Home
Would somebody be able to tell me how these fit to a sako. Do they slide into the dovetails, or does the reciever have to be drilled an tapped???
don`t know about S&K,but they probably slide on and hammer tight(my leuopolds did)and they don`t give any at all,yet. 20+ yrs
doesn`t take much of a blow to get them tight.remember, it will take at least as much to get them back off plus some!
well,maybe it was redfields because they aren`t quick releases
they all work the same
No, the S&K's are completely different than anything else with the possible exception of Conetrols. (don't let Conetrol here that!!)
They are a projectionless ring, base system that uses a 1 piece ring that gets stretched around the scope and then attached to the bases by opposing coned setscrews.

I looked for how the SAKO bases worked on the S&K site but couldn't find anything to help.
i don`t hear of many sako users,which do you have in what caliber?mine is a forrester i believe,AV action std in 30-06 rebarreled to 06AI.currently wearing a pentax lightseeker 30mm 6-20.my primary deer getter,but i`ve had some get away from me because of the hi mag and heft.excuses!my bbl is 26".not a rig for tight cover on movers(sometimes)and have been looking to lighten it up a bit w/o sacrificing too much scope.that is why i wanted to see about putting the 1.5-6x42 SR on it.stays on 6 anyway.that won`t happen.didn`t see your post till i had entered mine.my mts are burris i see now. as a std mine came blunt.no crown!bought new in 84/85
© 24hourcampfire