Home
Good Morning Campfire,

You any of you gentlemen know that torque specs Talley recommends for their detachable rings and bases? That info is not in or on the instruction sheet. frown

Thanks for your help in advance!

Ovis_Chaser
P.S. These are the four (4) screw, 30mm detachables with lever rings. The bases are seperate. O_C
I am not 100% certain because I away from home when I have them written down. I think the bases are 30 inch pounds, the ring bottomes are 30 inch pounds and the ring tops are 17-20 inch pounds. I got those by calling Talley direct. 163bc
Originally Posted by Ovis_Chaser
Good Morning Campfire,

You any of you gentlemen know that torque specs Talley recommends for their detachable rings and bases? That info is not in or on the instruction sheet. frown

Thanks for your help in advance!

Ovis_Chaser

Did they include an allen wrench with the rings? If so make them finger tight using the allen wrench they inclued with the rings. You can't go wrong.
I torque my base's 20-25"lbs w/ #6 screws, and 35-40"lbs w/#8screws. {blue loctite}. Top rings 15-17" lbs {no loctite}.
Thanks guys!

Got it mounted and sighted in... all is good!

Ovis_Chaser
I have always just tightened them as tight as I can get with out breaking anything.
SLG888 has the correct number range for Talleys from the maufacturer tech. It is very easy to over tighten the rings and one sign is the variable power ring has a sticky spot as you turn. Buckfever1
© 24hourcampfire