Home
Posted By: Landrum Weaver Grand Slam - 09/06/09
I've never owned a Weaver but am seriously considering buying one soon. Let's just say that the price is right and I like to try new things.

Anyway, any positive or negative feedback on these scopes would be appreciated.

Landrum
Posted By: goodshot Re: Weaver Grand Slam - 09/06/09
I have been using a 3x10x40 on a custon 250ai, fine scope. Optice are good and performs well in low light. I THINK THEY ARE UNDER RATED!
Posted By: NH Hunter Re: Weaver Grand Slam - 09/06/09

I had one several years ago in the 3-10x40 I believe. It was a great scope for the money, rugged, really nice glass and features that permit easy usage with gloves on.

If the price was right, i'd buy another in a heartbeat. Still kicking myself for letting it go on a trade.

Doubt you'd be dissappointed.

Mike.
Posted By: wsmfan Re: Weaver Grand Slam - 09/06/09
Great scope for the money!
Posted By: pigster Re: Weaver Grand Slam - 09/06/09
Excellent value. Adjustments are precise, glass is similar to Nikon Monarch's.
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Weaver Grand Slam - 09/06/09
Very good glass and built solid, great scope for money.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Weaver Grand Slam - 09/06/09
Great glass for the money. A little short on eye relief though. I wouldnt put one on a big magnum
Posted By: BlackBart Re: Weaver Grand Slam - 09/06/09
For you guys that own a 3-9x40, any chance you could get a quick measurement on the max ring spacing and the length of the eyepiece?

Like Landrum, I too am considering one and trying to figure out if it will fit my application reasonable well.

TIA!

Bob
Posted By: deflave Re: Weaver Grand Slam - 09/06/09
I have a 3-10x40mm and a 6.5-20x and love them both. As previously stated their eye relief is something to be aware of and I would think the use of low or extra low rings would be out on most rifles due to the mag ring being the size of a donut.

Travis
Posted By: cowkiller Re: Weaver Grand Slam - 09/07/09
I have one 1.5 x 5.5 (or something like that) on my .375 H&H encore and I really think it is a good scope. I also have a fixed 4.75 Grand Slam on my .338 win mag and no troubles so far. The little weaver insignia fell off during recoil and I contacted weaver and they sent me a new one.
Optics are pretty good and I too think they are under rated.
Posted By: crackerjack Re: Weaver Grand Slam - 09/07/09
Have numerous 1.5x5x32, a 3.5x10x 40 and a couple 4.75 they are great scopes for the $ .I had one 4.75 that came new with a tracking problem sent it for repair and they promptly corrected it . They have a promotion for a very nice bag with a GS purchase . I recently got one and was quite surprised at the nice quality of the bag .
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Weaver Grand Slam - 09/07/09
Weaver Grand Slam series are great scopes for their price, which is also very reasonable.......Go for it! and good hunting.......547.
Posted By: rc82bttb Re: Weaver Grand Slam - 09/07/09
As stated they are great scopes for the money. I have 5 or 6 and would buy another one in a hearbeat. As for the Wearver promotions they had one a couple years ago that you got a camp coat with the purchase. And they were actually good coats!
Posted By: rc82bttb Re: Weaver Grand Slam - 09/07/09
As stated they are great scopes for the money. I have 5 or 6 and would buy another one in a hearbeat. As for the Wearver promotions they had one a couple years ago that you got a camp coat with the purchase. And they were actually good coats!
© 24hourcampfire