)

5) I'd not care to share camp with Hoss, I'm pretty sure we'd NOT get along......

Ok---it is a sheep (Aoudad) and I don't think you will ever have to worry about the hunting part but you might be surprised. I do speak rather frankly and sometimes fly off the handle but everyone of my friends even a few that are in this industry (some I have had for over 20 years and they hunt with me)are good with it. "E" has insulted people repeatedly with information that is absurd and called into question honorable people�s integrity with garbage. All with no remorse whatsoever and that is just wrong.

CAS and I have one thing in common and that is about it --- we both like beautiful firearms and in that regard he has more resources than I do currently and more power to him. He always starts it with me as in this thread and now we are ignoring each other which is best. You see I have a few friends that were born rich and brought up having everything handed to them and that is fine and to give him credit he admits it a lot of people won�t. There is a saying by a well known relative of mine that fits me � �fight em till hell freezes over then fight them on the ice� you might say I don�t give up easily no matter who I am negotiating with.

At the end of the day it is all good ---- when I am out working my azz off in a cedar break sweating like a hooker in church running a saw, cutting trees that the floods and winds have knocked down and using the rock bar to move large rocks out of the road it helps put all of this into perspective. You see where I hunt I have been working my azz off for the vast majority of my 45 years on this planet so one tends to have a different perspective than most. It is not something that I am able to explain fully but one does develop a different sense of accomplishment because killing every big deer you see is no longer important. For me it is more important to see them or if it is an old big boy I still get a touch of buck fever. Last year saw 2 different nice deer in the 160 to 170 class and they were young and had does with them and as soon as I got the glass on them knew they were not shooters. 20 years ago they would have been on the ground so fast your head would spin call it what you will but I have a different outlook on deer hunting now even when hunting in NM or CO. Pigs, Exotics or even Elk (they are classified as domestic animals in our area) are hunted year round and with the floods there will be more to get rid of because of the idiots that let them escape. Had reports that zebra were around as well!!!!
Posted By: sgt217 Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/03/07
I am soooo glad you are here to protect us from E.....

Note the sarcasm....
E. may have insulted some people's intelligence with some of the remarks he has made, maybe. But he has handled himself with class in most situations, IMO, considering the amount of schit that has been slung his way. Whether or not he has brought it upon himself is a matter of opinion. Either way, unlike you, justification through the use of unwarranted bragging and personal attacks not been the road he has chosen.........

There is a difference between arguing over what equipment is good, and what stuff sucks, and taking it to another level and telling people you can out shoot them, or out hunt them. The fact that you do not have any experience whatsoever hunting or shooting with the person makes it that much more absurd. It is akin to children telling each other "My Dad can beat up your Dad", IMO.......

That's the view from here......
Understand your point of view. The shooting part is highly likely as he has never done it I have and been successful. You seem perfectly willing to let "E� call other people liars and insult their intelligence and I do not.

Oh about class---you must be from a different planet than most folks if you think "E" handles himself with class. Please explain in descrite detail how what he does to people denotes �class�? This will be good.

With respect to hunting I said "hunting I would stack my skills against his any day" interpret that however you see fit. We cannot hunt in Raton but we can shoot hope he comes as does everybody else it will be fun.

Posted By: Teal Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/03/07
Kettle meet pot - pot this is kettle......
I can't remember E ever saying anything mean-spirited.
I can't remember E ever saying anything mean-spirited.

Agreed.

Off-base, sure.

Mean-spirited, no.

And, I'll admit to having replied as such to him, just 'cause he pissed me off every now and then.

Still, I'd hunt with E anyday..... heck, he may even get to use a new scope in the process.... wink
Understand your point of view. The shooting part is highly likely as he has never done it I have and been successful. You seem perfectly willing to let "E” call other people liars and insult their intelligence and I do not.

Oh about class---you must be from a different planet than most folks if you think "E" handles himself with class. Please explain in descrite detail how what he does to people denotes “class”? This will be good.

With respect to hunting I said "hunting I would stack my skills against his any day" interpret that however you see fit. We cannot hunt in Raton but we can shoot hope he comes as does everybody else it will be fun.

Don't know what "descrite" means......

There is nobody here more willing to call an azzhole an azzhole than me. I do not find E. to be the type that "talks down" to people, whether he feels he knows more than they or not.....

With respect to his shooting skills, just because E. does not shoot in the same manner you do, does not mean dick. I've seen guys who wouldn't know a shooting competition from a track meet shoot squirrels and rabbits in the head with open sights at 200yds (as to not ruin any meat) repeatedly. They kill grouse the same way, no shotguns. They wouldn't know a Sierra MK from Hornady roundnose. .... All they know is that if the critter dies, their family eats......I'd put them against you ANY day.....

Once your target grows legs and starts runnin' around, and you have but a second or two to hit it, with open sights, and you can do so proficiently, let me know. These are the real shooters of the world, and the only ones who really impress me......

You know what they say about assumptions.....
Rik, kill this thread, please. I've no interest in zoo experts.
Originally Posted by 2muchgun

You don't really want to start spell checking and correcting grammar do you?
I do not find E. to be the type that "talks down" to people, whether he feels he knows more than they or not.....

It seems perceptions differ from person to person.
Posted By: 7 STW Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/03/07
Originally Posted by CAS
T Oh BTW might take that cull buck out of your sig line. blush

Sorry to rip Dave's Pic, but anyone who thinks that this bruiser is a "cull buck" instantly loses all credibility about all things hunting.

Freaking fantastic buck, Dave!

[Linked Image]

Cull buck my azz.Thanks for posting the pick.The avatar doesn't do it justice.
BossHoss, thanks for totally trashing this thread. If I read it correctly, it wasn't about YOU but you sure as hell managed to make it about you. Someone brings up a good thread from the past and you [bleep] wreck it, nice going.

You don't really want to start spell checking and correcting grammar do you?

If he means "discreet", fine. No, I'm not the grammar police. I still do not, however, know what "discreet detail" means. Have never heard the term. Please explain......
I do not find E. to be the type that "talks down" to people, whether he feels he knows more than they or not.....

E. is set in his ways, yes. E. is stubborn, yes. E. quotes J.B. way too frequently, yes. E. pisses me off sometimes, yes.

That said, please show me some examples of statements by E. personally aimed at the denigration of others' character.......

Understand your point of view. The shooting part is highly likely as he has never done it I have and been successful. You seem perfectly willing to let "E� call other people liars and insult their intelligence and I do not.

Oh about class---you must be from a different planet than most folks if you think "E" handles himself with class. Please explain in descrite detail how what he does to people denotes �class�? This will be good.

Where has E called someone a liar? On the other hand we have this from you in this very thread...

Well first you are a liar

Sorry guys but "E" needs to just fade away he is a silly old man who has lost his cognitive ability period I would suggest a good Neurologist. My abilities far exceed his in every respect as it relates to shooting and hunting

Frankly, I am amazed that there is anyone who has really allowed themselves to be so lowered as to say this sort of thing even over the internet. I think your poor manners and behavior speak volumes. Lots of people say things over the internet that they might not say in person, but I really can't understand how anyone can justify this sort of thing internet or not.
Yep.....a line has been crossed...

I like the old-time hunters, myself. Whether I feel I can out shoot them, or know more about guns than them is irrelevant. If you are smart enough to shut up and listen to them , much can be learned.......

Hoss---I'm not against calling someone an azzhole, if it needs doin'. I'm also not against heated disputes on what gun designs, or whatever, are better. Blatant assaults on one's character, especially with no facts to back them up, is a different story. You don't even KNOW the man, nor anything of his hunting/shooting abilities, or how many marbles he may or may not retain......

God knows I've said PLENTY of "bad" stuff to guys on here, I just don't feel it has been in the same context......

Hopefully, in the future, you will learn to differentiate between what's cool and what's not......

E. is set in his ways, yes. E. is stubborn, yes. E. quotes J.B. way too frequently, yes. E. pisses me off sometimes, yes.

That said, please show me some examples of statements by E. personally aimed at the denigration of others' character.......

Well, which is it? They�re not the same thing. Talk down to people or denigrate another�s character? No mater really; if you read the LEUPOLD OR ZEISS thread you can find examples of both from E.
Yep.....a line has been crossed...

I like the old-time hunters, myself. Whether I feel I can out shoot them, or know more about guns than them is irrelevant. If you are smart enough to shut up and listen to them , much can be learned.......

+1
Why dont you just give this BS up! You guys want to debate E til he ll freezes over. It really was an oportunity for some of you to chill out, instead, you just keep going and going like the bunny. We all understand your points, but does every post in the optics section have to end up this way?
Originally Posted by AggieDog
Why dont you just give this BS up! You guys want to debate E til he ll freezes over. It really was an oportunity for some of you to chill out, instead, you just keep going and going like the bunny. We all understand your points, but does every post in the optics section have to end up this way?

You're kidding, right?

This thread is about E.

It's got his name in the title.
Until you chimed in the last post was me agreeing with someone!

SOB, a fella can't win for losing sometimes around here. Why bother being agreeable at all?
Guys, Guys, Guys.......

Remember, WE'RE the ones that hunt. A lot of them out there not on the campfire don't, and want to stop us.....
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Guys, Guys, Guys.......

Remember, WE'RE the ones that hunt. A lot of them out there not on the campfire don't, and want to stop us.....

OK, I'll try this once again.

+1
Posted By: GregW Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/04/07
You know...

I want to apologize to the rest of the board as not all folks from TX are like "Hoss" or "Dood"....

If they only knew how utterly stupid they act. Hell if I was them I'd never show up to this shin-dig in NM next year, everyone will be laughing....

Just have some self control to ignore E, just like my lack of it replying to you 2....grin....
Posted By: powdr Re: I'll hang an E post too.... - 08/04/07
Thank you Gmoney!!! powdr
Originally Posted by Gmoney
You know...

I want to apologize to the rest of the board as not all folks from TX are like "Hoss" or "Dood"....

If they only knew how utterly stupid they act. Hell if I was them I'd never show up to this shin-dig in NM next year, everyone will be laughing....

Just have some self control to ignore E, just like my lack of it replyign to you 2....grin....

Speak for yourself Greg; I don�t need, or want, you to speak for me in any form or fashion, and that includes apologizing to anyone for me. If I feel an apology is warranted I�ll make it.

I�m also fed up with being jumped by the likes of you and the North Slope Cowboys for responding to E in precisely the same manner others have been responding to him for literally years. I�ve asked on numerous occasions of numerous posters what is so different about my posts toward E when compared to others who essentially tell him to stfu before he even gets started. No answers were forthcoming. Perhaps in your wisdom you can enlighten me. When E is right, he�s right and I tell him so. I�ve thanked him for a nice review of the binoculars he did. When he�s wrong, he�s wrong but as of late I haven�t even bothered to post anything � it�s useless.

So, save your pontificating for those who need or want it. I don�t. On the other hand, if you have useful criticism, post it, PM it, whatever.

As far as ignoring me, well, you just blew that one. Besides, I don't remember asking you anything.
I'm starting to really look forward to the NM trip next year; especially now.
You boys keep up the good fight, I'll just keep the surf and turf going.

Barnes TSX, 223AI, and Leupold scopes don't work.....laffin

[Linked Image]

Course the surf part was a bit less labor intensive

[Linked Image]

Can't wait to pull the crab pots tomorrow. Glad you are all spending your twilight years well..........
If it's all the same to you, I'd just as soon pull up to your dinner table and argue which is more delicious....the surf or turf!

Then after dinner over drinks we can argue about who's the biggest azzhole, YOU or ME. I say it's ME, you say it's you, hell with enough liquor I'm thinking we could convince each other to see the light!

Looks like a good day Scott, enjoy!
btw I know, I know..... you already agree with me....I win! (dang it)
That was a good one and I got a chuckle out of it. Just what I need � someone like you who to apologize for me. You have said this before I think but if it makes you feel better go ahead but you are not one of the people on my radar if you know what I mean.
You are wasting your breath on him---some folks compromise some don�t. You do make an excellent point about being right!!! Incorrect information is just that and in every other facet of our lives are taught to challenge incorrect information. Pose this question --- if �E� was a surgeon would you want him operating on you??? Think about it long and hard.

I have read some of his posts on Binos and agree 100% and then he goes 180 on the scope issues --- tough to figure out.

I will be away most of the day today and tonight as I am cooking for the Chefs this evening and have several places to go. Being a perfectionist, it will not suck as I have been trained but everyone just carry on or better yet start another thread on me and we will see the North Slope Cowboys come out in force yeee haaaw! Why not a thread on culinary excellence in general or maybe the merits of wet aging of beef over the dry aging of beef. Guys have fun.
Why dont you jack as s's go find another board. This thread is a classic example why you are a complete ahole, and I doubt any of us would want any of "you" in our camp. Go blow yourself, this bs has gone too far.
Originally Posted by AggieDog
Why dont you jack as s's go find another board. This thread is a classic example why you are a complete ahole, and I doubt any of us would want any of "you" in our camp. Go blow yourself, this bs has gone too far.

First, �we� didn�t start this thread.

Second, it was clearly started to be antagonistic and just as clearly, it worked.

Finally, if you are referring to me, you�re being much more personally abusive than I�ve even come close to.
Frank---It seems that everyone was content in lettin' this one die. Why dig it back up again?
Frank---It seems that everyone was content in lettin' this one die. Why dig it back up again?

+1
Just let him go he is not the smartest of the NSC�s and is demonstrating his inability to communicate effectively. Let it fade away.
It's dead,,,,,,,,,,,
Its dead?
Eremicus???

Nothing but informative and helpful. If everyone felt so liberated to be a$$holes as they do on the Internet, there would not be many campfires in the field.
Aaaahhh - sweet relief.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire