Home
So, I am liking the Burris Signature Series rings with the inserts. I understand the concept behind the inserts, both the standard, and the offset ones.

Here's my question: I watched the video that showed how the offset can help align the scope to minimize the amount of turret adjustment necessary to sight in the scope. But...once you determine that you're off after having fired a shot, in order to utilize the offset rings to align the scope, wouldn't you then have to uninstall the scope, and install the offset inserts? Does that introduce other variables that could affect the results? Would a laser boresighter be beneficial here? Would still have to uninstall/reinstall, but you wouldn't have to fire.

Anyways, just looking for input on these rings and inserts....

Thanks!
The best method would be to sight in the rifle using the standard inserts and then use a scope collimator of some type to determine the scope reticle position on a grid. Then, center the scope adjustments and mount it with the offset inserts that put the reticle back to the original position on the grid( or as close as possible). A screen type collimator would seem to be the easiest to use with this method.

RAN
as ran said his idea does help but there is still some trial and error to be done
© 24hourcampfire