Home
Finally got some time to post some pics of my new March Tactical 2.5-25x42 scope - ain't it a cute little bugger!!!

This bad boy will be ridin' on my new .300 Win Mag that Robert Gradous (The Cat-Daddy) is currently building me.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Very nice scope Jeff, perfect scope for your new rifle!

And I really like the low profle turrett!
Beutiful scope!
I'm jealous! Nice scope!
Nice looking and compact.
A great scope.
Butch
As Stoney would say....it's good to be Jeff!
300MAG

That looks great, what's it weigh?
It weighs in around 18 oz - I love how compact it is!! Can't wait to mount it up - my .300 Win Mag should be done in about 3 wks or so.

FYI - Stoney fell in love with an African women on his hunt & is not coming home. He'll be checking in every 6 mths when he gets access to a computer!!
Originally Posted by 300MAG
It weighs in around 18 oz - I love how compact it is!! Can't wait to mount it up - my .300 Win Mag should be done in about 3 wks or so.

FYI - Stoney fell in love with an African women on his hunt & is not coming home. He'll be checking in every 6 mths when he gets access to a computer!!

grin grin
How do you like the glass? Is it as great as everyone says?
How do you like the glass?
The glass is very very clear!!

Its not mounted yet, but just playing around with it, it compares to my S&B scopes in clarity. The glass is definetley better than the glass on my NightForce!!
Looks good, will be a nice set-up on the new rifle.
Be interested in how you like it once you get it mounted and shooting.

Pretty nice. I like the 25 MOA per rotation.
The glass is very very clear!!

Its not mounted yet, but just playing around with it, it compares to my S&B scopes in clarity. The glass is definetley better than the glass on my NightForce!!

Hey you can not say that here I said it and got in trouble.I hope you love your scope as much as I love mine.

Congats
300MAG,

Do you happen to have a Swarovski z5 to compare it with for clarity? Reading that it is better than the NightForce is very much fun for me.

How does it compare with a 56mm NightForce in low light?
I have a Swaro. P L JG 6-24X56 I do not know how it compares with the Swaro.z5. My Sawro. was my favorite scope until I received the March. The March glass is better than the Swaro. even at the same magnification. and everyone that I has met at the range that has compared them side by side says the same thing. A dozen or so.
Man, they did not have enough Saran wrap for me to 'mess around with an African woman. smile

Nice scope Jeff!
I'm sure the Japanese economy appreciates your dollars.

It's funny that if an American company imports optics from Japan people on this forum bash the buyers for not buying American. But a company such as March which has headquarters based in Japan is acceptable. Am I missing something here?
cooperfan,

Don't forget this is the optics forum where inconsistancy is the norm.
I should just keep my mouth shut. I'm sure somebody will bring up my 3-Blaser rifles.

I am impressed with the weight and performance in such a compact package.

I would consider such an investment if it holds up to the abuse of some hard hunting use.

Beat that thing up and let us know how it holds.

Originally Posted by Ringman
300MAG,

Do you happen to have a Swarovski z5 to compare it with for clarity? Reading that it is better than the NightForce is very much fun for me.

How does it compare with a 56mm NightForce in low light?

Please get over the "Swarovski vs Nightforce " hangup you have.... Its tiring.
You are like a broken record that repeats its self over and over.
Not only on this forum but every other on the damn internet.
Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!
Get over it, let it go...we all get it.... The Nightforce and Bushnell 6500 appear better to you in low light than the Swarovski. Get a [bleep] life other than the only scope comparison you ever made.

Thanks and take care.

Sincerily, Manic Hunter

PS. When your parents threw you in the lake, they weren't trying to teach you to swim!
Manic_Hunter,

I ask the original poster because I am hoping he can give me an informed answer. For your infomrmation, there is no Swarovski vs Nightforce hang up here. I sold the Nightforce and want the lightest/best high magnification low light scope I can get. If the March 2 1/2-25X42 is it, I am all over that when the ultralight rifle is built.

If you are going to try to make someone look bad with something you think a poster posted, perhaps you should read the post more carefully. From my comparisons there is no comparison between my Swarovski z5 5-25 and my Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50 in low light. The Swarovski is WAY better, not just noticably better, in low light than the Bushnell. Sorry to embaress you with the facts.

Normally I don't open threads that don't interest me. Here's some simple advise. If you don't like reading about the stuff I compare, don't read my posts. If you don't like to read about what I am interested in, don't read my posts. It is that simple.

Glad I could help.
John Burns,

Dood, I'd love for you to run this scope through its paces - you'd be a good test whether or not it handles long range shooting!!

I don't care what Stoney says - you're alright for a gay guy!! LOL!!!
I don't care what Stoney says - you're alright for a gay guy!! LOL!!!

Did that no good Stoney say I was not "alright"!!!! laugh laugh
300mag- does that scope have an illuminated reticle or is that the one sans?

I don't see a push button and I thought that's how you turned the light on the Marches.
dennisinaz,

This is the non-illuminated version.

JB,

On your long-range scopes (Leupold I think) how much elevation travel do they have?

This particular scope has 100 MOA of elevation and 100 MOA of windage - seems like alot for how compact it is!!
Jeff,

That is a pretty generous amount of travel.

We get 120 MOA from the 4.5x14 but 100 MOA is plenty and then some for any reasonable hunting application.

Why don�t you loan me that scope for a year or two and I will check it out for you. laugh laugh

grin
JB,

As soon as I receive my rifle for being employee of the year, I'll ship this scope to you!!! LOL!!

Deal???

Seriously though, do you run flat scope bases or bases with some MOA built into them on your rigs??

You shoot crazy distances & I was just wondering if you used a MOA style scope base to take advantage of the travel in your scope??

Jeff,

I always run bases with 20 MOA of tilt. This is much more about getting the zero and first rotation in the optical center of the scope.

If I was you I would really try and get your scope mounted so your zeroed slightly below optical center and then you will have the best resolution in your first rotation.

It is amazing how much optical performance is lost with the erector cell moved far away from center.

Also the center of travel might or might not be the optical center of the scope, so be sure and know where your scope is centered.
JB (and others), who makes good 20 MOA bases besides Badger? Any quality lightweights out there?
Glad you like it....

But, for nigh-$3k, the damned thing better suck my ****, find the game, pull the trigger, dress the critter, and pack it out.
VA, I don't think a 20 MOA base will do all that, but it will get you 20 MOA of elevation......

I hear Seekins makes a good lightweight product.
The scope, dude....

Originally Posted by smokepole
JB (and others), who makes good 20 MOA bases besides Badger? Any quality lightweights out there?
It's my understanding that you can get close (depending on ring spacing) to that with Burris Signature rings and their various inserts. Might be a bit cheaper route to the same place.
JB,

Good info - thanks!!

VAnimrod,

Scope was $1900, but for $3000 I'll bet you could get a very nice lady of the evening to take care of all your needs you mentioned above!!

Smokepole,

Here's some good picatinney style bases: Murphy Precision, Near Mfg, NightForce, Badger (they make a lightweight), and Seekins.
$1900.... getting closer to being reasonable.
Jeff,

While your scope is not mounted it would be a good idea to completely cycle the elevation and windage at least 10 times.

I kind of think of this as a scope break in and always do it before mounting the optic.

We had a return last year for tracking problems, the first and so far only tracking issue and we are well into 4 digits in scope sales.

I mounted it on my personal 264 to test.

It did act funny so I cycled both the windage and elevation 10 times and then rezeroed it. No more issue with tracking. grin

That is the scope I shot in the 1 Mile video and hunted with this year.

JohnBurns,

While your scope is not mounted it would be a good idea to completely cycle the elevation and windage at least 10 times.

Do you recomend this with any brand?
Originally Posted by Ringman
JohnBurns,

Do you recomend this with any brand?

Yes
John, what's your method to preload erectors again?
© 24hourcampfire