Home
Since 1990, has any fixed power telescopic sights between 2 and 4 power been available with basis tube of 30 mm or larger rather than 26.4 mm? If there have been, please identify as you are able.
Awesome scope here = Schmidt&Bender 10x42 PMII
Ten power???
Originally Posted by Naphtali
Since 1990, has any fixed power telescopic sights between 2 and 4 power been available with basis tube of 30 mm or larger rather than 26.4 mm? If there have been, please identify as you are able.
I don't believe so unless it was some chinese junk. 6X is about as low as I believe you would find in a 30mm.
I doubt if any exist in the mainstream North American market that said I have an oddball that meets the literal description - but I say again oddball - mounted - that's an Aimpoint 2X with 30mm tube and their adjustable red dot.

Aimpoint makes a couple different sights along those lines - mostly the same internals I suspect but do not know with variations for different mounting schemes.

In this market many of the 30mm tubes exist as more or less add-ons to traditional 1" tube scope designs to allow more vertical adjustment and that's hardly an issue in the 2x-4x range.

Similarly there are of course several high end low power variables but I'm not sure how much advantage a 30mm tube offers in the 2x-4x fixed power range.
Hi,

Kaps Optik, an almost unknown (outside Europe) German maker, have a 4x36 30 mm tube scope in their catalog. And is the only 4x scope they make. Very, very good scopes. Just at the same level of the Zeiss, Swarovski, Schmidt & Bender, Nickel and Khales.

PH
Many thanks for all the information. Kaps Optik appears to be worth further investigation.
Yes, indeed, Naphtali! They make outstanding riflescopes. And very coompetitively priced for the quality.

Regards

PH
© 24hourcampfire