Posted By: Jericho Steiner binocular fakes - 09/02/11
Is it possible that there are copies of Steiner binos floating
around?
I didn't think steiners were worth copying
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

Kinda like counterfeiting nickels...
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Steiner binocular fakes - 09/02/11
I can remember seeing fake Steiner's (Military/Marine series) on one Chinese OEM and even Leupold VX series as well.

+1

Depends on the model. The Military/Marine series do not have good optics and this is coming from a Steiner fan. OTOH, the Peregrine, new Nighthunter XP and the Peregrine XP are excellent with the Peregrine XP being as good as anything out there. Maybe JGRaider will chime in with his thoughts on the one's I've mentioned. Most people who make blanket statements about Steiner bino's are basing their opinion's on old Military/Marines models or just echoing someone elses opinion, as shocking as that might seem.
Just checked out some Predators last weekend. Junk. Great if you like being googly-eyed afterwards. Steiner = Tasco of Germany.
Roof or porro's ? The porro's aren't anything to write home about.
Posted By: MK257 Re: Steiner binocular fakes - 09/02/11
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Kinda like counterfeiting nickels...

TFF...Couldnt agree more.
Posted By: FeiXixi Re: Steiner binocular fakes - 10/17/11
I got a Military/Marine 8X30, I think is OK for normal. But the nighthunter XP deal with evening better.
Posted By: dman Re: Steiner binocular fakes - 10/18/11
Had an older pair of steiner rocky 8x25. They were excellent. Sold them to buy swarovski 8x30. Wish I could have kept both. Had a pair of 20x80 military and liked them too. Berreta has bought them and burris -I think burris will be headquarters for them. I think some future models will be good.
© 24hourcampfire